Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

58 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

So the doubles are going to Hargrave more than Fletch now....

Yup, can't remember what game it was, possibly chiefs and Cox had a season high amount of single blocks and he put up a doughnut in the stat sheet 

Cox isn't an impact player anymore, he's being paid like one as the highest paid player in the team but he's far past one, will be tough to trade him as well with how Howie has structured his contract.

I thought maybe Cox had a few more years in him as a top DT but looks like he's pretty much done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 38

Football Team 10

Minshew throws a TD to 4 different receivers

He has a better chance of throwing 4 int’s to 4 different defenders

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

He has thrown 11 in 25 career starts and has only thrown multiple interceptions in a game twice.  Not sure what logic you are using to come up with that nonsense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He has thrown 11 in 25 career starts and has only thrown multiple interceptions in a game twice.  Not sure what logic you are using to come up with that nonsense.

How many times he throw 4 td’s to 4 diff players in a game?  

i have to be honest.  I don’t see how he gets away with what he does with that arm.   Every pass looks like it’s about in the air forever.  

39td to 11int in Gardner's career. The guy takes care of the football. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robj80 said:

39td to 11int in Gardner's career. The guy takes care of the football. 

It’s impressive given his arm strength and velocity in his mid to deep ball.  

11 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

It’s impressive given his arm strength and velocity in his mid to deep ball.  

Didn't hurts throw 3 interceptions against the Giants back ups? Almost had 2 more too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wussbasket said:

Didn't hurts throw 3 interceptions against the Giants back ups? Almost had 2 more too.

He wasn’t good that’s for sure. 

Just now, SNOORDA said:

He wasn’t good that’s for sure. 

When was the last time Minshew threw 3 interceptions to 3 different players?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't know this was a contest

Also, lol Nick Mullens

The camp arm that was here to "compete" with Hurts?

35 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

No he doesn’t.  Neither are likely.  But stop. 

35 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

How many times he throw 4 td’s to 4 diff players in a game?  

i have to be honest.  I don’t see how he gets away with what he does with that arm.   Every pass looks like it’s about in the air forever.  

Yet he has a stronger arm than hurts so...

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yet he has a stronger arm than hurts so...

The depressing part is Hurts was measured at 54 throwing left and 51 throwing right ..... but he throws to the left as often as Halley's Comet comes around, so ...

He's a 51

Only Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson measured lower than 51 out of all starting QBs since 2008.  Jackson has been a more efficient and prolific passer than Hurts through his first two years in addition to being a more dynamic runner, and Watson is far more accurate -- 67.8% career compared to Hurts' 57.7%

With each week that Hurts sits out because of his ankle I think his grip on a starting QB job for next season becomes really slippery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The depressing part is Hurts was measured at 54 throwing left and 51 throwing right ..... but he throws to the left as often as Halley's Comet comes around, so ...

He's a 51

Only Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson measured lower than 51 out of all starting QBs since 2008.  Jackson has been a more efficient and prolific passer than Hurts through his first two years in addition to being a more dynamic runner, and Watson is far more accurate -- 67.8% career compared to Hurts' 57.7%

With each week that Hurts sits out because of his ankle I think his grip on a starting QB job for next season becomes really slippery.

I think his grip is already gone. I personally think he was benched. They are trying to keep as much trade value as possible while keeping these teams guessing on who will start at QB.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He's a 51

Which is all I need to know to completely disregard that stupid combine measurement 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Which is all I need to know to completely disregard that stupid combine measurement 

I've always thought Watson's was faulty -- he measured a crazy number like 44 or 45 .... but Jackson can't throw.  

Hurts doesn’t have the arm talent to be a good starter in the NFL.  He doesn’t have the field awareness and pre-snap acumen to make up for it.  Those will not improve with time.  His arm strength might be there.  But arm talent is more to do with spinning it and accuracy then actual strength.  Can he heave it?  Sure.  But can he zip it on a rope without jumping into it, when he needs to?  No. I said he was benched two weeks ago.  I guarantee you, if he was an established starter, he’d be playing.  And I guarantee you he didn’t have a high ankle sprain.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@LeanMeanGM

If trash is the starter:

Eagles 7

Redskins 10

Hurts completes 45% of his passes and throws a redzone int

If Uncle Rico starts: 

Eagles 28

Redskins 10

Minshew throws Smith 2 tds

And yea I said Redskins. F the cancel culture 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I think his grip is already gone. I personally think he was benched. They are trying to keep as much trade value as possible while keeping these teams guessing on who will start at QB.

Teams aren't usually cloak-and-dagger on benching QBs; I think Hurts likely has an ankle sprain, whether it's a high-ankle or otherwise.  

The bigger issue is Sirianni knows it's pointless playing him in cases of even slightly hindered mobility.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I've always thought Watson's was faulty -- he measured a crazy number like 44 or 45 .... but Jackson can't throw.  

Not saying he can throw but I’d say his arm is certainly stronger than Hurts 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is getting messy 

If anyone thinks the NFL had their testing protocols and vax/unvaxx rules in for the good of their players you're fooling yourself.  The NFL cares about 2 things.  Money and image.

• Like 2