Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yep. AF’s description of events makes no sense. It’s simply whatever is most convenient to insulate Howie and Lurie from any and all criticism. 

Yes sir. 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Id rather wait and add an RG or future RT who can begin at guard in the third rd pr beyond like the tulsa RT.

karlaftis elam and hill is my dream rd1

I’m liking the Tulsa OT/OG in round 3 or 2 as well.  Waiting on what justrelax has to say about him and also the potential of Toth as a long term answer at Center.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Simoneau?

Matt McCoy, I believe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I have no problem with  a older prospect , as long as he is further along with his game , so you draft a guy because he is younger but he don’t see significant time  ,  because his game isn’t as advanced 

Agreed - JJ was productive at FSU and could come in and play. He isn’t an older player with potential only.

The Mendoza line is Dooman (sp?), the LB from Nebraska who is like 25. It’s not a premium position, so do you really want to use a 3rd on a likely plug and play guy - probably (as hits are better than misses).

9 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I took a look and, mind you, this is based on very limited cut-ups, maybe 25 plays worth, which is hardly anything.

He looks to need a lot of work. He sets pretty high in pass pro and therefore would be susceptible to bull rushes. He turns too much rather than slides. That kick step needs work. For a guy his size he's reasonably agile but he's not particularly fast or quick. As a pulling guard he'd be pretty limited, at least for a while and no way is he close to being an LT in the pros.

That's the bad stuff.

The good stuff: he's powerful and nasty. There's a lot to work with, given a good OL coach. If he comes here he'll obviously get that. Not a high 2nd, I should think, but a late 2nd or 3rd seems reasonable. He needs coaching and patience.

JMO and based on not much.

Thanks.

Given Stoutland, my preference is to draft nasty athletes and coach them up. If Kelce returns, no one we draft this year will start next year anyway.

Max Mitchell ot  , really like him

Zion  Nelson ot

Darian Kinnard , sneaks into rd 1 imo

Zion Johnson iol 

Jamarre Sayler iol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The officiating problems extend far past that crew. The NFL wants to pretend there isn't a problem with it.   I knew the NFL would try to cover up the whistle being blown during the play last night. I figured they would either blame a fan for the whistle or say that it was after the play...the NFL chose the latter.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

If they play Kerrigan, I will lose my mind.  Kerrigan is useless now.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yikes. No Sweat, means we have to win today on the back of our offense. They'll just double Hargrave all game.

7 minutes ago, justrelax said:

If he comes here he'll obviously get that. Not a high 2nd, I should think, but a late 2nd or 3rd seems reasonable. He needs coaching and patience.

It would seem like a waste to use a premium draft pick on the oline.

The worst case scenario is that our starting line is Mailata-Dickerson-Seumalo-Driscoll-Johnson with Clark, Opeta, Toth, Awosika and Anderson as reserves. That assumes Kelce retires, Dillard is traded and Brooks is no longer here via release or trade.

I am not sure we need to draft anyone. I think that group of 10 is fine, and we will have to cut one or two if Kelce and Dillard are on the roster. 

22 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I took a look and, mind you, this is based on very limited cut-ups, maybe 25 plays worth, which is hardly anything.

He looks to need a lot of work. He sets pretty high in pass pro and therefore would be susceptible to bull rushes. He turns too much rather than slides. That kick step needs work. For a guy his size he's reasonably agile but he's not particularly fast or quick. As a pulling guard he'd be pretty limited, at least for a while and no way is he close to being an LT in the pros.

That's the bad stuff.

The good stuff: he's powerful and nasty. There's a lot to work with, given a good OL coach. If he comes here he'll obviously get that. Not a high 2nd, I should think, but a late 2nd or 3rd seems reasonable. He needs coaching and patience.

justrelax, what are your thoughts on the long range potential of Brett Toth at Center?

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yikes. No Sweat, means we have to win today on the back of our offense. They'll just double Hargrave all game.

The smart thing would be to rotate Avery and Williams at DE vs. play Kerrigan.  I'm tired of Howie influencing the coaching staff to play players based on money or draft position. Kerrigan clearly has nothing left.  At least Avery and Williams occasionally show something.  They could also continue giving Cox a few snaps at DE vs. play Kerrigan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Agreed - JJ was productive at FSU and could come in and play. He isn’t an older player with potential only.

The Mendoza line is Dooman (sp?), the LB from Nebraska who is like 25. It’s not a premium position, so do you really want to use a 3rd on a likely plug and play guy - probably (as hits are better than misses).

Domann was really good, but yeah, a 25 year old rookie isn’t ideal at a non-premium position. I’d say round 4 or later for a guy that age. 

That doesn’t even consider the fact that he tore his ACL twice. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Slide Milton Williams out to the edge

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Domann was really good, but yeah, a 25 year old rookie isn’t ideal at a non-premium position. I’d say round 4 or later for a guy that age. 

That doesn’t even consider the fact that he tore his ACL twice. 

Good to know - I didn’t put it together that he had an injury history (but that makes a lot of sense).

Guessing Opeta is the starter and Awosika the main backup

2 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Good to know - I didn’t put it together that he had an injury history (but that makes a lot of sense).

Yeah, he was a sixth-year senior. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Guessing Opeta is the starter and Awosika the main backup

That's not good especially with Suh and Vea inside. Opeta might not be able to handle those guys.  

• Like 1

Kernigan's job today is the ole classic of guarding the water bottle and tackling anyone that gets near.  At least I hope that's what they go with.  He shouldn't see the field except in an emergency.