Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon DE) -- DRAFTED BY N.Y. GIANTS #5

QBhunter58

Disclaimer... We would need to have a pretty rough for one of the teams whose picks we have. But I thought I would at least start the thread. BG wont be around much linger, and if we retain Sweat we will still need a guy on the other edge. Kayvon is a clear blue chipper and has been one since HS, so there is nothing new here. Elite athleticism off the edge, good against run and pass, will need to develop pass rush toolbox for the pros. Overall, this kid has it all. I am very excited to see what our beloved birds do in the first round next year, but a lot of that rests on Hurts (even though next year's QB class is weak).

23 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I'll be the first...Pac 12?! OH NOES!!!

Lol. It's funny people have been saying that because of Sidney Jones and probably Dillard now. Eagles have drafted quite a few good players out if the Pac-12

Ya the Eagles for whatever reason love scrubs from the PAC12 (coming from a PAC12 fan). This guy will not be a scrub. There are many guys coming out of the PAC12 next year that will be absolute studs.

defensive Line class is stacked in next years draft

I really hope we can get a stud edge rusher in next years draft. To add an elite edge rusher to this defense could possibly make it a top 5 defense.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude feasted in the backfield this week (9 tackles, 4.5 for a loss, and 2 sacks). It took a minute, but I think his ankle is back to feeling right

That Miami pick is the most realistic shot at him. He's going top-3 and nothing would make me happier at next year's draft than to have this kid be an Eagle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

That Miami pick is the most realistic shot at him. He's going top-3 and nothing would make me happier at next year's draft than to have this kid be an Eagle

I think he's going #1. I think he's the best player in this draft and it isn't really even close. Our hope is that Goff sucks so bad Detroit takes a QB and Miami get us the #2 spot. But even then I don't see Detroit passing.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he's going #1. I think he's the best player in this draft and it isn't really even close. Our hope is that Goff sucks so bad Detroit takes a QB and Miami get us the #2 spot. But even then I don't see Detroit passing.

Yeah that's the scenario. Detroit falls in love with Malik or Pickett and we have #2. Or Miami sucks so bad that we have the #1 as DET wins a few games somewhere along the way

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Yeah that's the scenario. Detroit falls in love with Malik or Pickett and we have #2. Or Miami sucks so bad that we have the #1 as DET wins a few games somewhere along the way

Until yesterday I would have said yeah Detroit probably win a couple of games. After yesterday though I'm not so sure. 

For what it’s worth which isn’t much fan duel posted a top 10 mock today and had the eagles taking Kayvon at 2 and stingley at 6. I don’t know about you guys but I would splooge in my pants if this actually came true.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

For what it’s worth which isn’t much fan duel posted a top 10 mock today and had the eagles taking Kayvon at 2 and stingley at 6. I don’t know about you guys but I would apology in my pants if this actually came true.

If that came true... I'd fly to Philly to party with all of you. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:34 PM, Milkman420 said:

For what it’s worth which isn’t much fan duel posted a top 10 mock today and had the eagles taking Kayvon at 2 and stingley at 6. I don’t know about you guys but I would splooge in my pants if this actually came true.

The only way I see us getting to #2 is if we traded up.  I don't think the Miami pick gets us there and our own certainly won't (neither will Indy's).  Miami is a bad team but I don't think they'll end up being bad enough to pick top 2.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Now we gotta make it happen

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll join from the other side of the world....but unfortunately I don't think Miami is bad enough to net us a top-3 pick which is the only way we get Kavyon.

The two Michigan DEs are probably more realistic targets

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt look that great against Utah at all.  Almost looked like he was playing not to get injured.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Godfather said:

His draft stock as declined a bit

I was watching his game against UCLA as I knew Sean Rhyan was good tackle prospect, and statistically KT had a great performance getting a sack off a TE and beating up on the RT (particularly late when UCLA had to pass) but he got beat consistently by Sean Rhyan. Mailata would dominate this guy - if he wasn’t moved around or given stunts, games to play… non-factor.

• 2 months later...

Has he had a bad enough showing at the combine (not working out, questions about his motivation) to be in play for us?

Together with the narrative that he takes some plays off in games.. This dude was supposed to be #1 overall for a while. He is talented. Maybe this is just what was needed to have us take a gamble on the man. Might be the highest upside we can get in the draft.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:15 AM, Infam said:

Has he had a bad enough showing at the combine (not working out, questions about his motivation) to be in play for us?

Together with the narrative that he takes some plays off in games.. This dude was supposed to be #1 overall for a while. He is talented. Maybe this is just what was needed to have us take a gamble on the man. Might be the highest upside we can get in the draft.

Was thinking this too.  Peter King stated that he talked to one GM and that GM described him as a "me guy".  Between that and all the things you just listed, it's quite possible he slides to within reasonable striking distance of a trade-up if we wanted him (10-13 range).  

That said, and with ghosts of Dion Jordan in my head, I'm questioning if I'd even want this guy.

• Like 1