Giants off to a good start

NOTW

6 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah I know, you prefer watching other teams play in the playoffs instead of your own. Weird, but at least you pretty much always get what you want.

Of course not, but playoff births (especially one and done) are basically forgotten by the start of the next season. They’re even more meaningless when the team doesn’t build on them. You’ll see next year when the Eagles aren’t quite as lucky and they’re back to last place. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Barkley was an awful pick, but I’m sure Eagles fans should be bragging about draft success. You guys suck in the draft. You won a SB because of savvy FA signings. The Wentz pick is an even bigger screw up because of the trade up. 

The trade up was pretty cheap though because after we got him we traded Bradford for a 1st round pick. Oh and we won a ring with him having an MVP type season (yes, Nick won in the playoffs). Who knows if Foles pulls it off without homefield.

There is no way Wentz was a worse pick than Barkley. You are delusional.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

The trade up was pretty cheap though because after we got him we traded Bradford for a 1st round pick. Oh and we won a ring with him having an MVP type season (yes, Nick won in the playoffs). Who knows if Foles pulls it off without homefield.

There is no way Wentz was a worse pick than Barkley. You are delusional.

No Barkley was a much worse pick (my post was worded awkwardly), but if Wentz is the starter in the playoffs you guys are still ringless. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

No Barkley was a much worse pick, but if Wentz is the starter in the playoffs you guys are still ringless. 

Nope, he would have won easy. Probably would have scored 50 or 60 points. Maybe more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Correct. 

That’s why he’s gone. Your GM is constantly in the crosshairs but he remains. 

As opposed to your peach of a GM, Gettleman.  We'll see if Schoen has a good eye for talent or not.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:14 PM, toolg said:

Amazing that you would admit that and stick to it. The Parcells/Simms/LT Giants were a force back in those days. The heyday of NFC East, when the Giants, Washington, and Cowboys won  back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls (not the Eagles). Part of my extended family is from North Jersey/Giants fans and they sure let me know about it.

Although the Eagles never won a championship they were solid for a while going 10-6 or 11-5 every year from 88 to 92. In 1991 they probably would have made it to the NFC title game had Randall not got hurt. They owned the Giants back then until that bad rough patch from 1997-2000. Most of my lifetime the Eagles have faired well head to head with the Giants who I despise. 

5 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Nope, he would have won easy. Probably would have scored 50 or 60 points. Maybe more.

You know, I know and everyone else in the world knows that’s not true. 

24 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You know, I know and everyone else in the world knows that’s not true. 

Oh. I though we were just making baseless claims and what ifs about events that already happened.

14 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

I love it. May it never change.

Looking at the level of talent on that team, it doesn't look like it can change anytime soon.  

I don't know what they have to build from, it's like an expansion team right now.

They've got a good young WR and a RB that has a couple partial good seasons in him.

3 hours ago, Vee said:

Looking at the level of talent on that team, it doesn't look like it can change anytime soon.  

I don't know what they have to build from, it's like an expansion team right now.

They've got a good young WR and a RB that has a couple partial good seasons in him.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

21 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

No Barkley was a much worse pick (my post was worded awkwardly), but if Wentz is the starter in the playoffs you guys are still ringless. 

Giants would still be ringless if man never stepped foot on the moon ya know.

22 hours ago, Vee said:

On offense we have a good, young LT (Thomas), 3 good WRs (Golladay, Toney, Shepard) and hopefully Barkley bounces back 2 years removed from the injury. On Defense we have two good DL (Williams, Lawrence), a very solid MLB (Martinez) a potential star at one EDGE spot (Ojulari), and a really good secondary (Bradberry, Jackson, McKinney, Ryan and maybe Peppers). We also have a really good kicker (Gano). He gets lots of opportunities, trust me.

I like the GM and coach hirings as well. Everything (offense and defense) hinges on the GMs ability to rebuild the OL. Having the 5th and 7th pick helps. 

The best thing of all, we have the Eagles in the division, who probably have half the talent and will bottom out next season when they’re not playing 3rd string QBs every week. Things are looking up. 

On paper the Giants are making good moves, first Schoein at GM and now Daboll at HC. After cycling through McAdoo, Shurmur, and Judge, they finally have someone who should last more than 2 seasons with as the HC. 

Daboll was a popular choice here on the EMB among the different available candidates before he decided he didn't want to work with Howie and the Eagles ultimately went with Sirianni.

Eagles-Giants rivalry should be a lot more interesting now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

On paper the Giants are making good moves, first Schoein at GM and now Daboll at HC. After cycling through McAdoo, Shurmur, and Judge, they finally have someone who should last more than 2 seasons with as the HC. 

And with 3 first round picks is it? Or maybe it is 2. Yeah that's a team that potentially are making good moves for a change. 

A few things I’d like to see happen:

Hire Ken Dorsey as OC. Graham gets the Vikings HC job, we get two more third round picks. Hire a DC that is more aggressive than Graham. 

20 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

On offense we have a good, young LT (Thomas), 3 good WRs (Golladay, Toney, Shepard) and hopefully Barkley bounces back 2 years removed from the injury. On Defense we have two good DL (Williams, Lawrence), a very solid MLB (Martinez) a potential star at one EDGE spot (Ojulari), and a really good secondary (Bradberry, Jackson, McKinney, Ryan and maybe Peppers). We also have a really good kicker (Gano). He gets lots of opportunities, trust me.

I like the GM and coach hirings as well. Everything (offense and defense) hinges on the GMs ability to rebuild the OL. Having the 5th and 7th pick helps. 

The best thing of all, we have the Eagles in the division, who probably have half the talent and will bottom out next season when they’re not playing 3rd string QBs every week. Things are looking up. 

I feel like I read a post from you like this every single year lol. On the bright side, eventually you will be right simply do to chance.

21 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Things are looking up. 

When you're at rockbottom, there really is only one way to look.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

I feel like I read a post from you like this every single year lol. On the bright side, eventually you will be right simply do to chance.

Yea, it’s been forever since you guys were in last place. 

23 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yea, it’s been forever since you guys were in last place. 

It has been forever since we have been consistently terrible though.

46 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

It has been forever since we have been consistently terrible though.

You’re in it, right now. The Eagles are terrible.