Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JohnSnowsHair

January 6th Commission

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

The difference is there were honest reasons to investigate Trump and Russia. Let's not forget -- Mueller was only appointed because Trump went on TV and admitted to firing Comey for investigating his ties to Russia. There was plenty of contact between Russian assets and members of the Trump team (Manafort, Trump Jr., etc.). While Mueller found no firm evidence of collusion (because no one on team Trump is intelligent enough to pull it off), he didn't clear Trump either (and found plenty of obstruction of justice). The truth is Trump brought most of that on himself by being a moron. This idea that the Mueller investigation was some witch hunt is just high comedy -- Rosenstein only appointed Mueller because Trump gave him no choice after that interview with Lester Holt.

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/going-blindly-into-the-deal-picture-id522058865?b=1&k=20&m=522058865&s=170667a&w=0&h=3asiVylWXVX8Ke_Pf8wSvcE97QSL2WJimuz-E2mTqEI=

Mention Russia and this is the reaction of over half the GOP. The fact that their people TRIED to collude is meaningless to them.

These same people think Russia are the good guys. Our Intelligence services are bad, but Putin and the Soviet spies are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paco said:

Lets be fair, the "other side" was throwing a temper tantrum over RUSSIAN COLLUSION!!!!!! for 3 or so years.

 

Both sides queef to the point I'm pretty sure its some twisted contest now as to who can expel air the loudest.  Or be the most silent when the microscope is on them.

both sides queef, but I don't really think that there was a 3 year temper tantrum over Russia. There was attention paid to be sure, but contrast this with Benghazi which resulted in 10 investigations. But it's not like there was nothing to investigate - Mueller was appointed by a Republican DOJ for a reason.

And despite the whitewashing by Barr and others that continues to this day, the Mueller report outlined a LOT of misconduct by members of Trump's campaign with regards to Russia, as well as enough evidence to prosecute anyone who isn't the president with obstruction of justice. The only real conclusion the report came to on Russia was "the inability to establish a conspiracy", which they then laid out reasons for - mostly that key figures were not made available to the investigative team. 

 

edit: vikas outlined a better response than mine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

I mean, this really isn't like trying to unravel the Da Vinci Code. Trump supporters had these fake electors sent to the National Archives to try and create the appearance of confusion on the state returns. Per the Eastman memo, Pence would then use this as pretext to reject the electors from these states and send it back to the state legislatures. Those legislatures would back the Trump electors, thereby making Trump President. 

Of course this goes to the top. It was all part of the same plan. Basically...Mike Pence saved the Republic.

Pompeo literally said the quiet part out loud when he said "Trump's second term" a week after the election was called for Biden. It should've been obvious right at that moment what they were planning to do all along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

both sides queef, but I don't really think that there was a 3 year temper tantrum over Russia. There was attention paid to be sure, but contrast this with Benghazi which resulted in 10 investigations. But it's not like there was nothing to investigate - Mueller was appointed by a Republican DOJ for a reason.

And despite the whitewashing by Barr and others that continues to this day, the Mueller report outlined a LOT of misconduct by members of Trump's campaign with regards to Russia, as well as enough evidence to prosecute anyone who isn't the president with obstruction of justice. The only real conclusion the report came to on Russia was "the inability to establish a conspiracy", which they then laid out reasons for - mostly that key figures were not made available to the investigative team. 

 

edit: vikas outlined a better response than mine.

:roll: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paco said:

Lets be fair, the "other side" was throwing a temper tantrum over RUSSIAN COLLUSION!!!!!! for 3 or so years.

 

Both sides queef to the point I'm pretty sure its some twisted contest now as to who can expel air the loudest.  Or be the most silent when the microscope is on them.

 

Edit: Exhibit A:

 

  

He literally said hearings :roll: 

Yikes. Always cringey to see you guys try to "both sides" Jan 6th or the attempts from the Trump/GOP to blatantly subvert democracy of the highest order as if there's any sort of equivalent to either of those things.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vikas83 said:

The difference is there were honest reasons to investigate Trump and Russia. Let's not forget -- Mueller was only appointed because Trump went on TV and admitted to firing Comey for investigating his ties to Russia. There was plenty of contact between Russian assets and members of the Trump team (Manafort, Trump Jr., etc.). While Mueller found no firm evidence of collusion (because no one on team Trump is intelligent enough to pull it off), he didn't clear Trump either (and found plenty of obstruction of justice). The truth is Trump brought most of that on himself by being a moron. This idea that the Mueller investigation was some witch hunt is just high comedy -- Rosenstein only appointed Mueller because Trump gave him no choice after that interview with Lester Holt.

No arguments here.

 

I was commenting on how they got "years out of Bengazi".  Well, the Democrats got years out of Russia.  That was the point.  I get this is CVON but no need to split hairs over that point 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

both sides queef, but I don't really think that there was a 3 year temper tantrum over Russia. There was attention paid to be sure, but contrast this with Benghazi which resulted in 10 investigations. But it's not like there was nothing to investigate - Mueller was appointed by a Republican DOJ for a reason.

And despite the whitewashing by Barr and others that continues to this day, the Mueller report outlined a LOT of misconduct by members of Trump's campaign with regards to Russia, as well as enough evidence to prosecute anyone who isn't the president with obstruction of justice. The only real conclusion the report came to on Russia was "the inability to establish a conspiracy", which they then laid out reasons for - mostly that key figures were not made available to the investigative team. 

 

edit: vikas outlined a better response than mine.

The queefs about Russia started before he got elected.  Sure they were cute little queefs because everyone was sure Hillary was a shoe in, but it was there.  The Mueller testimony was what, late in July of 2019 right?  I'd say 3 years is roughly accurate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, paco said:

No arguments here.

 

I was commenting on how they got "years out of Bengazi".  Well, the Democrats got years out of Russia.  That was the point.  I get this is CVON but no need to split hairs over that point 🙂

I guess. I think the queefing over Benghazi was a helluva lot louder and tangible than over Russia collusion, but tbf much of my politically engaged extended family are Trumplicans who complain nonstop about Democrats. So maybe my view is skewed there because I just encounter more right wingnuts than left wingnuts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't then candidate trump ask russia to "find hillary's emails" or something like that?  :roll:  gee, i wonder why it became a news story.  :lol:   

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 indictments, 7 guilty pleas and 5 people sentenced to prison time is more than a cute little queef…

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

didn't then candidate trump ask russia to "find hillary's emails" or something like that?  :roll:  gee, i wonder why it became a news story.  :lol:   

 

Yeah, but they didn't buy any, so it is all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paco said:

That was in no way an effort to minimize the BS on 1/6.  Hell, as it was going down @Paul852 was whining because I said that the broad who got shot trying to break in got what she deserved.

Damn bro, you ever going to let that go?

And in all fairness, at the time nobody knew if she was a bystander or involved. I did apologize to you and there's nothing but love on my end. :wub:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big LOL at people trying to defend what the Republican party has become though. Just own it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Paul852 said:

Damn bro, you ever going to let that go?

And in all fairness, at the time nobody knew if she was a bystander or involved. I did apologize to you and there's nothing but love on my end. :wub:

There were NO BYSTANDERS. Only foaming at the mouth ravenous murderous terrorists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

There were NO BYSTANDERS. Only foaming at the mouth ravenous murderous terrorists. 

Yeah, well we know that now. Good riddance to all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul852 said:

Yeah, well we know that now. Good riddance to all of them.

I agree. Public firing squad for them all after a day or two in the stockades so we can all throw ish at them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I agree. Public firing squad for them all after a day or two in the stockades so we can all throw ish at them. 

Amen! Best way to deal with traitors.

God bless America :usa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Paul852 said:

Damn bro, you ever going to let that go?

And in all fairness, at the time nobody knew if she was a bystander or involved. I did apologize to you and there's nothing but love on my end. :wub:

:wub: 

 

And I knew.  I knew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paco said:

:wub: 

 

And I knew.  I knew.

Trust me, I have learned to never doubt you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I agree. Public firing squad for them all after a day or two in the stockades so we can all throw ish at them. 

Yes. Traitors should die a traitors death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yes. Traitors should die a traitors death.

Cool. As long as we also line up anyone who tries to burn down courthouses, etc. as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...