Just now, Dave Moss said:

Let's assume he lost the election and he wasn't banned from twitter during 2020...  do you think he's tweeting that people should comply or not?

He would have been irrelevant by then if he lost the election. 

• Like 2

Let's assume he lost the election and he wasn't banned from twitter during 2020...  do you think he's tweeting that people should comply or not?

lost the election in 2016? 

if he lost in 2016, he certainly wouldn't have the following or the audience he had as potus...so his ridiculous tweets wouldn't have had as much clout, imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

I couldn't disagree more. Trump supporters are sheep who take their direction from the shepherd. If Trump wore a mask, it wouldn't be a political issue at all. Trump's base is made up primarily of the ignorant -- they don't think for themselves. They follow the leader.

Yeah, but he wouldn't wear a mask.  

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

He would have been tweeting about how Hillary was a criminal and complete failure because half as many people had died. He wouldn't even mention masks. It would be his ebola tweets times 1,000.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

lost the election in 2016? 

if he lost in 2016, he certainly wouldn't have the following or the audience he had as potus...so his ridiculous tweets wouldn't have had as much clout, imo. 

Possibly.  I think he would still be relevant if he had lost in 2016, but maybe not.  Twitter didn't ban him until he went bat**** insane over the 2020 election.

All these people saying they slept so much better last night are kind of goofy too.

Just my opinion of course.  

36 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I mean, it's pathetic.  

Your life isn't going to change that much (if at all) based on who the President is.  

(Unless you're a political appointee in the federal government).

The last four years begs to differ Dave

Possibly.  I think he would still be relevant if he had lost, but maybe not.  Twitter didn't ban him until he went bat**** insane over the election.

1. If he weren't President, he'd have been banned much earlier

2. His following would be much smaller. His aura and appeal comes from being a winner. If he lost in 2016...

3. He wouldn't have talked about masks at all. If he did, we would have blasted Hillary for NOT mandating them and then blaming her for the deaths. Remember -- Trump has no actual guiding principles or convictions other than anything his enemies do is wrong. He would have been tweeting about how Hillary was awful because 150,000 people died. Masks wouldn't be an issue at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

The last four years begs to differ Dave

You think your life in Sweden is dependent on who the U.S. President is?  Based on what exactly?

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

He wouldn't have talked about masks at all.

If the Dems had been anti-mask he would have been pro-mask.  It was always about driving division and chaos for him.

• Like 1

Trump doesn't care about Democrats. He cares about famous Democrats. He only targets people with presence, real or imagined.

He has to shape the conversation to where he is superior to the clearly bottom feeding person he is opposed.

6 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

If the Dems had been anti-mask he would have been pro-mask.  It was always about driving division and chaos for him.

I will go to my death bed insisting he was against the masks because it runs his make up.  yes he is absolutely that vain.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Also, no wondering if we might invade Canada because Trudeau made fun of Trump -- that's a win.

Well, we should invade Canada because of Nickelback, but Trump would not have been invading them for the right reasons.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

All these people saying they slept so much better last night are kind of goofy too.

I slept like a baby last night, not because of politics, because of beer, that I drank celebrating the day, so I guess because of politics.

4 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

Trump doesn't care about Democrats. He cares about famous Democrats. He only targets people with presence, real or imagined.

He has to shape the conversation to where he is superior to the clearly bottom feeding person he is opposed.

He's sort of an amazing combination of being both a mega narcissist and massively insecure all at the same time. He needs to accuse others of all his failings in order to protect and inflate his ego.

He is a complete imbecile, so he attacks others for being dumb.

He is morbidly obese, so he mocks women who are overweight. 

He is comically corrupt, so he calls other people crooked.

Everything he does is to maintain the alternate reality in which he lives, where he is some awesome alpha male and success. His need to protect his fragile ego is all that matters. He is the functional equivalent of a middle school student.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I slept like a baby last night, not because of politics, because of beer, that I drank celebrating the day, so I guess because of politics.

Yeah I ate a way too strong edible and fell into the abyss lol.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

He's sort of an amazing combination of being both a mega narcissist and massively insecure all at the same time. He needs to accuse others of all his failings in order to protect and inflate his ego.

He is a complete imbecile, so he attacks others for being dumb.

He is morbidly obese, so he mocks women who are overweight. 

He is comically corrupt, so he calls other people crooked.

Yup, he's what psychologists call a "master projector."

39 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Obama raised my taxes.

Trump raised my taxes.

Biden will likely raise my taxes.

The impact of not having a racist imbecile in the White House may not be tangible to me, or at least to my wallet. But if it gets the racists to go back to being ashamed of being racist, that's a win. If it means we no longer celebrate ignorance as a virtue, that's a win. And if it means we have a leader who actually will try to solve a problem like the pandemic, that's a massive win. While I will likely disagree with most of his policies, I won't doubt that Biden will do what he thinks is best for the country, just like Obama and Bush. Trump only did what was best for Trump.

Also, no wondering if we might invade Canada because Trudeau made fun of Trump -- that's a win.

That's an awful lot of winning. You must be exhausted.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There is no better representation of the failings of Trumpism than this. All talk, no action. Why? Because doing things is, like, hard and requires effort. Spouting off ridiculous plans (impeaching Biden, getting Mexico to pay for a wall) is easy, but actually knowing how to accomplish things takes knowledge that these cretins (i) don't have and (ii) lack the required drive to gain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Amazing.  A Congresswoman who has been in her current job for less than 3 weeks discovered something was harder than she thought?  You don't say...

38 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Typically I would agree with this. It doesn't matter who was president as there is a congress and senate to make sure there is a balance of power.

However Trump was so woefully inept, that there was always so much angst with him as president. Will he say something to the wrong country because he is insecure and start a war with them? Would he hold up aid to a state that needs it just because they are Democrats?

I mean look at his response to Puerto Rico - I am pretty sure those people are sleeping a lot better tonight knowing that if another hurricane hit there the mainland would have a response to help them out instead of throwing paper towels at them like they are animals.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So you’re telling me I can’t just go on the floor and tell them to impeach? 

• Haha 1

Just now, pallidrone said:

Typically I would agree with this. It doesn't matter who was president as there is a congress and senate to make sure there is a balance of power.

However Trump was so woefully inept, that there was always so much angst with him as president. Will he say something to the wrong country because he is insecure and start a war with them? Would he hold up aid to a state that needs it just because they are Democrats?

I mean look at his response to Puerto Rico - I am pretty sure those people are sleeping a lot better tonight knowing that if another hurricane hit there the mainland would have a response to help them out instead of throwing paper towels at them like they are animals.

I guess I was more specifically addressing the white woman in that video.  Not the marginalized people and communities that Trump hates.  I know they were impacted by his incompetence.

They keep outing themselves...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1