Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I thought Harris outplayed Dean in the championship game, Harris and Anderson were practically unblockable, and Harris is bigger and good in zone coverage.

If Gannon is going to play some version of Cover 2, he needs LBs who understand coverage techniques, and are long enough to make it difficult for QBs to throw over them on the seam throws.

De'Vondre Campbell makes sense... I wouldn't play games, just sign Campbell and move on.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Another consideration, I think pass rush would help the most.  The guy who posted the tweet picked Lamar Jackson. 

Whoa. What a massive move!

image.jpeg.a135989e0903a7a625ed4a3a7d23aa06.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

De'Vondre Campbell makes sense... I wouldn't play games, just sign Campbell and move on.

why would they let him hit the market though? And do you think we would be the team to pay for an all-pro LB? I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

The bet is about you backing up your talk, which you won’t.  Majority of the board realizes we are just not good enough to win.  Brian Westbrook realizes the same.  I am just looking for you to back up your talk.  You are hiding behind the "I don’t want to give you reason to root against them” nonsense because deep down in your heart you know we have no chance.

Get a life.  

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

why would they let him hit the market though? And do you think we would be the team to pay for an all-pro LB? I doubt it.

I don't know, but so far he's not extended. We should be in play, our linebacker situation has been bad for quite awhile now. If we are thinking they would use a 1st or 2nd on a LB then just sign one instead. He's not an all pro LB so shouldn't cost a ton.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Get a life.  

🤡🌏

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The start of this discussion with Afan was about drafting defense.  Kendricks is the only one that plays defense last I checked... and he was a disappointment while he was here, or did you forget that because he played well in 2017?  

Kendricks played well for us in multiple seasons (2013, 2014, 2015). His "bad" season was the first year with Schwartz where he lost playing time to both Hicks and Bradham.

As for drafting defense, I won't even criticize Howie here. Since 2013, we simply haven't drafted a lot of defense in the top 100. Criticizing Howie's drafting on offense is way more on-board than defense. 

• Like 1

What are these teams seeing that we are not ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Their defensive rosters?

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Interesting concept.  Obviously Steelers take Herbert, Eagles are then on the clock, who would you take ??

I would take Robert Quinn or Miles Garrett.

Russell Wilson 

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Kendricks played well for us in multiple seasons (2013, 2014, 2015). His "bad" season was the first year with Schwartz where he lost playing time to both Hicks and Bradham.

As for drafting defense, I won't even criticize Howie here. Since 2013, we simply haven't drafted a lot of defense in the top 100. Criticizing Howie's drafting on offense is way more on-board than defense. 

Marcus Smith, Derek Barnett, and Sydney Jones all say hello.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I don't know, but so far he's not extended. We should be in play, our linebacker situation has been bad for quite awhile now. If we are thinking they would use a 1st or 2nd on a LB then just sign one instead. He's not an all pro LB so shouldn't cost a ton.

he is 1st team all pro

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Huh? last coaching cycle "We" were seeing the same thing these teams are seeing. There were a bunch of people in here wanting Gannon.

Now we got him, and have already forgotten how badly we wanted him?

Hes a coach in the rise in the NFL. I guess other teams havent forgotten. 

I watched 5 minutes of a highlight video for Drake London and I dont need to bother trying to find any games. He has to go to a team with a QB who will throw to a big bodied WR who is covered. The QB better have an arm, and be able to place the ball accurately.

Even in highlights, he has no separation, ever. i think he is long enough that he can do what he does in the NFL. But he cant play with Hurts. Not interested.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Due diligence. I think teams see him as a potential HC down the road, and want to get a feel for him.

Lurie and Howie liked to interview a lot of guys, for a number of reasons:

1) building networks around the league, not just HCs but these guys might shake loose if the HC is fired and be coordinator candidates

2) picking their brains, not just strategy, but who would they hire as assistants?

3) hoping that a candidate will make their decision for them, i.e., show up and blow their socks off, that can't happen if you don't interview them.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Fans are focusing too much on the on field  performance. The teams are focusing more on the person himself. 

Plus he has a connection with the Wilfs. Wouldn't be shocked if they are just doing him a solid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

he is 1st team all pro

He was left off the initial pro bowl voting and was later added. This would be his very first pro bowl year at age 29, so it's not like he's a perennial first ballot pro bowler.  If we can talk about using a 1st on a LB then there's no reason why we can't contemplate a FA signing. Both are a bit far fetched.

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I watched 5 minutes of a highlight video for Drake London and I dont need to bother trying to find any games. He has to go to a team with a QB who will throw to a big bodied WR who is covered. The QB better have an arm, and be able to place the ball accurately.

Even in highlights, he has no separation, ever. i think he is long enough that he can do what he does in the NFL. But he cant play with Hurts. Not interested.

Drake London is good, but the discourse around him in the draft will not be fun. He's a way better athlete than JJAW, but do we want a contested-catch guy? I'd rather have Wilson, Olave, Williams, etc.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Fans are focusing too much on the on field  performance. The teams are focusing more on the person himself. 

This.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Drake London is good, but the discourse around him in the draft will not be fun. He's a way better athlete than JJAW, but do we want a contested-catch guy? I'd rather have Wilson, Olave, Williams, etc.

Drake London would be the worst waste of a first round pick Howie could make — other than Corral and Willis 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Drake London would be the worst waste of a first round pick Howie could make — other than Corral and Willis 

I am not a fan either, the Ohio State receivers, Burks even Williams would be my choices. Any chance Mike Williams gets out of LA then that should be strongly considered too.

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

I am not a fan either, the Ohio State receivers, Burks even Williams would be my choices. Any chance Mike Williams gets out of LA then that should be strongly considered too.

What’s not to like about Wilson?

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Ohio State

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I meant I'm not a fan of London, the other guys I am a fan of.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

IMO, 2 things

- Lack of one "elite" trait.
- Lots of drops (hands)