EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

There is no way that Carson will tolerate being benched for multiple weeks to not convert the pick into the first rounder.  He got very sensitive last year being benched after playing badly, but when he is doing ok, I can't see him not making waves again.  Do the Colts need that distraction?

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I like Milton a lot.

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Will he be a DT or DE after everything shakes out?

I think he'll be a versatile DL.

Just pulled this draft thedraftnetwork.com:

image.thumb.png.4c6c3c5552189d5e9ffc510ae24741d9.png

4 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

There is no way that Carson will tolerate being benched for multiple weeks to not convert the pick into the first rounder.  He got very sensitive last year being benched after playing badly, but when he is doing ok, I can't see him not making waves again.  Do the Colts need that distraction?

Tanking like 5 games is like… a lot.  Joe Judge might have a stroke.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He is not a starting QB in the NFL.  All the learning by the "kid” won’t fix that.  The progress the offense has made was based on that realization.  Take the ball out of his hands, you have a better chance.  That’s not development or helping him.  That’s realizing what most of us see.  He will not have a live enough arm to make the throws required to be a viable starter.  20 yard outs. Tight seam throws.  Tight posts over the middle.  He also struggles at running through his reads, checking out of plays and obviously trusting the pocket.  He doesn’t have it. He has to jump throw passes that should be routine.  Sure can he heave it down the field 50 yards?  Of course. But his arm doesn’t make up for his other deficiencies.  You can’t speak it into existence. He’s a slightly better Tim Tebow.  

I’m not arguing any of that.

I’m saying he, with all the flaws you mentioned, is still a better option than wentz was.  Which is why he was drafted in the 1st place IMO.  Because the eagles new they would probably move on from wentz sooner rather than later.  Hurts is a stop gap at worst.  But his athleticism was something the eagles brass wanted to take a chance on.  Looking for the next Wilson or Mahommes so to speak.  

But at the same time I’m not writing hurts out of being a #2 on most rosters and having viable employment  in the nfl as a qb

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Colts couldn't possibly bench Carson Wentz to preserve 1st round pick, well the Indianapolis Star disagrees.

They get paid to generate clicks. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen. 

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

They get paid to generate clicks. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen. 

To think it is not being discussed is absolutely absurd.  I would be willing to bet the discussion was had before Carson even put on a Colts uniform.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They never put him on IR. He was just inactive every week, including playoffs. 

Not really. Flawed stat for such a small sample size. Minshew was 2/2 so that probably made the formula wonky. 

My bad. But they basically just sat him cause their playoff chances were basically slim and none. And foles and the team miraculously made it 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Colts couldn't possibly bench Carson Wentz to preserve 1st round pick, well the Indianapolis Star disagrees.

Oh... ESP has a new rival it seems.

To think it is not being discussed is absolutely absurd.  I would be willing to bet the discussion was had before Carson even put on a Colts uniform.  

Discussed by whom? 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Discussed by whom? 

The Colts front office, coach and QB. That discussion was had before Carson was fitted for a Colts uniform.  

22 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I have always considered posters who make up stuff to play "gotcha" to be the most obnoxious posters on any message board.

The advantage of age is I don't get irritated anymore b/c I realize there are  no controls for age or maturity on a message board.

Ultimately, although I don't frequently agree with you I don't think your opinions are some knee jerk response but a rationalization for the FO.  I don't come here for an echo chamber of my thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Tanking like 5 games is like… a lot.  Joe Judge might have a stroke.

A massive one.  Besides, if you believe you have a Franchise QB, losing a 1st next year is not the end of the world.

The Colts front office, coach and QB. That discussion was had before Carson was fitted for a Colts uniform.  

And who is the source that this conversation happened?

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Same guy

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And who is the source that this conversation happened?

I am saying it happened.  Why would they not have a contingency plan if they are not going to make the playoffs.  Carson Wentz has had multiple injuries this year.  One will mysteriously flare up and he will have season ending surgery before he hits the 75% threshold if they are not going to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Not sure anyone in the league cares if Howie is pissed or will blame the Colts for not wanting to give up a first if it gets to the point. Howie is the idiot who made that deal. He should have given up a pick to guarantee a first or ask for a 2nd and another pick/player. Per usual he tries to be the smartest guy in the room and ends up being an idiot.

For an often injured guy who will give the ball to the other team in the most critical times of games ? A potential 1st is as good as you can ask don’t you think? 

Just now, downundermike said:

I am saying it happened.  Why would they not have a contingency plan if they are not going to make the playoffs.  Carson Wentz has had multiple injuries this year.  One will mysteriously flare up and he will have season ending surgery before he hits the 75% threshold if they are not going to make the playoffs.

Ah...   ok.  That's very reliable.

Crazy week for betting 9 out of the 14 underdogs won outright. 

32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I have always considered posters who make up stuff to play "gotcha" to be the most obnoxious posters on any message board.

The advantage of age is I don't get irritated anymore b/c I realize there are  no controls for age or maturity on a message board.

@Swoop is correct though.  When someone calls you out with facts, you play the "gotcha poster" card, or do not respond at all.

Just like when you said Minshew's stats are garbage time, and I proved a bunch of his best statistical games occurred in one score games in the 4th quarter, and in games he won.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ah...   ok.  That's very reliable.

You really don't think the Colts had this discussion before and after agreeing to the deal ??  75% threshold.  Right about the range that they would know if they are going to have a chance at the playoffs or not.

You really don't think the Colts had this discussion before and after agreeing to the deal ??  75% threshold.  Right about the range that they would know if they are going to have a chance at the playoffs or not.

nope

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Come on.  They just signed Wentz to that big contract less than a year before they drafted Hurts.  

Just the fact that you think he’s a better option than Wentz tells me all I need to know.  Assuming that anyone would think he’s the next Mahomes is even worse.  FFS. LOL. 

I don’t think he will be but you don’t think the fo had those visions when drafting him?

and of course hurts is the better option.  That’s not even a debate. You think what we watched last year was better than this year so far?

Archived