Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

On 7/24/2021 at 2:49 AM, Iggles_Phan said:

I am a man of faith, a bit stubborn, generally conservative and an advocate for gun rights.  So, does that mean that you know about my vaccination status too?

Face facts, you don't know anything about whether or not he has been vaccinated.  But it must be fun to act like you do.

To be fair to Eazy, the stuff you list there does mean that statistically you're more likely to be anti vax, that's just playing the percentages not saying I know you personally.  Amazon doesn't know you and your consumer preferences personally but it's algorithms can make crazy accurate guesses based on the number of Ted Nugent you tube videos you watched.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

To be fair to Eazy, the stuff you list there does mean that statistically you're more likely to be anti vax, that's just playing the percentages not saying I know you personally.  Amazon doesn't know you and your consumer preferences personally but it's algorithms can make crazy accurate guesses based on the number of Ted Nugent you tube videos you watched.

I'd love to see your source for this assertion.   

As for Amazon and Ted Nugent...  nice try.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12175852

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

So is Wentz going to come out during a presser and announce if he is vaccinated or not!? What a coward

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

#leadership.

I am sure you are trying to make some kind of joke.  I am sure none of us get it.

18 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'd love to see your source for this assertion.   

As for Amazon and Ted Nugent...  nice try.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12175852

I was just making a joke about the Ted Nugent videos, but you can do a search on the politics of anti Vax and there has been a documented shift from Anti Vax being largely the province of hippy left wing whole Earth moms and ill informed Hollywood types towards the right wing and particularly anti big government constitutional originalist militia types, those are broad brush categories, but I don't think it's that controversial to say that people who describe themselves as pro gun rights tend towards the political right and an interpretation of the constitution as a  carving in stone rather than a living document.

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

#leadership.

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

I am sure you are trying to make some kind of joke.  I am sure none of us get it.

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

:unsure:

@EazyEaglez we are dying to know what you meant with #leadership

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I was just making a joke about the Ted Nugent videos, but you can do a search on the politics of anti Vax and there has been a documented shift from Anti Vax being largely the province of hippy left wing whole Earth moms and ill informed Hollywood types towards the right wing and particularly anti big government constitutional originalist militia types, those are broad brush categories, but I don't think it's that controversial to say that people who describe themselves as pro gun rights tend towards the political right and an interpretation of the constitution as a  carving in stone rather than a living document.

Well, personally, I am not one to judge by the whole.   Vaccinations, especially this one, is a personal decision, not a group one.  So, individuals within each demographic will be making a decision about their vaccination status on an individual basis.  Otherwise, you've now got to lump DeAndre Hopkins in with the right win, pro-gun types, as he's already said on Twitter that he might consider retirement rather than getting vaccinated.    I see that as an individual decision, not a group one.  But, if we are judging by the group, then it needs to be applied across all regions of the NFL spectrum and not localized on a single individual with whom certain people have an ax to grind.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

@EazyEaglez we are dying to know what you meant with #leadership

I'm guessing he's praising Reich for being fully vaccinated, still getting tested, and quarantining after the test results. I also think he missed the post with this tweet in it:

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This tweet is spot on. We can't assume anything based on whether someone wears a mask or not. Same goes for speculating whether Wentz or Hurts is vaccinated based on generalizations drawn upon their demographic.

4 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

This tweet is spot on. We can't assume anything based on whether someone wears a mask or not. Same goes for speculating whether Wentz or Hurts is vaccinated based on generalizations drawn upon their demographic.

Hurts don’t need no vaccine, he got dat swag yo

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

he got dat swag yo

Oh god, Shocker's been here this whole time!

Is Wentz vaccinated? I won't assume he is:

If he is vaccinated, why won't he convince his teammates to get it?

Wentz contracting COVID midseason, missing several games, resulting in the Colts giving up a 2nd Round pick instead of a First.... would be the most Eagles thing to happen, ever.

1 minute ago, toolg said:

Wentz contracting COVID midseason, missing several games, resulting in the Colts giving up a 2nd Round pick instead of a First.... would be the most Eagles thing to happen, ever.

I believe the answer is in the quote... "its a personal decision". 

Personally, I won't tell others to get the vaccine or not to get the vaccine.  That's not my job.  I got it.  But I respect the right of others to choose not to.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I believe the answer is in the quote... "its a personal decision". 

Personally, I won't tell others to get the vaccine or not to get the vaccine.  That's not my job.  I got it.  But I respect the right of others to choose not to.

NFL came out pretty clear on this - If there is an outbreak among unvaccinated players and games are cancelled, games will be forfeited and players aren't getting paid.  As a leader on the team, I'd say: look at me, I'm vaccinated, I'm ready to play, and encourage everybody on the team to get the vaccinated. If you don't get it, you aren't seriously trying to win. But maybe that's just me, idk.

2 minutes ago, toolg said:

NFL came out pretty clear on this - If there is an outbreak among unvaccinated players and games are cancelled, games will be forfeited and players aren't getting paid.  As a leader on the team, I'd say: look at me, I'm vaccinated, I'm ready to play, and encourage everybody on the team to get the vaccinated. If you don't get it, you aren't seriously trying to win. But maybe that's just me, idk.

It's a choice.  And everyone gets to make the choice for themselves.  I have been told by my employer that 'disciplinary actions' would be taken if an unvaccinated person causes any kind of massive quarantine situation.  But, they have not, nor can they at this time mandate us to be vaccinated.  I am, but I will not force it on someone else, nor will I treat them like second class citizens if they choose NOT to get vaccinated.   And for him to say, "its a personal decision", he validates both those that did and those that did not.  Sure... they could put pressure on those that don't, but is that helpful in trying to bring the team together?  Is that seriously trying to win, or does that just divide a locker room?

When you listen to the entire quote, I take it is that he does not want to make himself better than others for being vaccinated as it is a personal decision.  First thing he says " The Covid situation is real "

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's a choice.  And everyone gets to make the choice for themselves.  I have been told by my employer that 'disciplinary actions' would be taken if an unvaccinated person causes any kind of massive quarantine situation.  But, they have not, nor can they at this time mandate us to be vaccinated.  I am, but I will not force it on someone else, nor will I treat them like second class citizens if they choose NOT to get vaccinated.   And for him to say, "its a personal decision", he validates both those that did and those that did not.  Sure... they could put pressure on those that don't, but is that helpful in trying to bring the team together?  Is that seriously trying to win, or does that just divide a locker room?

You can respect others personal choices, while in public endorsing those who are getting vaccinated. In the locker room I would make it known support my teammates no matter what. Respect goes both ways, teammates should respect my public opinions too... It seems like a trivial issue to divide a team, to me.

1 minute ago, toolg said:

You can respect others personal choices, while in public endorsing those who are getting vaccinated. In the locker room I would make it known support my teammates no matter what. Respect goes both ways, teammates should respect my public opinions too... It seems like a trivial issue to divide a team, to me.

Hmmm... I think he DID endorse those who got vaccinated.  They exercised their personal choice.   

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Hmmm... I think he DID endorse those who got vaccinated.  They exercised their personal choice.   

And acknoledged " The COVID situation is real "

On 7/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, EazyEaglez said:

That he’s a man of faith, a bit stubborn, generally conservative, and a huge advocate of guns.

Every single one of those things apply to me. I'm vaccinated. They also apply to everyone in my immediate family, and they're all vaccinated. 

He may or may not be, but those things don't mean that he isn't. 

One thing this situation has exposed is the thirst to virtue signal is real. People both in and out of the media will unprofessionally run with that quote as "evidence" he wasn't vaccinated, when the reality is no one knows. Just because people are foaming at the mouth to show the world how "on board" they are for internet clout. It's embarrassing.

It's the organization's business whether or not a guy is vaccinated. The media? They can ask, but no player has the obligation to tell anyone if they don't feel like it. If it were me, I'd not tell the media just to F with them even if I was vaccinated. If nothing else, it would expose those reporting in good faith, and those who would jump to conclusions and start trashing out of pure assumptions.

5 hours ago, toolg said:

He's always been pretty private about things

You can be vaccinated and wear a mask and not wish to tell people you're vaccinated

That does actually happen lol

Archived