Spencer Rattler (Oklahoma QB) -- TRANSFER TO SOUTH CAROLINA

Godfather

On 10/14/2021 at 5:43 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think going to the draft given how his year has been so far would be a good move though? Like you say he's talented so I think he needs to move schools and get things back on track. Right now I'm not sure a team is taking him early in the first. 

I don't think he is going to the draft ether.  He should head to another school and show what he's got.  It can't hurt and he will get premium opportunities.  Essentially, he is pulling a Jalen Hurts move, but with way more talent to market.  He will be highly sought after.

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't think he is going to the draft ether.  He should head to another school and show what he's got.  It can't hurt and he will get premium opportunities.  Essentially, he is pulling a Jalen Hurts move, but with way more talent to market.  He will be highly sought after.

I mean yeah he was touted as a future first rounder whereas I'm not sure Hurts ever was? But I'm not sure I'd say he has way more talent. But yeah I mean at this point he'd be stupid to enter the NFL. 

59 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah he was touted as a future first rounder whereas I'm not sure Hurts ever was? But I'm not sure I'd say he has way more talent. But yeah I mean at this point he'd be stupid to enter the NFL. 

It won't be this year, but my prediction remains that he is a high 1st round talent.  This topic will be fun to revisit someday, once we see him drafted. 

9 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It won't be this year, but my prediction remains that he is a high 1st round talent.  This topic will be fun to revisit someday, once we see him drafted. 

Oh I think when he enters the draft he'll be a first round pick. If he enters this year it'll be because he and his team believe he'll still be a #1 round pick. 

I like QB from Liberty better (not like #1 overall or anything). Like a J.Hurts skillset, but he can really flick it. Not sure if that’s worth the upgrade, or we just keep rolling to 2023.

58 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I like QB from Liberty better (not like #1 overall or anything). Like a J.Hurts skillset, but he can really flick it. Not sure if that’s worth the upgrade, or we just keep rolling to 2023.

Jalen Hurts skill set?  Not interested.

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Jalen Hurts skill set?  Not interested.

Well, if JH was hitting these deep routes and intermediate outs. You might have something to work with.

Ill repeat, don't draft any QB in this draft in the first 2 rounds. None of them are worth a top two round pick. 

• Like 2

I think we will also be a first rounder when he comes out. Talent is there without question. Off year plus Lincoln Riley looks like he is more comfortable calling plays with an more explosive athlete at QB. Murray, Hurts and now Williams. Spencer is a pro style QB. Not to mention, looks like Riley is calling a lot more designed runs now that Rattler is out which is something he could have done to help him out a little. 

if I’m Spencer, my first choice is to go to LSU pending the new HC. Second option would probably be Michigan (Harbaugh recruited him very tough), and lastly I would say USC pending HC. Under no circumstance, should he play for either of the dumpster fire schools in Arizona

Don't think USC would be an option, that Dart kid is for real. He would have taken Slovis' job if it weren't for that injury.

Rattler needs to hit the transfer portal, not the draft.  Personally, I'd be happy getting a veteran if Hurts can't be a bridge (or Minshew) and wait impatiently for Caleb. :lol:

On 10/14/2021 at 7:57 AM, Godfather said:

USC is another possibly. I think he ends up in the SEC. Only 2 schools outside of that are Clemson or USC imo

agreed