cunninghamtheman

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

6 hours ago, stine said:

JG and Jimmy G. These the same people?

JG is Jonathan Gannon...Eagles DC....Jimmy G is One of the starting QB for the 9ers...he wasBrady's backup in NewEngland.

Beating rookies really not that impressive.

What would impress is making a game next wk, we beat them last yr so why not?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Beating rookies really not that impressive.

What would impress is making a game next wk, we beat them last yr so why not?

Ryan and Ridley are rookies?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ryan and Ridley are rookies?

I took it as he was referring to Atlanta's D

15 hours ago, Trini said:

JG is Jonathan Gannon...Eagles DC....Jimmy G is One of the starting QB for the 9ers...he wasBrady's backup in NewEngland.

Thanks, I did not know Gannons first name. That was the confusion lol

• Haha 1

John McMullen is reporting that Landon Dickerson, Davion Taylor were full go at practice. Dickerson could make his Debut at LG for BBrooks this week against the 9ers. McCleod is not back to full practice. But he is practicing on the side without contact. That right side with Dickerson and Lane Johnson could be formidable...I can't wait...Taylor is one of the fastest LB in the league  want to see his progression against a very talented 9ers Offense .

Salivating to see these kids get on the field.

OK, San Fran is going to try and pound the ball down our throats. What my worry is if we cannot stop it they will not change their game plan like Atlanta did. This game could get ugly if we cannot stop their running attack. Obviously Gannon's focus should be correcting that issue. Problem is I am not sure we have the personnel to stop them. Our LB's are average at best and I am being kind. They need to stay in their lanes and make the tackles.....

Anyway, I do feel we can move the ball on them. So hopefully we can put together some lengthy drives of our own.....

• Like 1

I wonder if we could play someone like Sweat at LB.......?

5 minutes ago, Trini said:

John McMullen is reporting that Landon Dickerson, Davion Taylor were full go at practice. Dickerson could make his Debut at LG for BBrooks this week against the 9ers. McCleod is not back to full practice. But he is practicing on the side without contact. That right side with Dickerson and Lane Johnson could be formidable...I can't wait...Taylor is one of the fastest LB in the league  want to see his progression against a very talented 9ers Offense .

Why take out Brooks? Seumalo would be my obvious choice....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I took it as he was referring to Atlanta's D

Every team has rookies so I don't get it

33 minutes ago, Trini said:

What's wrong with Brooks?

27 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, San Fran is going to try and pound the ball down our throats. What my worry is if we cannot stop it they will not change their game plan like Atlanta did. This game could get ugly if we cannot stop their running attack. Obviously Gannon's focus should be correcting that issue. Problem is I am not sure we have the personnel to stop them. Our LB's are average at best and I am being kind. They need to stay in their lanes and make the tackles.....

Anyway, I do feel we can move the ball on them. So hopefully we can put together some lengthy drives of our own.....

OH I see the opposite. Our run D is pretty good and they lost 2 RB's. If I want to win, I beat us through the air. I get Kittle open often and while we are busy with their WR's, I hit Hardman also who should get nice match-ups

50 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH I see the opposite. Our run D is pretty good and they lost 2 RB's. If I want to win, I beat us through the air. I get Kittle open often and while we are busy with their WR's, I hit Hardman also who should get nice match-ups

Nope, The 2 RB's they have are better than both of Atlanta's. Compare the O-Lines and you will see the obvious advantage is San Fran. That is what they are going to try and establish right away. Book it!

Our run D is pretty good? They gave up like 160 yards in 20 minutes!  Then Atlanta did what we normally do and started passing.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stine said:

Nope, The 2 RB's they have are better than both of Atlanta's. Compare the O-Lines and you will see the obvious advantage is San Fran. That is what they are going to try and establish right away. Book it!

Our run D is pretty good? They gave up like 160 yards in 20 minutes!  Then Atlanta did what we normally do and started passing.....

Almost every team has better RB's than ATL. That's a low bar there. Sure they will TRY to establish the run(all teams do) but I dont think it is sustainable

21 minutes ago, stine said:

RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG FPTS
  C. Patterson 7 54 0 14 6
  M. Davis 15 49 0 12 6
  K. Smith 2 13 0 8 2
  M. Ryan 2 8 0 8 6
   IDK what stats you are looking at my friend. They gave up 124 rushing yards ALL game,so I have no clue where you get 160 in 20 minutes

My concerns are more with Kittle and Hardman(assuming we can cover their other WR's). I think Aiyuk is out also(which helps our cause). I'm looking for a fairly close game, but I believe we are outgunned. We usually play ok vs them,so we shall see if Siri has any tricks for them. In my view this is  HUGE test for Hurts. We will truly know what we have after this game. Loved Siri's game plan vs ATL. We are going to see what Siri, Gannon and Hurts are made of this week. If we pull out a win,then my 6-7 game theory is gone and maybe Romo's(not sure if it was Romo) predictions were right(at 10 wins). This will be a really entertaining game for me,not just the "icing" players,but watching the trench wars

IDK if Dickerson plays,but he is a beast like Mailiata. Having those 2 on the left side would like trying to run through a brick wall. I could see a rotation keeping our lineman more fresh. That would certainly help. I know 2 games is jumping the gun,but if Hurts puts up numbers I will stop questioning his ability and I will have to buy in as it seems all the team members have already. I hear Ertz is "limited" if so, I could see Jjaw as a possible TE2 if Ertz can't go. Thoughts?

• Like 2

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-49ers-niners-week-2-predictions-tv-stream-betting-odds-spread-advice-jalen-hurts/ We need to stuff their running game and get then down in points. They are not good playing from behind. The onus will be on Garappolo. One starting CB is out which bodes well for our passing game

47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:
RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG FPTS
  C. Patterson 7 54 0 14 6
  M. Davis 15 49 0 12 6
  K. Smith 2 13 0 8 2
  M. Ryan 2 8 0 8 6
   IDK what stats you are looking at my friend. They gave up 124 rushing yards ALL game,so I have no clue where you get 160 in 20 minutes

OK, I must have heard it wrong on the radio this morning. But Atlanta's first three drives were almost all running and consisted of 178 total yards. The rest of the game they got 82 total yards!  So, you move the ball effectively running the ball then you stop? SF will run the ball on us much more effectively, unless Gannon can scheme something up. the 3rd drive ended around 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter.... 20 minutes...