Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

There it is, Eagles loss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

There was just a complete different feeling watching McNabb's early stages of his career.  You just knew he was going to blow up and be special.  I don't get that with Hurts at all.  He might show signs of growth but they aren't signs of being great....they are signs that he can get to his 2nd read.

I understand what you are saying, but I think we all suffer from a recency bias because of the Super Bowl win.  That has spoiled us to a certain extent … raised our expectations … and as a result we are inclined to rush to judgment.  I believe Hurts has his flaws but I’m willing to take a ride with him and see where it takes me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

With Josh Sweat, I don't see how we pressure Brady enough.

If there ever was a time for Gannon to channel his inner aggressive self in deploying his back seven, Sunday is that time.

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

If there ever was a time for Gannon to channel his inner aggressive self in deploying his back seven.

Agreed.

Corners will now play 8 yards off instead of 10.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Agreed.

Corners will now play 8 yards off instead of 10.

Whoa there big guy....

8.5 yards.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Going from Fulgham to Devonta would be like going from Singleton to Dean, just think of it like that and forget all about his apparent lack of size

Singelton has been a year long starter and has prototypical size at 6'2" 240

Fulgham had a stretch of about 5 games then nothin.

I don't think the difference between singleton and Dean is the same it comparable as the difference between fulgham and Smith.

Like I said I'm just not a fan of midget LBs, Smith may only weigh 165 pounds at WR but he has great length, long arms big hands.

Dean doesn't have that, he's short and he's not getting taller as he ages 

36 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There it is, Eagles loss

I'm not even going to watch now.

31 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I understand what you are saying, but I think we all suffer from a recency bias because of the Super Bowl win.  That has spoiled us to a certain extent … raised our expectations … and as a result we are inclined to rush to judgment.  I believe Hurts has his flaws but I’m willing to take a ride with him and see where it takes me.

Also McNabb benefitted from stepping into a team with an extremely legitimate defense. Made his mistakes not as prominent if he wasn't playing well.

I actually just decided to look up McNabb's 2000 stats and was surprised. Him and Hurts had roughly the same yardage passing and rushing and only 1 TD apart. Difference is McNabb threw the ball a ton. Only the first game of the season he had 29 attempts and everything else was 30+. He had almost 140 more pass attempts than Hurts.

Sometimes I feel like people look at him with rose colored glasses because of how good he ended up being. I know it's a different world now in terms of offense but it's interesting seeing the similarities.

• Like 1

image.png.3e73423f9d8db9431e349aa9e7659b03.png

This is what I have so far for predictions. Let me know if there are any mistakes or I'm missing someone.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is what I have so far for predictions. Let me know if there are any mistakes or I'm missing someone.

Eagles 27 - Bucs 24

Ward throws a TD

• Like 1

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles - 31

Bucs - 28

Elliott nails a 55+ yard FG to win it with ten seconds remaining.

• Like 1

Looks like we getting snow on the Eastcoast Sunday.  Going shopping to get everything tomorrow.  I will be rocking my Super Bowl Shirt for the game.   

eagles super bowl apparel Promotions

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

@LeanMeanGM

Buccaneers 38

Eagles 19

*it’s not close in 2nd half at all, maybe earlier 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Going from Fulgham to Devonta would be like going from Singleton to Dean, just think of it like that and forget all about his apparent lack of size

Roquan Smith and Eric Kendrick’s have done pretty well for midgets.  The game isn’t played in the box as much anymore, lots of teams use the Nickel as their base defense. Dean is already better than any LB’er on the Eagles in coverage, and would be their best blitzing LB’er if Gannon actually did that. 
 I prefer Lloyd for the Eagles, he’s obviously bigger, better against the run, just as good as Dean sideline to sideline and he would be less likely to let TE’s or big RB’s get into the Eagles DB’s, and Maddox tries to tackle a big F’er and gets injured. 
 If the Dolphins didn’t screw the Eagles by winning a bunch of games, we could of gotten  Kyle Hamilton and Howie could keep his cheap TJ Edwards and the cripple Taylor.  He would immediately become the leader on defense like Jenkins was. 

This is the year to root for all the juniors to come out, along with the 5th and 6th year seniors - we can make a killing in both the 1st and 5th rounds.

If Howie can swing a 3rd for Dillard, he can move up and down the draft, targeting the guys who fall out of each tier.

Sure we can get some top talent with our first four picks, but we can also pick up some solid players later on in this draft.

I mean we've landed Driscoll (4th), McPhearson (4th), Wallace (4th), Gainwell (5th ), Watkins (6th), Bradley (6th) the past two years. Some starters, some top ST guys, some role players.

This draft will be deeper, allowing you to add a mix of guys with potential and older players who can contribute immediately.

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

This is the year to root for all the juniors to come out, along with the 5th and 6th year seniors - we can make a killing in both the 1st and 5th rounds.

If Howie can swing a 3rd for Dillard, he can move up and down the draft, targeting the guys who fall out of each tier.

Sure we can get some top talent with our first four picks, but we can also pick up some solid players later on in this draft.

I mean we've landed Driscoll (4th), McPhearson (4th), Wallace (4th), Gainwell (5th ), Watkins (6th), Bradley (6th) the past two years. Some starters, some top ST guys, some role players.

This draft will be deeper, allowing you to add a mix of guys with potential and older players who can contribute immediately.

Why would we trade Dillard for a 3rd? He’s been good when he’s in there. He just isn’t Mailata. 

8 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Why would we trade Dillard for a 3rd? He’s been good when he’s in there. He just isn’t Mailata. 

He’s here for one more year at most. I’d take a 3rd or better.

Looks like it’s not a very good draft  , have to revisit in a couple years , but looks short on talent 

13 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Looks like it’s not a very good draft  , have to revisit in a couple years , but looks short on talent 

Better not tell afan that.  It is the best draft in the history of football because his hero has three 1sts.

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

Roquan Smith and Eric Kendrick’s have done pretty well for midgets.  The game isn’t played in the box as much anymore, lots of teams use the Nickel as their base defense. Dean is already better than any LB’er on the Eagles in coverage, and would be their best blitzing LB’er if Gannon actually did that. 
 I prefer Lloyd for the Eagles, he’s obviously bigger, better against the run, just as good as Dean sideline to sideline and he would be less likely to let TE’s or big RB’s get into the Eagles DB’s, and Maddox tries to tackle a big F’er and gets injured. 
 If the Dolphins didn’t screw the Eagles by winning a bunch of games, we could of gotten  Kyle Hamilton and Howie could keep his cheap TJ Edwards and the cripple Taylor.  He would immediately become the leader on defense like Jenkins was. 

Riquan Smith is 6'1", Kendricks is 6' but weighs about 235

Dean is I'm guessing 5'10" at around 215-220 that's a short thick safety.

I think a good comparison would be jabril peppers who is 5'11" 215.

I like peppers but he's a tweener, not big enough to be a LB not fast quick enough to be a deep safety, which is fine but limits what one can do with him, I could see dean taking a similar path, which is fine but not something I'd spend a 1st round pick on.