Spencer Rattler (Oklahoma QB) -- TRANSFER TO SOUTH CAROLINA

Godfather

I don't think Hurts has what it takes. Rattler has a lot of Mahomes in him. He struggled early on but the 2nd half of the season he lit it up

No thank you. Can't say I've watched him a ton in college but I watched him on QB1 and didn't think he was very good at all. And on top of that he came across as a complete a hole.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:24 AM, Godfather said:

I don't think Hurts has what it takes. Rattler has a lot of Mahomes in him. He struggled early on but the 2nd half of the season he lit it up

I've decided that I won't begin looking at QBs until I see what Hurts is going to do, he may have his way with the league.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:31 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No thank you. Can't say I've watched him a ton in college but I watched him on QB1 and didn't think he was very good at all. And on top of that he came across as a complete a hole.

No doubt, he came across really bad in that show, but he was just a high school kid.

I give him a little bit of a pass for that, we've all been there in our teens.

Kid has a Grade A++ skill-set and has shown remarkable improvement, this year can really catapult him into #1 overall status.

• Like 1

I hope Hurts plays well enough to quiet the doubters and put an end to all these QB threads.  I'd much rather he EARN the right to be our starting QB for the immediate future and use those 2-3 first rd picks next year to fortify the roster with premiere talent at some key positions (DE, CB, etc.).  That would be huge.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Kid has a Grade A++ skill-set and has shown remarkable improvement, this year can really catapult him into #1 overall status.

Perhaps you rate him higher than me bud. I mean yeah sure the personality is one thing and yeah maybe he's matured. But I just don't see a kid with A++ talent to be honest. 

He's probably gonna be the number one pick so we really need to suck lol. 

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

I hope Hurts plays well enough to quiet the doubters and put an end to all these QB threads.  I'd much rather he EARN the right to be our starting QB for the immediate future and use those 2-3 first rd picks next year to fortify the roster with premiere talent at some key positions (DE, CB, etc.).  That would be huge.  

I'd love for him to pan out and use those first 4 picks on CB, DE, Oline, and probably BPA. I have my doubts

On 8/23/2021 at 4:13 PM, D-Shiznit said:

No doubt, he came across really bad in that show, but he was just a high school kid.

I give him a little bit of a pass for that, we've all been there in our teens.

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

He's probably gonna be the number one pick so we really need to suck lol. 

No doubt he's going number 1. I could care less about him being immature last season. We were all there at that age like @D-Shiznitsaid. I think he'll take that step and mature as a person off the field and continue to light it up on the field on the way to the 1st overall pick

On 8/24/2021 at 12:32 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Perhaps you rate him higher than me bud. I mean yeah sure the personality is one thing and yeah maybe he's matured. But I just don't see a kid with A++ talent to be honest. 

I don’t think anyone saw Mahomes as a A++ talent. Not saying he is going to be Mahomes but if you watch him in person you know he is special. Mechanics are near perfect, strong arm, accurate, quick release, mobile and is a student of the game. Only knock is his height, I guess. 

Don’t read into QB1 series. So many people got upset but that is how it is in a football locker room, on the practice field and in the game. To be honest, the stuff he said was like a 4/10 from what I usually hear on game day. QB1 needed a villain for viewership like they do every season and they chose him which is a BS move to on their part. QB1 are a bunch of scumbags for doing this to the Hs QBs. Glad they stopped

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, philafan4o8 said:

I don’t think anyone saw Mahomes as a A++ talent. Not saying he is going to be Mahomes but if you watch him in person you know he is special. Mechanics are near perfect, strong arm, accurate, quick release, mobile and is a student of the game. Only knock is his height, I guess. 

Don’t read into QB1 series. So many people got upset but that is how it is in a football locker room, on the practice field and in the game. To be honest, the stuff he said was like a 4/10 from what I usually hear on game day. QB1 needed a villain for viewership like they do every season and they chose him which is a BS move to on their part. QB1 are a bunch of scumbags for doing this to the Hs QBs. Glad they stopped

The knock on him is his immaturity. Anyone that hates on his talent doesn't watch college football. Dude is a stud

6 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Meh... I need to see more. None of the QBs next year really do much for me. 

Agreed. They may be good QBs. Rattler may be a decent QB but I just don't see any of them being elite. I could be wrong but that's just where I'm at. 

I remember when people had dedicated thread to Josh Allen being a huge bust. Some of you are in here... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I remember when people had dedicated thread to Josh Allen being a huge bust. Some of you are in here... 

I didn't start the thread, I'm not sure that I contributed a lot to the thread but I'll put my hands up and say I thought he was going to be a bust.

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was a big Josh Allen guy, but I am undecided on Rattler

I mean look... There will be plenty of QBs who come out of college that people love. There will be plenty of QBs that people think will be bad in the NFL. Experts and analysts will go in deep about all of the top young QBs every year. And some will be right and some will be wrong. I don't think Rattler will be good but I could very well be wrong. 

8 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

I was a big Josh Allen guy, but I am undecided on Rattler

I love Josh Allen I was not really either way about him but I was hoping he would shut people up and he did. Lol

Worth a look if they decide they need to upgrade. In an ideal world, though, Hurts would just ball out and prove he’s the guy going forward. Would be incredible for the future of the franchise if he is the guy, and they get three 1st rounders next year to build the team around him. 

He looked good last week even though Oklahoma's defense almost lost them the game

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

He looked good last week even though Oklahoma's defense almost lost them the game

I’m a big fan of his but he didn’t look good. He had 2 ints and should have had a 3rd at the end of the game to give Tulsa a chance to win but a horrible call by ref saved him. He will get better and get back to form

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I’m a big fan of his but he didn’t look good. He had 2 ints and should have had a 3rd at the end of the game to give Tulsa a chance to win but a horrible call by ref saved him. He will get better and get back to form

I mean I'm not a fan of his and I'm yet to be convinced but... Every QB has a game or even games like that. Like you say he'll grow and learn from it. 

On 9/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I'm not a fan of his and I'm yet to be convinced but... Every QB has a game or even games like that. Like you say he'll grow and learn from it. 

Let' give Hurts a chance. He was drafted higher than Dak(and he's doing pretty good)

On 9/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Let' give Hurts a chance. He was drafted higher than Dak(and he's doing pretty good)

Hey bud you know me. You know I like Hurts so I'm not writing him off. I'm glad they are going to take a look at him this year. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:59 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Early int in that first quarter was a forced throw. He had 2 over throws that I saw in the first half but really settled down after