EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

@eagle45  I’d be curious to know of all the plays he crouches like that, what % are "ride or die”, mesh-point read plays.  Unless he checks out of them, which is another topic for another day, I bet it’s north of 80%.  

Would be interesting.  But I do think we can all say, just from watching the games, that this is not a crouch he takes immediately as the ball is snapped.  

3 hours ago, justrelax said:

To sum up: 

1) Hurts is not good enough. He will undoubtedly get better but he will get enough better? My answer is probably not.

2) Our defense is slow and needs to get faster, particularly at LB and FS. Without that, we'll give up 30+ to every good QB we face.

3) We need another edge guy, badly.

4) Rodgers will be 39. Watson is a scumbag, and Wilson is, well, what is he at this point? None of them are worth 3 #1s, not even close.

5) Is there a QB in the draft moving up for? If so, how far up? Do we throw 3 #1s at a question mark? Answers: I don't think so. If maybe, a Lawrence Welk. No.

Going back to (1), how much better will another QB be than Hurts and how much is that worth?

Given that all questions surrounding the QB are problematical, I go for defense first. QB will have to wait.

Not only do we need athletes on defense, we need help on offense.

We went into that game without a starting RB (Sanders is better as a change of pace back than as a starter), a #2 WR who can make plays underneath, a H-back/#2 TE (Stoll is your blocking TE), Opeta at RG. That's not ideal with an inexperienced QB against a top defense. Whether Hurts is the long-run answer, we need more talent or a better QB will just look better struggling with this group. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

What happened to the Hurts is the future crowd ??

Jalen Hurts GIFs | Tenor

Pretty sure it was a crowd of one.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Not only do we need athletes on defense, we need help on offense.

Especially at QB, and Lowie is gonna go and get one.

And, last

50 minutes ago, justrelax said:

BTW, Brady crouches before the snap. Not as much, but he crouches. Must be as bad as Hurts.

How tall is brady again?

36 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Take a flyer on Winston if he's available.

Couldn't be worse than Hurts.

That is impressively awful

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

cant really be more last than this.

one more

Archived