Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Alright @downundermike it’s the offseason. I personally think we move on from Hurts. Regardless of our arguments I respect your opinion. What are you wanting us to do this offseason?

• Like 1

GO NINERS!

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

F him too. We'll be watching the same thing next year. 

• Like 1

Good start for the Niners. I feel like Dallas is going to have a poor time dealing with them.

Gainwell is better than Miles Sanders right now, today. How about we actually play him at his natural position and let him be successful next year? 

This is honestly my biggest frustration with this years team, the f'ing charade to soothe our FOs ego:

Minshew better than Hurts but we have to pretend Hurts is the future.

We have to pretend Sanders is some stud RB.  He isnt.

Lets pretend Reagor isnt an embarrassment, keep him out there even if the playoffs.

Lets pretend Barnett is a legit DE and not a consistent detriment.

I understand not having a full deck but we got away from making decisions based on giving us the best chance to win and instead made them based on the feelings and egos.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That was a very good press conference by Sirianni. 

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Not about wanting him to fail so much as knowing he is a POS as a QB and wanting him gone any way possible and know that won't be the easy way, so all options are on the table. I wanted him to fail after the last few drives today so people saw who he really is, but again, that's because I want him gone. Don't want the Eagles to have to search for a QB but the writing is on the wall and I've been right about that since last year. 

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

F him too

Are you off work tomorrow for MLK day, or will you be going to your job at the Grief Counseling Center.

• Haha 2

We have the following on O:

- A top of the line O-Line

- An emerging #1 WR

- A beast TE

- A very good young play-making back in Gainwell

Need the following:

- Franchise QB

- An NFL caliber WR2

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Who then?  

I’d go with Mariota as a stop gap. Draft a guy that falls to you in ‘22 or get more serious in ‘23. Hurts just doesn’t have tools even he does take a leap in the offseason (and why would he at this point - he’s had a lot of experience now).

The best part about this year is it cemented Kelce as a first ballot HOFer

• Like 1

SACK!!!

4 minutes ago, Know Life said:

5DB153B6-8478-4012-998C-B967ECCF912A.jpeg

Too bad for the 49ers  in real life he was a Eagles fan. 

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

F him too. We'll be watching the same thing next year. 

Hopefully in a new uniform.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Alright @downundermike it’s the offseason. I personally think we move on from Hurts. Regardless of our arguments I respect your opinion. What are you wanting us to do this offseason?

I would prefer not to put multiple picks into a QB, but, premier position in the game and you have to do what you have to do.  Options

1.  Pickett falls far enough that you add a 3rd or 4th to move up a couple spots to get him.

2.  Pickett is available at 19.

3.  1st, 2nd and Hurts for Watson.

4.  Sell the farm for Rodgers if he wants out of Green Bay.

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

2452 and counting.

The draft?

This is why I'm happy Dallas got the Niners. They're the perfect team to contest them and put it all on Dak.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I know that’s coach speak, but if not, I don’t feel good about the HC moving forward.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah... I don't see it.

True, Bledsoe actually stood in the pocket, Strong goes down when someone breathes on him.  All joking aside, why do you like him?  He's a big arm with decent touch but he's a complete statue.

4 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Good start for the Niners. I feel like Dallas is going to have a poor time dealing with them.

Bad matchup. They’re happy to beat them up and make them tackle. Diggs is bad at it and Parsons got put in a blender. Aiyuk pinned him on the TD. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Gainwell is better than Miles Sanders right now, today. How about we actually play him at his natural position and let him be successful next year? 

This is honestly my biggest frustration with this years team, the f'ing charade to soothe our FOs ego:

Minshew better than Hurts but we have to pretend Hurts is the future.

We have to pretend Sanders is some stud RB.  He isnt.

Lets pretend Reagor isnt an embarrassment, keep him out there even if the playoffs.

Lets pretend Barnett is a legit DE and not a consistent detriment.

I understand not having a full deck but we got away from making decisions based on giving us the best chance to win and instead made them based on the feelings and egos.  

I agree with about 99% of this, and the most frustrating part is that the change at HC should have allowed more of a fresh look at all these positions.  

Good starting FP for San Fran.