Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think you overrated Watson. He isn't a Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes ect. level of QB that elevates whatever roster he is on to be a playoff team every year.  

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Brady are some of the greatest QBs in NFL history. But Watson is a top 6 QB in the NFL. He's elite. And in this division I think he would elevate them to that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mike Kaye did a good job in his article. Came to the conclusion of 2 firsts, Hurts and ertz. Potentially Cox in the deal. The Texans put their asking price out there and every one knows they have poor leverage and they’ll eventually come down 

2 firsts, Hurts and Ertz? This guy thinks he Dr Seuss?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Hurts isn't anything special. The sooner people realize this, the better. Dude has major accuracy issues.

The only reason people are hyped about him is random social media workout videos. Not anything actually done on the field last season. It's just Eagles fan desperation allowing themselves to be talked into something.

But, but, but, he's a hard worker and I've seen every video to prove it!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

If the cost of Watson is 3 1st round picks, the team has a better chance with another QB that either doesn't cost those picks or cost those picks but is a better value because of talent or cost.  A team needs multiple great players to win a Super Bowl, giving up 3 chances at potentially great players combined with the high salary cap cost of Watson will lessen the team's chances of building a SB contender.  Even if the team trades all 3 of those picks for a higher draft pick of a less talented QB, the lower salary cost will still make it more possible for the team to add better talent through free agency.  

Which QB is that? I don't think they exist.

Their last 4 first rounders are Smith, Reagor, Dillard, Goedert(technically 2nd round but they traded down for him).

Just look at it as trading 3 of those guys for Watson.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Brady are some of the greatest QBs in NFL history. But Watson is a top 6 QB in the NFL. He's elite. And in this division I think he would elevate them to that.

What makes him elite?  What has Watson won? 

The irony is that some of the same people that want Watson here are predicting something around 3800 yards, 25TD and 12 int for Hurts this season …which other than last season is what Watson has basically averaged throughout his career and that’s with having a top 3 NFL WR for most of his career. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

F2858A35-8851-4DD7-8E8B-64E766076CE6.jpeg

5ho7ji.jpg

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I can’t wait for the fun to begin again next offseason 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Trade the pick for a nice ransom.

Texans, Lions, Denver(no rodgers trade) Giants will all over value Rattler and Howell, if not both. 

Yes sir, that's my thoughts. Keep the feeding the draft pick furnace over the next few years. Build the team in the draft; fix the damn defense, add more to the o-line, get another top exciting WR to compliment Smith... 

5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

What makes him elite?  What has Watson won? 

The irony is that some of the same people that want Watson here are predicting something around 3800 yards, 25TD and 12 int for Hurts this season …which other than last season is what Watson has basically averaged throughout his career and that’s with having a top 3 NFL WR for most of his career. 

Teams win games, not QBs. But if you want to go that route, the teams he's been on have been playoff teams in the NFL and multiple national titles in college. He's accurate, he has a good enough arm, he makes good decisions, he reads defenses well, and he's very athletic.

The better question is what's to dislike about his game? He does everything you want in a QB.

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mike Kaye did a good job in his article. Came to the conclusion of 2 firsts, Hurts and ertz. Potentially Cox in the deal. The Texans put their asking price out there and every one knows they have poor leverage and they’ll eventually come down 

I just don't think there's any way the team should trade for him with the suits pending.  It would be impossible to know the merit of the claims and if they have merit, it means even if they settle, the NFL will consider disciplining him.  Certainly the Dolphins are in a lot better position to contend but I think the Eagles would be better off not making the trade. 

10 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He might not even be the best QB in the division.  Really depends on how Dak comes back from his injury but Dak is at the least on the same level as Watson if not better. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Teams win games, not QBs. But if you want to go that route, the teams he's been on have been playoff teams in the NFL and multiple national titles in college. He's accurate, he has a good enough arm, he makes good decisions, he reads defenses well, and he's very athletic.

The better question is what's to dislike about his game? He does everything you want in a QB.

If you ignore the off the field issues that impact his ability to play. 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If true, good news for those who don’t want the Eagles to trade for Watson. Broncos would be a more likely landing spot for him.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He might not even be the best QB in the division.  Really depends on how Dak comes back from his injury but Dak is at the least on the same level as Watson if not better. 

Hahahaha... ok dude. Now you’re just playing contrarian.

I still can't believe some people were worried about this

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Anyone else worried that the Giants or Foreskins trade a king’s ransom for Watson?  I can’t think of another team better equipped to win right now if they upgraded the QB position.  He’s not gonna miss more than 8 games once these off field issues are all settled.  Not to mention we’d have to deal with him for the next 6+ years twice a year. 

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I forgot about Hurts.  Well, he's worth a 3rd.  So add him....or not .  

According to some people around here, he's Russell Wilson...that has to be worth something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

So they want 5 high quality picks plus 2 players? I'm out on that deal. 

Nobody is giving them that.  At least not anyone with a brain.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I still can't believe some people were worried about this

I don't think anyone was worried, but what was the hold up ??  Rookie wage scale is set.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Hahahaha... ok dude. Now you’re just playing contrarian.

Please outline for me how Watson is definitively a better QB than Dak to the point that it is laughable? Dak who has never had a losing season and was on pace for a little under 6k passing yards prior to his injury last season? 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I don't think anyone was worried, but what was the hold up ??  Rookie wage scale is set.

Trade him. He’s already proving to be a malcontent and locker room distraction. 👀

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

LOL.  Mike Kaye plagiarized my post from earlier.   Who wouldn't take Ertz, an All-TATE QB, and 2 firsts?

• Haha 1

OTC currently has the Eagles with 3.267 million in cap space.  Reported Steven Nelson will have a cap hit of 1.6 million, and Dickerson will have a cap hit of 1.57 million.  That leaves the Eagles with 97,000 in cap space.  

What is the next move ?? We need 1.7 million for player 52 and 53, and will need to have money for mid season moves, IR players etc.

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

OTC currently has the Eagles with 3.267 million in cap space.  Reported Steven Nelson will have a cap hit of 1.6 million, and Dickerson will have a cap hit of 1.57 million.  That leaves the Eagles with 97,000 in cap space.  

What is the next move ?? We need 1.7 million for player 52 and 53, and will need to have money for mid season moves, IR players etc.

I don’t buy Ertz being on this roster come time to account for 52 & 53

• Like 1