Giants off to a good start

NOTW

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

With Mailata, Dickerson and Driscoll the Eagles have already rebuilt the OLine.  Lane is only 31.  Goedert & Smith are centerpieces.  The defense needs young studs so that's where they have to spend those picks.  

I was gonna say lol, those 3 are good plus we have 3 1’s

16 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I was gonna say lol, those 3 are good plus we have 3 1’s

Giants have been building the line for 4 yrs and only have Will Hernandez to show for it.  I still believe in him to turn it around but he's sub -60 on PFF.

18 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

With Mailata, Dickerson and Driscoll the Eagles have already rebuilt the OLine.  Lane is only 31.  Goedert & Smith are centerpieces.  The defense needs young studs so that's where they have to spend those picks.  

I’d like the Giants to draft the gigantic OL from Alabama and the center from Iowa if they’re available. Pick up a vet interior OL and see what happens. The problem for the Giants and the rest of the division is that Cowboys appear to have assembled a very talented roster. They have a multi year head start on everyone. 

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

Giants have been building the line for 4 yrs and only have Will Hernandez to show for it.  I still believe in him to turn it around but he's sub -60 on PFF.

I think you mean Thomas, who is going to be a very good LT. Hernandez is terrible and gone after this year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From a non-football forum:

A guy walks into a bar and the Giants game is on the TV over the bar. The guy takes a seat on a stool by the bar and takes a frog out of his pocket and sits it on the bar. The frog turns so it can see the game. After a while the Giants kick a field goal. Suddenly the frog jumps up and down does a couple of back flips and then sits back down watching the game. Some time later the Giants kick another field goal and the frog jumps up and down, does a couple of back flips and once again sits down watching the game. Curious, the bar tender walks over and comments. "That's quite a frog you have there mister, I see he gets excited when ever the Giants kick a field goal. What does he do if they score a touch down."

The guy answers:
I don't know I've only had him for four years.!

• Haha 3

I think some Giants fans are a bit delusional about the complete lack of talent on their roster. For a team that has drafted so high for pretty much a decade, they are are really far behind the entire division.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:13 AM, Boogyman said:

I think some Giants fans are a bit delusional about the complete lack of talent on their roster. For a team that has drafted so high for pretty much a decade, they are are really far behind the entire division.

You just wasted a playoff spot anyway, nice beating by the BUCS!!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Yes. We did make the playoffs. Very observant of you.

Don't worry, next season is your year!

2 hours ago, GA4M said:

Remind us again how many games the Giants won this season…..

On 1/14/2022 at 8:13 AM, Boogyman said:

The Eagles are terrible. They made the playoffs based on scheduling luck (playing a bunch of third string QBs and injured teams). They’re right there with the Giants and WFT in terms of roster talent. Dallas is a few steps ahead, but hey look, they suck too! One and done just like the Eagles (at least they put up a fight). A competent GM can turn this around quickly. 

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

All our wins are against bad teams / bad QBs as well. Record / playoffs bit of a fools gold in terms of how good we actually were. Running game was great but defence and QB are major question marks heading into next year. Remember our wins were: WAS x 2, NYG, NO, ATL, CAR, DET, NYJ, DEN. 8 of those 9 wins vs teams picking in top-11 next year. Only one that isnt is NO and we faced their 3rd sting QB (In games started by Winston / Hill they were 9-3.  Siemian was 0-4 as starter but he did have some nice relief appearances) 

This guy summed it up. 

10 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Remind us again how many games the Giants won this season…..

You can google that from the couch where you'll not be watching your team advance. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Eagles are terrible. They made the playoffs based on scheduling luck (playing a bunch of third string QBs and injured teams). They’re right there with the Giants and WFT in terms of roster talent. Dallas is a few steps ahead, but hey look, they suck too! One and done just like the Eagles (at least they put up a fight). A competent GM can turn this around quickly. 

Not even close. And I'm not even saying that because I think the Eagles have loads of talent. I just think you are just underestimating how stripped bare your own team is.  I mean you yourself can't help but bring up our team in a thread about the Giants lol. 

3 hours ago, GA4M said:

But the Eagles...

Yeah it must suck for you to have to watch us on TV since you never get to see your team play this time of year.

18 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Not even close. And I'm not even saying that because I think the Eagles have loads of talent. I just think you are just underestimating how stripped bare your own team is.  I mean you yourself can't help but bring up our team in a thread about the Giants lol. 

Not only is it close, I actually think the Giants might have more pieces to build around. Our secondary is better, our DLs are prob equal, with Martinez healthy I like our LBers better. I like our skill players better (if Barkley bounces back 2 years removed from the injury then our skill players are MUCH better), and I still think Jones is better than Hurts. All of those matchups are close. Where the Eagles have a huge advantage is on the OL. In fact, aside from that OL and a slightly above average TE, I can’t think of any other top flight talent on the Eagles. If we get the OL fixed (big if, I get it) we’ll be 3-4 games ahead of you next season. Easily. 

Obviously the Eagles are included in every conversation. This is your board. Also, pretty ironic of you to make that comment. You spend most of your time here talking about the Giants! 

22 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah it must suck for you to have to watch us on TV since you never get to see your team play this time of year.

Dude, you guys got the 1PM Sunday slot for a reason. No one watched that game. 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Not only is it close, I actually think the Giants might have more pieces to build around. Our secondary is better, our DLs are prob equal, with Martinez healthy I like our LBers better. I like our skill players better (if Barkley bounces back 2 years removed from the injury then our skill players are MUCH better), and I still think Jones is better than Hurts. All of those matchups are close. Where the Eagles have a huge advantage is on the OL. In fact, aside from that OL and a slightly above average TE, I can’t think of any other top flight talent on the Eagles. If we get the OL fixed (big if, I get it) we’ll be 3-4 games ahead of you next season. Easily. 

Obviously the Eagles are included in every conversation. This is your board. Also, pretty ironic of you to make that comment. You spend most of your time here talking about the Giants! 

Dude, you guys got the 1PM Sunday slot for a reason. No one watched that game. 😂

Here? Yes I do. It's the around the NFL part of the board. I live in NJ. I think we went over this before.

I watched it. Nothing like drinking beer, eating wings and watching your own team play instead of having to watch someone elses.

As for "top flight talent", you guys have none. Zero. There is not even a single thing you guys do even average. Nothing. Our entire defense is a lot better than yours. It's not even close to be honest. With the couple skill position places where maybe you could say you had an edge, they are always hurt. All of them. If I were you I would just get used to either watching rival teams play in January at 1 o'clock on a Sunday or just get a new hobby.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Two things. First, this WAS an excellent start to camp. Shows team members have each others back (including our QB who was in the middle of it). They all laughed about it after practice. Check out Logan Ryan's Twitter. 

Second, Judge is the best coach in the division, by a large margin. The players love him and Giants will be a very difficult team to play against this season. Watch...

I mean come on. It's fairly obvious you have a very hard time being realistic about this.

14 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Here? Yes I do. It's the around the NFL part of the board. I live in NJ. I think we went over this before.

I watched it. Nothing like drinking beer, eating wings and watching your own team play instead of having to watch someone elses.

As for "top flight talent", you guys have none. Zero. There is not even a single thing you guys do even average. Nothing. Our entire defense is a lot better than yours. It's not even close to be honest. With the couple skill position places where maybe you could say you had an edge, they are always hurt. All of them. If I were you I would just get used to either watching rival teams play in January at 1 o'clock on a Sunday or just get a new hobby.

You spend more time in ATNLF talking about the Giants than you do in TATE. A bunch of you guys do, which is great and why I spend time here. 

Who on your defense is good? I think you’re underestimating how the schedule broke in your favor the second half of the season. Aside from injured opponents, your SOS was .469 (third easiest). The Giants SOS was .536 (second most difficult). That said, I’m not arguing the Giants are a good team, I’m arguing the Eagles are pretty much in the same boat. I do like our LT, secondary, skill players and DL. But if you have a bad OL the entire team goes to crap. That’s been proven. 

I’m ok watching rivals in the playoffs if they’re going to embarrass themselves. 

25 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I mean come on. It's fairly obvious you have a very hard time being realistic about this.

I feel for Judge. He deserved to be fired, but he was dealt a terrible hand. I expected him to be around for a while. I was wrong on that one. 

18 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You spend more time in ATNLF talking about the Giants than you do in TATE. A bunch of you guys do, which is great and why I spend time here. 

Who on your defense is good? I think you’re underestimating how the schedule broke in your favor the second half of the season. Aside from injured opponents, your SOS was .469 (third easiest). The Giants SOS was .536 (second most difficult). That said, I’m not arguing the Giants are a good team, I’m arguing the Eagles are pretty much in the same boat. I do like our LT, secondary, skill players and DL. But if you have a bad OL the entire team goes to crap. That’s been proven. 

I’m ok watching rivals in the playoffs if they’re going to embarrass themselves. 

I rarely post in TATE except for the game thread here and there. Yeah last place schedule I know. I called the league office and asked them to change it, but they never got back to me.

Our defense was actually 10th overall (that's not a boast, just a fact). I think you guys were right near the bottom, must have been the schedule I guess. Our interior D line is quite good. Sweat came on this season and hopefully can be a decent edge rusher. We do need to add at edge though. Slay is probably the best defensive player on either team. We did a decent job building the Oline back after it fell apart post superbowl.

And I don't see anything embarrassing about making the playoffs as the last seed and losing to a team a lot better in pretty much every area. It's not like we quit a game and ran qb sneaks on 2nd and 3rd down when we needed 8 or 9 yards. Now that as a fan would be embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah last place schedule I know. I called the league office and asked them to change it, but they never got back to me.

Our defense was actually 10th overall (that's not a boast, just a fact). I think you guys were right near the bottom, must have been the schedule I guess. Our interior D line is quite good. Sweat came on this season and hopefully can be a decent edge rusher. We do need to add at edge though. Slay is probably the best defensive player on either team. We did a decent job building the Oline back after it fell apart post superbowl.

And I don't see anything embarrassing about making the playoffs as the last seed and losing to a team a lot better in pretty much every area. It's not like we quit a game and ran qb sneaks on 2nd and 3rd down when we needed 8 or 9 yards. Now that as a fan would be embarrassing.

Last place schedule combined with injury luck is the only reason you guys made the playoffs. Slay and Bradberry are similar. I think McKinney is the Giants best defender. You guys don’t have anyone like him. We need another pass rusher as well. But whatever, the Giants are bad and so are the Eagles. Don’t let the playoff birth fool you. Remember when both teams were relatively healthy we won. 

Judge certainly embarrassed himself at the end of the season. That’s why he’s gone. 

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Last place schedule combined with injury luck is the only reason you guys made the playoffs. Slay and Bradberry are similar. I think McKinney is the Giants best defender. You guys don’t have anyone like him. We need another pass rusher as well. But whatever, the Giants are bad and so are the Eagles. Don’t let the playoff birth fool you. Remember when both teams were relatively healthy we won. 

Judge certainly embarrassed himself at the end of the season. That’s why he’s gone. 

You are the worst team in the league over the last 5 years. This year was the worst season in your teams history. Again, it's obvious you are an optimist about this stuff but there is no reason to think the Giants will even be average anytime soon. 

9 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

You are the worst team in the league over the last 5 years. This year was the worst season in your teams history. Again, it's obvious you are an optimist about this stuff but there is no reason to think the Giants will even be average anytime soon. 

Very true. The only reason I see hope is because of the division we play in. 

22 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Very true. The only reason I see hope is because of the division we play in. 

You mean the same division you have been in for the same 5 years? Don't see how that makes any difference but good luck.