Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

8 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I meant I'm not a fan of London, the other guys I am a fan of.

Lol, I read that as you weren’t a fan of either Ohio State receiver. My bad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I am not a fan either, the Ohio State receivers, Burks even Williams would be my choices. Any chance Mike Williams gets out of LA then that should be strongly considered too.

yeah IMO williams or juju would be great young vets to add to the WR's here along with 1 of the 1st , toss jjaw and reagor and just say my bad howie.

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

IMO, 2 things

- Lack of one "elite" trait.
- Lots of drops (hands)

I think he’s an elite separator. 

• Like 1

Is no one juiced up for the playoffs ?   Might be the least buzz on the board for a playoff game since I joined 15+ years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

Is no one juiced up for the playoffs ?   Might be the least buzz on the board for a playoff game since I joined 15+ years ago.

happy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Very meh. Even the Eagles hype video I posted only got 1 like I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think people are curious to see how Hurts does, and/or how Sirianni approaches the game, but in any event, most expect a one and done, possibly even a blowout. Hard to get juiced up for that. 

• Like 2

If we know Kelce is coming back, do we still burn a pick on Linderbaum? Not sure if he would be a fit at guard until Kelce hangs them up.

Fully expect Howie to revisit this trade in the off-season.

Watson was adamant about going to Miami, now he has to be open to other sports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Good comparison but on the other hand, wasn't Peppers mostly a safety at UM and then played more on the line as a LB his last year there?  Dean is a LB...just a small one.  If Peppers is what you get out of him, a fist round pick is too much for him like you said. Another comparison could be Shaq Thompson with the Panthers.  He was a do it all S/LB at Washington.  He's 6' 230 today.  He was taken with pick 25.  I don't watch enough Panthers games to know if he warranted a 1st or not.

Both Peppers and Thompson were hybrid DB/LB in college.  They are what the Eagles hoped Nate Gerry would become.  Dean is and has been a LB and the leader of an historic defense at UGA.  To stand out on a team with that much talent on defense takes special talent.  You could also argue that Dean benefited from a DL comprised of future first round picks and NFL talent across the board.  Going to be interesting to see how he tests and weighs in.

No matter what, he's a stud football player and a leader.  The Eagles need an alpha dog to come in here and lead this defense.

I like Dean a lot as a football player, as said he also had a really good D line in front of him and while he was a LB in college often a MLB he's way too small to survive at MLB.

London Fletcher was only about 5'10" but he weighed around 240

Zach Thomas was only 5'10" as well but weighed around 235.

If Dean could get you around 235 without sacrificing too much speed I think he could make it as a MLB, if he can maintain a weight around 225 he could make it at WLB especially in today's game where offenses spread out more.

Having said that I'd still rather prefer a taller LB, at his height Dean will get abused in man coverage and even in zone he doesn't have the length to get in passing Lanes.

Keith Adams mychal Kendricks again would be good comparisons as well except both those guys weighed over 230.

As for Nate Gerry comparison, Gerry was well over 6ft at around 6'2"

Like you said his combine will tell alot, if he comes in at 215 then he'll be looked at as a peppers tweener and I'm not sure that's worth a mid first round pick , if he comes in at 225 then I imagine teams 43 teams will look at him as a WIL 34 teams could possibly view him as a MLB.

If he comes in heavier than that which I can't imagine he would then 43 teams may see him as a MLB.

What ever weight he comes in at hell still be short I'm guessing 5'9"-5'10" range which either way one slices it isn't ideal size for a LB 

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Watson was adamant about going to Miami, now he might be open to other sports.

Unless Flores takes the Texans job

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Watson was adamant about going to Miami, now he might be open to other sports.

texans hire flores and he stays put , my bet.

Unless Flores takes the Texans job

One of the Texans insiders reported a few days ago that no matter what, Watson is gone from Houston.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I think Carolina will be the spot.

4 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

texans hire flores and he stays put , my bet.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It will probably be a lot different if we beat the Bucs. Right now most people are hoping we are at least competitive.

Just now, MillerTime said:

I think Carolina will be the spot.

They are a dumpster fire, and don't have the assets.

We have the better coach, O-Line, division, market etc.

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

But Hurts led us to the playoffs

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

This is a first-rate argument and I am not competent to say you are wrong. The stack and shed business is my sticking point and I'm glad you mentioned it. I don't think I've ever seen Dean do it. I remember a few undersized LBs on the Eagles who had mixed results - Willie T was pretty good but there was a smallish white guy from, I think, Texas, who started off like a house afire and ended up getting abused halfway through his first season. Can't remember his name.

Britt Hager???

But Hurts led us to the playoffs

Good for him, Watson can lead us to a Superbowl.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

They are a dumpster fire, and don't have the assets.

We have the better coach, O-Line, division, market etc.

i'd rather the team build thru the draft , get younger. don't want to waste picks on a QB that might not even suit up next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vaeagle2 said:

i'd rather the team build thru the draft , get younger. don't want to waste picks on a QB that might not even suit up next season.

A franchise QB in his prime or 3 of Howie's draft picks? Yeah...sure.

That's what due diligence is for, if the Birds trade for him they will have the okay on that side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think he’s an elite separator. 

I like Wilson, but you're essentially saying he's an elite route runner because he's not a plus athlete.

I have seen some scouts use the dreaded "Slot" term when describing his transition to the pros.

Where Treylon Burks gets drafted will depend a lot on what he runs at the Combine IMO.  I made a bet with a friend of mine for $50 that Burks runs slower than the 4.42 Chase Claypool ran, at 6’4 and 238 lbs.  Burks is a tiny bit smaller at 6’3 and 225.

If Burks can run in the 4.3s I think he’ll go top 10.  If he’s somewhere in the mid 4.4s as I suspect he could go late teens, near where the Eagles are slotted.

Interesting thing about watching his 2021 highlights is he has a bigger version of Jalen Hurts throwing him the football 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

A franchise QB in his prime or 3 of Howie's draft picks? Yeah...sure.

That's what due diligence is for, if the Birds trade for him they will have the okay on that side.

yeah i'd take the picks