Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What even is his question?  If a doens't play at least 75% of the snaps under any condition then that's it unless he plays 70% and they still make the playoffs.  COVID or not COVID.  That said he would have to miss 5 games with COVID for him to not hit that 75% threshhold.  Cam Newton got COVID last year and only missed one game for reference.  

Excellent point.  You’re turning the corner.  Have a great night.  

26 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have to say…I cannot remember a time when all four Philly sports teams were so collectively unappealing.  There have been times when they have been worse, but I’m talking uninteresting and directionless.  

Sixers are by far the best team, also the most depressing and frustrating.  Eagles are the worst team…maybe the most compelling…but that’s a low bar and some of that is just intrinsic to the parity of the nfl.

Phillies are officially in mediocre purgatory.  And the Flyers…nothing to say there.  

Probably 2012 - 2013. All 4 were winning percentages of around .400 or lower and seemed pretty hopeless/end of an era feeling for some

I'm actually kind of excited about the team this year. I don't have high expectations at all, but they really needed some change after the last two years. DeVonta Smith helps.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have to say…I cannot remember a time when all four Philly sports teams were so collectively unappealing.  There have been times when they have been worse, but I’m talking uninteresting and directionless.  

Sixers are by far the best team, also the most depressing and frustrating.  Eagles are the worst team…maybe the most compelling…but that’s a low bar and some of that is just intrinsic to the parity of the nfl.

Phillies are officially in mediocre purgatory.  And the Flyers…nothing to say there.  

The flyers just restructured their leadership group over the course of a week, idk how you can seriously say "nothing to say there". They are infinitely more compelling than the eagles who have nothing going for them except a new coaching staff and an exciting WR.

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

The flyers just restructured their leadership group over the course of a week, idk how you can seriously say "nothing to say there". They are infinitely more compelling than the eagles who have nothing going for them except a new coaching staff and an exciting WR.

No they didn’t.  Giroux is still there.  But I am interested in the direction they are going.  I’d like to see JVR moved and something if anything can be done about G. 

I have no real hobbies outside of sports, and the Eagles are atop my list of favorite teams by a significant margin. This is as apathetic as I’ve ever been. 

• Like 2

I collect high end sports cards , along with MTG cards , old silver coins from around the world too .

Fills the void when sports are slow .

Can the Vince Velasquez experiment be over now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Eagles will surprise people this year

35 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Can the Vince Velasquez experiment be over now?

Never!!!! The Phillies will use that 16 strikeout game from like 5 years ago to justify it next year. 

10 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You've been the biggest offender this entire summer of constantly finding ways to try and discuss politics in this thread. It's never ending with you. 

Link?

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

How do YOU know that I didn't vote 3rd party, Mr. Crystal ball licker? Because I DID, you know-it-all-idiot. Sheeple assume things like this, and are wrong. Go chew some grass, sheeple snowflake. 🤣

And now, back to SPORTS news.

Yawn...🥱

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Yawn...🥱

Yeah, check mate, b-i-t-c-h... you got nothin. Your crap is weak, so step off.

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah, check mate, b-i-t-c-h... you got nothin. Your crap is weak, so step off

didn't know we were playing chess???

Go give your self a pat on a back you wasted your vote and all you got to show for it is knowing the consistentcy of my stool, that's weird dude, seek help creeper...

Only a few more days till we get to really begin to witness the start of a Hall of Fame career.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Only a few more days till we get to really begin to witness the start of a Hall of Fame career.

Pump the brakes.  Let’s see if a kid built like a high school freshman can survive getting hit by grown men.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Pump the brakes.  Let’s see if a kid built like a high school freshman can survive getting hit by grown men.

Remember the time when saquan barkley was going to be the greatest running back ever.... fun times. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Great. He’s got the Koy curse. I’m expecting nothing but a camp body now. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Remember the time when saquan barkley was going to be the greatest running back ever.... fun times. 

It'll be interesting to see how he comes back this season

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It'll be interesting to see how he comes back this season

I think he’ll be fine. Problem for the giants is more their oline still is below average and Daniel jones has still not looked good enough at QB. I thought the giants should’ve taken an OL at 20 and not Toney. They needed help along the oline way more. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Being skinny sure didn't cause Randy Moss to get a lot of contact injuries.  Or Todd Pinkston.  Or Marvin Harrison.  

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

For sure has the talent.  Too bad he has been wasted by being forced to play behind a horrific NYG offensive line with no QB help during his career.  

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Being skinny sure didn't cause Randy Moss to get a lot of contact injuries.  Or Todd Pinkston.  Or Marvin Harrison.  

Pinkerton had 180 career catches.  Moss and Harrison did not look skinny like him.

Pump him up, hope your right.  He has to prove it.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Pinkerton had 180 career catches.  Moss and Harrison did not look skinny like him.

Pump him up, hope your right.  He has to prove it.

DeVonta_Smith.jpg

Moss-Packers-MNF-1998.jpg

1998-E-X2001-Randy-Moss-RC-55.jpg

Marvin_Harrison_in_2007_Training_Camp_2.

Marvin-Harrison-Signed-Photo.jpg