Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh, he’s real.  My wife watches that goofy crap.  

Are we alone or the rock piles on Mars and the Pyramids in Egypt alien technology?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Interesting concept.  Obviously Steelers take Herbert, Eagles are then on the clock, who would you take ??

Ooh I like that as a fun concept... Hmm let's think... Wentz?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@RememberTheKoy are you gonna accuse everyone e on this list picking the Bucs of openly rooting against the team ??

Have they been trying to aggressively argue with anyone that has posted anything positive about the team throughout the season?  Did they go in panic mode down the stretch arguing why they want the team to lose and not make the playoffs? Are they desperate to try to set up bets to give further cover for rooting against the Eagles? 

Get a life.  Every new me tion you creep closer to the ignore list which we know form the old Eagles board sends you into even a bigger mental breakdown. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ooh I like that as a fun concept... Hmm let's think... Wentz?

I would not take a QB, to hard to incorporate into a new offense in a week.  But a premier pass rusher would be huge.  That’s why I went Quinn or Garrett.

• Like 2

Just now, downundermike said:

I would not take a QB, to hard to incorporate into a new offense in a week.  But a premier pass rusher would be huge.  That’s why I went Quinn or Garrett.

Oh bud I was messing! I wouldn't take Wentz. I agree an elite edge rusher for sure. What about Jordan?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Your examples are guys who've been out of the league for like 10 years.  And the one who succeeded is an extreme outlier.

I remember Nate Gerry better. They convert to LB because they can't cover. No thanks. 

Lots of LBs who play LB become great LBs in the NFL. Don't try to be too smart. Just use common sense. 

Except if you watched Gerry in college, he was a downhill S.   He was behind the player and came downhill to make the play.  That isn’t an especially good trait at LB trying to cover receivers because he wasn’t downhill anymore and it showed.  There is some truth to what AFan is alluding to when he talks about S experience, angles in coverage.  And fluid hips.  A good LB covers more like a CB than a downhill S.   I said the moment they drafted Gerry that I didn’t like the pick because he was a downhill S.  I liked other players than Stevens when picked (got Vincent now,  and the player we had just missed on, Gowan, who I suspect Howie was targeting). But I liked the pick better than Mills as he wasn’t strictly a downhill S.   And like Mills, he spent a year on the PS.  Dean won’t have that luxury. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Interesting concept.  Obviously Steelers take Herbert, Eagles are then on the clock, who would you take ??

I would take Robert Quinn or Miles Garrett.

TJ Watt

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Have they been trying to aggressively argue with anyone that has posted anything positive about the team throughout the season?  Did they go in panic mode down the stretch arguing why they want the team to lose and not make the playoffs? Are they desperate to try to set up bets to give further cover for rooting against the Eagles? 

Get a life.  Every new me tion you creep closer to the ignore list which we know form the old Eagles board sends you into even a bigger mental breakdown. 

The bet is about you backing up your talk, which you won’t.  Majority of the board realizes we are just not good enough to win.  Brian Westbrook realizes the same.  I am just looking for you to back up your talk.  You are hiding behind the "I don’t want to give you reason to root against them” nonsense because deep down in your heart you know we have no chance.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

TJ Watt

Steelers are in the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Foles 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Instead of using a 1st rounder on a LB that has questions, just sign De'Vondre Capmbell. Long, mean, can cover, tackle, sheds. I don't think he will cost a ton but certainly will get paid. Just sign him and put him in the middle. Use the firsts elsewhere on defense. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, justrelax said:

This is a first-rate argument and I am not competent to say you are wrong. The stack and shed business is my sticking point and I'm glad you mentioned it. I don't think I've ever seen Dean do it. I remember a few undersized LBs on the Eagles who had mixed results - Willie T was pretty good but there was a smallish white guy from, I think, Texas, who started off like a house afire and ended up getting abused halfway through his first season. Can't remember his name.

My ideal LB is big and fast, and goes and attacks OL and sheds them to make a tackle. Thats why I fought for Kuechly when people said he wasnt athletic, and why I loved LVE so much when a lot of people were slow to come around on him too. 

There arent a lot of LBs like them in any draft. These little guys who run around blocks have become athletic enough to actually have success.

I havent watched Dean closely. I dont have a feeling specifically on him yet one way or the other. But Im past the point of knocking LBs for size and being run around guys because thats the new way the position is played. And Ill still look for stack and shedders. But I dont expect to find many who will be athletic enough to be 3 down LBs anymore.

Jojo  Domann is another under the radar backer prospect , one of the  best cover backer in the draft   , very good tackler , and plays with top instincts .

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

My ideal LB is big and fast, and goes and attacks OL and sheds them to make a tackle. Thats why I fought for Kuechly when people said he wasnt athletic, and why I loved LVE so much when a lot of people were slow to come around on him too. 

There arent a lot of LBs like them in any draft. These little guys who run around blocks have become athletic enough to actually have success.

I havent watched Dean closely. I dont have a feeling specifically on him yet one way or the other. But Im past the point of knocking LBs for size and being run around guys because thats the new way the position is played. 

My ideal LB is one part Concrete Charlie, one part Seth Joyner, one part Bill Bergey and one part William Thomas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Jojo  Domann is another under the radar backer prospect , one of the  best cover backer in the draft   , very good tackler , and plays with top instincts .

He’s my dad’s age. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

My ideal LB is one part Concrete Charlie, one part Seth Joyner, one part Bill Bergey and one part William Thomas.

I dont remember any of those guys.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s my dad’s age. 

That’s alright he can play the game , and is a better football player than the majority at his position  , age doesn’t scare me , unless it’s a RB

i like Raimann at OT , will be 25 when season starts ,

Jermaine Johnson too 

2 hours ago, Casey @ Bat said:

You saying Kerrigan doesn’t have upside?

He hasn’t even been here a year, he’s basically a rookie

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That could say a lot more about the coach than the people saying/not saying it.  Maybe he’s a lifer O line coach and has no desire to elevate into an OC or HC job. Just because someone is a good position coach doesn’t mean they want to be something more or would be good at a higher position.  

Yup. He’s been an O-line coach since 93, and you don’t hear a peep about him wanting something more. Just how he loves teaching O-line. He’s like Jim Johnson in a way. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Picking someone over Justin Jefferson? Howie 2.0

I’d probably just embrace the run game offense at this point for the rest of the playoffs and go with Taylor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

+ Stout would love him.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He hasn’t even been here a year, he’s basically a rookie

Lol. Just needs time to develop. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Picking someone over Justin Jefferson? Howie 2.0

I considered him, but in a week I think a premier pass rusher would be easiest to incorporate and have the biggest impact for the Eagles.

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

He is 60 years old , what exactly do you consider a better coaching position?  I would argue he has reached the best coaching position he will ever have 

plus his health problems would give pause.  He has control of what he loves and plenty of juice in the draft room apparently.