Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

4 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

At least do something dumb but smart and throw the ball backwards OOB if you gonna do that lol

That would be very interesting... I think its a penalty though.

My reply to Skip Bayless. Just a simple gif:

78300C08-108A-4864-9896-A008EABBFBD1.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's not complicated.   The steak dinner is the Eagles win.   A good burger and free beer is great... but its not a steak.    The surprise ending of the free beer was the foolishness of the ending of the game. 

but hey... if you don't get it, it doesn't bother me.

The Analogy was not that good and didn’t have to be that dorky. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Who made that call, though, McCarthy or Moore?  Is McCarthy their O play caller and Moore is more the play/scheme designer?  I don't care about the Cowgirls so have no idea of their coaching structure.

Whoever made that call and then on top of it didn't make sure the O players knew the rules should be fired.  But, hopefully Jerry keeps them around for years.

That run by Dak may be the dumbest play I have ever seen run.  Why in the world would they take that chance?  

Who do you guys have a harder time cheering for or watching knowing their past...Tyreek Hill or Joe Mixon?

• Like 1

The Steelers punter is huge

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Just going off my reaction earlier and my wife's now Im pretty sure this loss stung Dallas more than ours.

Of course it did.  We didn’t even belong in the postseason.  We also have crap QB and a roster short on talent.  They don’t.  

• Like 1

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

Who made that call, though, McCarthy or Moore?  Is McCarthy their O play caller and Moore is more the play/scheme designer?  I don't care about the Cowgirls so have no idea of their coaching structure.

Whoever made that call and then on top of it didn't make sure the O players knew the rules should be fired.  But, hopefully Jerry keeps them around for years.

Just didn’t make sense. If you gonna call a QB run (which is stupid) why not angle it to the sidelines instead of straight up the middle with no timeouts. Just stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Just going off my reaction earlier and my wife's now Im pretty sure this loss stung Dallas more than ours.

Losing as a favorite always hurts more than losing as the 7 seed to the 2 seed.  We all pretty much assumed we were losing going in to the game.  How it occurred sucked, but it was pretty much the expected outcome.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Who do you guys have a harder time cheering for or watching knowing their past...Tyreek Hill or Joe Mixon?

Hill

Back to the Eagles game.  Maddox was getting abused by Evans.  Was there anything Gannon could have done to change that matchup or was that just the result of a mismatch in favor of the Bucs?

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Losing as a favorite always hurts more than losing as the 7 seed to the 2 seed.  We all pretty much assumed we were losing going in to the game.  How it occurred sucked, but it was pretty much the expected outcome.

Pretty much. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

622F6BE4-078C-4A51-A22E-B74E78E90BED.jpeg

They aren't good at math.  I'm pretty sure there were 14 seconds, not 10.   

Yup.  Double checked it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 8.22.21 PM.png

Just now, bpac55 said:

Back to the Eagles game.  Maddox was getting abused by Evans.  Was there anything Gannon could have done to change that matchup or was that just the result of a mismatch in favor of the Bucs?

Slay should have been shadowing Evans all day. Period. Maddox gives up like a foot in height. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Ike Turner….Seriously wtf is it with these random crazy posts? This place sucks worse than the Eagles and Cowboys. 

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Tell that to the TV networks.

They are irrelevant to the sport, but they get ratings.  Their "fans" haven't figured it out yet.

Always sucks to lose and especially to get ones ass kicked but it was pretty clear we weren't going anywhere.  This was a very flawed team.  Fun to watch, lots of youthful enthusiasm and young coaches, etc. but not a particularly good team.  They should be far better next season if they have a solid off season.  All in all it was a positive 1st season for a new coaching staff and their young team.

• Like 4

Found a new angle for Dak's run at the end of the game: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, greend said:

He hasn't yet, but then again nothing has been proven,right?

Have a look at this Reddit thread. A lot of similarities in all the allegations painting Watson in a very disturbing light. More than enough for me to want nothing to do with him.