Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Back in April the reports were that Dickerson would be ready for camp

It's only the first day.  If he is not ready for the games, then it would be a real concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That PC towards the end seemed to me like 10 minutes of trying to justify why they're going to pay a back up TE top 5 money 

Either that or they were trying to prop him up to trade partners.

Look at Ertz he's a winner, young guys listen to him you want him on your team to show dudes how to do stuff.

Last I checked those guys were called coaches...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

The problem with people like you, you over complicate things. "dont know what im talking about". 

If the fire is hot, dont put your hand in it. 

If your burnt out, unhappy with travel, stressed over the competition... quit. 

Taking breaks, or going to talk about your feelings only teaches you to decompartmentalize.

DONT LIKE IT, GO DO SOMETHING ELSE. 

If only it were so simple 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

is it fair to judge Emily Blunt and the Rock in Jungle Cruise against Bogart and Bacall in African Queen?

Katharine Hepburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Don't forget to add Jim Jordan.

Well he was the assistant coach to whom I was referring but trying to keep my dislike for Ohio State being the focus and standing up for PA over OH, while not bringing politics into it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Katharine Hepburn

He must have meant Key Largo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Katharine Hepburn

It was the wine last night. Kate was great in that movie.   Seems from what I have read that they kind of Disneyfied her role for Emily Blunt in the new ride movie.  Really enjoy most of Rock’s movies but he isn’t going to be Bogie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

He must have meant Key Largo

Both are absolutely great movies!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Williams at DE, along with players like Patrick Johnson, Avery, & Ostman at LB...

Maybe just a few packages, or a full on 3-4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

It was the wine last night. Kate was great in that movie.   Seems from what I have read that they kind of Disneyfied her role for Emily Blunt in the new ride movie.  Really enjoy most of Rock’s movies but he isn’t going to be Bogie.  

I already addressed this... that wasn't the goal of this movie.  The ride has been around for a long time, and its one of my favorites... not for thrills, but for generally terrible 'dad jokes' throughout.  So, this movie should be very 'campy', whereas African Queen was very much a drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Like I said, you're a clown. 

Partially and vaccinated people are almost 2 to 1 on unvaccinated. And again, both are spreaders. 

If you bang 10 chics, 7 are vaccinated and 3 are not, you're more LIKELY to get it from a vaccinated person. 

 

 

No, actually, you're not. 

Here's some math for you:

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have over a 95% effectiveness rate - that means 95% of vaccinated people will not get the virus, period.  Let's say there's a 5% "pass through" rate, meaning that 5% get the virus but either have no symptoms or mild symptoms.  The 5% is what they are talking about when they say vaccinated people "can spread it too". Even if the rate is 85% or so with the new variants, that still means only 15% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. The J & J vaccine is around 65%.  But even at 65% that means only 35% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. 

And since (at most) 20 million people took the J & J vaccine, that means the rest took either Pfizer or Moderna...meaning 140+ million have the "higher effectiveness rate" vaccines.  That's roughly 85%. with at least 85% efficiency (much more in most cases). And the other 15% have around 65% efficiency.   We can do a worse case scenario and average it down to 82% efficiency.  (Much higher in real world scenarios but this is a "absolutely worst case scenario".

So if all 10 "chicks" were exposed to covid, out of the 7 that were vaccinated only 1 would (potentially) be carrying the virus vs all 3 that were not vaccinated.  So yes, your chances of getting it from someone who is not vaccinated, even if 70% of the people you come in contact with are vaccinated, is still around 3-1.  (And that's worst case scenario numbers).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ace Nova said:

No, actually, you're not. 

Here's some math for you:

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have over a 95% efficiency rate - that means 95% of vaccinated people will not get the virus, period.  Let's say there's a 5% "pass through" rate, meaning that 5% get the virus but either have no symptoms or mild symptoms.  The 5% is what they are talking about when they say vaccinated people "can spread it too". Even if the rate is 85% or so with the new variants, that still means only 15% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. The J & J vaccine is around 65%.  But even at 65% that means only 35% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. 

And since (at most) 20 million people took the J & J vaccine, that means the rest took either Pfizer or Moderna...meaning 140+ million have the "higher efficiency" vaccines.  That's roughly 85%. with at least 85% efficiency (much more in most cases). And the other 15% have around 65% efficiency.   We can do a worse case scenario and average it down to 82% efficiency.  (Much higher in real world scenarios but this is a "absolutely worst case scenario".

So if all 10 "chicks" were exposed to covid, out of the 7 that were vaccinated only 1 would (potentially) be carrying the virus vs all 3 that were not vaccinated.  So yes, your chances of getting it from someone who is not vaccinated, even if 70% of the people you come in contact with are vaccinated, is around 3-1.  (And that's worst case scenario numbers).

 

Not sure that's correct, and looking at the news, it would seem to be confirm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Not sure that's correct, and looking at the news, it would seem to be confirm

What part of it isn't correct?  The vast majority of Covid being spread right now is among and between unvaccinated people...and it's not even close

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ace Nova said:

What part of it isn't correct?  The vast majority of Covid being spread right now is among and between unvaccinated people...and it's not even close

Every part of the bolded sentence. I think even doctors are saying the efficacy, not efficiency is lower against the Delta variant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

HIPAA!!!!!

So, basically he is saying he isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter for the DL if it's a 3-4/4-3. It matters what role they play (1-tech, 3-tech, 2i, 4i, 5-tech). etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks like a little kid sitting at the adult table

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaliEagle said:

So, basically he is saying he isn't.

Yup.  The answers are either "Yes" or any other combination of words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...