Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

I didn't post or remove anything.  I merged your topic with the existing Carson Wentz topic.  Your posts are in this topic dummy.  You get to have your special snowflake trophy for posting about the history of Carson's foot, right here in the Carson Wentz topic.  He's no longer an Eagle, I'm allowing ONE topic on Carson Wentz here because it relates to the conditional pick, which looks like will be a 2nd anyway.  Someone also posted about Wentz in the Around the NFL forum, this all might get moved soon as we prepare for more topics about the current Eagles.

Now, quit complaining or you're getting a timeout.  

Yeah that was me - I was first - and I put it in the right forum! 😉 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Look... It is disappointing that Wentz is going to miss time and thus cost us a first round pick. But hey if he misses enough time the Colts likely suck and then it'll be a high second. Add to that the Dolphins first which could be decent and we are still in a good position especially if Hurts pans out.

The main thing is... Wentz isn't our issue anymore. 

4 picks in the first two rounds is still pretty darn sweet. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Absolutely! When you factor in that he's no longer our problem and we don't have to deal with these injury issues it makes it all the sweeter.

On 8/3/2021 at 6:13 PM, Moderator6 said:

81612738.jpg

I'll take a cookie!

On 8/3/2021 at 8:05 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Four picks provided that dumbarse doesn't give 3 of 4 to the Texans for Watson, matter of fact, if he gives away any of those picks in rounds 1 and 2 the Eagles lose, dumbarse should be thinking long term. 

Just now, EagleVA said:

Four picks provided that dumbarse doesn't give 3 of 4 to the Texans for Watson, matter of fact, if he gives away any of those picks in rounds 1 and 2 the Eagles lose, dumbarse should be thinking long term. 

I hope so too, but I feel like Howie isn’t making a move for Watson on his own. Lurie will be right in step with the move. 

17 hours ago, Big___Al said:

So, the Colts need a quarterback now, right? You think we could get a 1st and a 4th for Hurts?

Honestly them getting Foles would be a much better story than them getting Hurts. 

Carson Wentz and Quenton Nelson are trending toward playing for Colts in Week One

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 11, 2021, 10:48 AM EDT

The Colts said quarterback Carson Wentz and guard Quenton Nelson would both need 5-12 weeks to recover from foot surgery, but they both appear to be on the shorter end of that spectrum.

Both Wentz and Nelson are trending toward being able to play when the Colts take on the Seahawks in Week One, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

Wentz, who had his surgery on August 2, was seen at Colts camp yesterday walking without a limp and without any noticeable protection on his surgically repaired foot. Nelson, who had his surgery on August 3, has never missed a game in his NFL career.

If Wentz can’t go, the Colts would open the season with either 2021 sixth-round pick Sam Ehlinger or 2020 fourth-round pick Jacob Eason as the starting quarterback.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/11/carson-wentz-and-quenton-nelson-are-trending-toward-playing-for-colts-in-week-one/

Even if he does play week one... He's going to get hurt again at some point because this is Carson. This is who he is. 

All of Indy is now ecstatic... It's a MEARCLE!!! I still think it will be a miracle if we end up with their #1 pick, but one can hope.

1 hour ago, Big___Al said:

All of Indy is now ecstatic... It's a MEARCLE!!! I still think it will be a miracle if we end up with their #1 pick, but one can hope.

Reminds me of how we all felt when he came back early in 2018 and eventually got know kid out that season, but not before he led the Eagles to a 5-6 record. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Even if he does play week one... He's going to get hurt again at some point because this is Carson. This is who he is. 

And... because so many Eagles' fans have been burned in the past, they always expect the worst possible outcome.

BUT... the odds are actually in the Eagles' favor.  

Here’s a look at Wentz’s offensive snap count percentages in his career: 

• 2016: 100%
  • 2017: 78%
  • 2018: 66%
  • 2019: 99%
  • 2020: 72%

The only year that he didn't manage to play 75% of the offensive snaps in his career was 2018.  Started on the sideline due to the knee from 2017 and finished on IR due to the back injury.  But, every other year he meets that 75% requirement (Asterisk for 2020, as he was pulled due to performance, not injury.). If he had finished that Packers game before being pulled, he hits the 75% mark in that year as well.  

35 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And... because so many Eagles' fans have been burned in the past, they always expect the worst possible outcome.

BUT... the odds are actually in the Eagles' favor.  

Here’s a look at Wentz’s offensive snap count percentages in his career: 

• 2016: 100%
  • 2017: 78%
  • 2018: 66%
  • 2019: 99%
  • 2020: 72%

The only year that he didn't manage to play 75% of the offensive snaps in his career was 2018.  Started on the sideline due to the knee from 2017 and finished on IR due to the back injury.  But, every other year he meets that 75% requirement (Asterisk for 2020, as he was pulled due to performance, not injury.). If he had finished that Packers game before being pulled, he hits the 75% mark in that year as well.  

I tried this argument, all that did was have people tell me I'm sticking up fro Wentz and he got hurt in a playoff game..  

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I tried this argument, all that did was have people tell me I'm sticking up fro Wentz and he got hurt in a playoff game..  

Sure... but that would be irrelevant to the pick being a first round pick, but having the injury come in the playoffs would be a benefit to the Eagles, considering that they'd likely not win with their backup in the playoffs.  So, that would mean pick #21-#24.  

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Still one of my favorite tweets ever

And the follow up

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sure... but that would be irrelevant to the pick being a first round pick, but having the injury come in the playoffs would be a benefit to the Eagles, considering that they'd likely not win with their backup in the playoffs.  So, that would mean pick #21-#24.  

Also an argument I made and still fell on deaf ears. Cause I said " did he or did he not finish the regular season?" I get " well yeah but, he didn't finish the season". No sheet and who cares we don't need him to win playoff games or even get there for that effing matter

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

And the follow up

That doenst count!

Would like to see a tweet listing QBs that missed games because they were so bad they had to be pulled....

The Colts don't really have good backup options, plus Carson is probably highly motivated to prove himself after the bad year he had.  That might lead him to push himself to play through injury and help the Eagles changes of getting that 1st rounder.  

23 hours ago, downundermike said:

And the follow up

What is Wentz's playoff win/loss record?

aha_.gif

On 8/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

You're sticking up fro (sic) Wentz and he got hurt in a playoff game..  

Archived