Jump to content
cunninghamtheman

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cowboys were 13-3 then Zeke got suspended the next season aiding us in winning it all.

I disagree...I think the 2016 results for Dallas was the fluke.  Their OL was completely dominant, never been close to that level since.   Regardless of " what some say"   ...as my dad always says...." some people are just idiots "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to bit*ch about the Pats cause they had such an easy div. Part of the prob w/ the NFCE is we beet the crap out of each other. No proof but I imagine we;re actually the toughest, hardest hittind, most blue collar div in the league. I kinda like that, maybe I'm just imagining that, but it rings true. TB12 nor the Pats have beaten an NFCE team in the SB, not even the lowly NYGnats, twice when they were 9-7!  No team scares me this yr.. I believe we can beat any team on any given day this yr - period! Not to say we're great, but we really are a pretty well put together team w/ some of that " wierd scince " - like the QB and #1 WR knowing each other. Why not?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve felt the Bills were arguably the best team now for a couple seasons. Think they should win it all this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFC West is stacked. Raiders look dangerous. Obviously the Broncos think Wilson is the missing piece. Was the Cheetah the main weapon in KC? Or is it Mahomes? Chargers have sooooo much talent. They haven’t achieved ANYTHING yet though.

Seperate note: Very interesting hearing the old Pats players dogging out Jimmy G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been hearing them dogging out TB12, saying it was more about Belicheat - and i can believe that. I've watched Brady and personally I really never saw anything amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure everybody here is tired of hearing this from me but…..Brady is first class with all the intangibles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I disagree...I think the 2016 results for Dallas was the fluke.  Their OL was completely dominant, never been close to that level since.   Regardless of " what some say"   ...as my dad always says...." some people are just idiots "

A very talented team….that you try and discredit for several years of being. It seems abundantly clear to me the problem rears it’s head in the postseason. When the first class coaching really shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean McDermott deserves a SB after the work he's done and being kicked out of Philly as a scapegoat. My top 3 gripes about the Eagles includes not having a succession plan after Johnson and let McDermott develop for a couple more years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve felt the Bills were arguably the best team now for a couple seasons. Think they should win it all this year.

Agree, they were missing a running game though.  OL struggled to run block recently, too much put on Allen.  The coin toss ended their season last year,otherwise really good chance they win it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noooooooooo……Miles quoted saying "Oh man. We all feel like we're on an all-star team, so we feel great. We feel unstoppable, I'm not gonna lie.”

46 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Sean McDermott deserves a SB after the work he's done and being kicked out of Philly as a scapegoat. My top 3 gripes about the Eagles includes not having a succession plan after Johnson and let McDermott develop for a couple more years.

Should have let McDermott grow. Then we did the same with Groh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Agree, they were missing a running game though.  OL struggled to run block recently, too much put on Allen.  The coin toss ended their season last year,otherwise really good chance they win it all.

Yeah, having the top ranked defense in many categories is very tough on a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

A very talented team….that you try and discredit for several years of being. It seems abundantly clear to me the problem rears it’s head in the postseason. When the first class coaching really shows.

Overrated... it's what Jerry does to make the money, best marketing team in the world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Sean McDermott deserves a SB after the work he's done and being kicked out of Philly as a scapegoat. My top 3 gripes about the Eagles includes not having a succession plan after Johnson and let McDermott develop for a couple more years.

My top one is that I'm about to be 50 and I have yet to see a pro bowl level QB and WR play together for a few years.  A pretty fundamental aspect of football ... a good passer and a good target...get them both and let them play together for a few years. 

Even an overrated team like Dallas seems to have that all the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, having the top ranked defense in many categories is very tough on a QB.

????   Offensively,  they haven't been able to run the ball... ask a Bills fan.  It's why Allen has to do everything for them.  If they fix that, I think they are the best team.  

Playing in that division has helped their defense when it comes to stats and rankings... the New England defense was like having a top 5 fantasy RB a few years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

????   Offensively,  they haven't been able to run the ball... ask a Bills fan.  It's why Allen has to do everything for them.  If they fix that, I think they are the best team.  

Playing in that division has helped their defense when it comes to stats and rankings... the New England defense was like having a top 5 fantasy RB a few years ago. 

Buffalo was sixth in rushing last season

Sixth in rushing and the best defense….poor QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Buffalo was sixth in rushing last season

Sixth in rushing and the best defense….poor QB

Definitely think need a more in-depth look at the bills rushing attack.

Singleton the top rusher on the bills gave them 51 yards a game rushing on avg.

To compare the Eagles Sanders gave just under 63 yards and Howard gave you 58. Sanders in 5 fewer games only had like 120 yards less then Singleton who played in all 17.

# 2 and #3 RBs for the Bills Moss and Breida gave them 27 yards and 14 yards 

To compare again Scott our #3 guys 23 yards a game Gains 18 yards. 
 

Definitely be more interested in seeing what just the RBs did for teams taking away the extra help some QBs give in the rush department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Definitely think need a more in-depth look at the bills rushing attack.

Singleton the top rusher on the bills gave them 51 yards a game rushing on avg.

To compare the Eagles Sanders gave just under 63 yards and Howard gave you 58. Sanders in 5 fewer games only had like 120 yards less then Singleton who played in all 17.

# 2 and #3 RBs for the Bills Moss and Breida gave them 27 yards and 14 yards 

To compare again Scott our #3 guys 23 yards a game Gains 18 yards. 
 

Definitely be more interested in seeing what just the RBs did for teams taking away the extra help some QBs give in the rush department. 

They averaged 4.8 yards a carry. We averaged 5.0 for comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They made some key additions to arguably the most talented team. Drafted RB Cook and CB Elam. Von Miller brought in.

AFC East got better though. Miami obviously stepped things up big time expecting to add Brady. Jets have clearly improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets drafted Apple Sauce Gardner, WR Wilson arguably the top pass catcher and Jermaine Johnson in the first and still got arguably the best RB Breece Hall in the second. I mean….what a draft for the JETS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They averaged 4.8 yards a carry. We averaged 5.0 for comparison. 

That’s true Allen avg. little more then 6 yards a carry take him away what do they look like. When talking the help you can’t add in what the QB does with them. 
 

Bills had 461 carries Allen counted for 122 of those. They had 2209 rush yards Allen counted for 763 yards.

We take those away Bills ran 339 times for 1446 yards. Which is just under 4.3 yards a carry. Not terrible but not great either. 
 

To be fair we had 550 rushes 2715 yards minus 139 rushes and 784 yards for hurts.

411 rushes for 1931 yards Just under 4.7 yards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another think to note even without Hurts we would still be top 13 rush team pretty far drop sure from #1 but you take away Allen from the Bills and they are a bottom 3 rushing team.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Buffalo was sixth in rushing last season

Sixth in rushing and the best defense….poor QB

Really?    Again, ask Amy Bills fan about their rushing (non Allen ) you'll get the real story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...