EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Back half of the schedule is certainly easier than the first, but vs Chargers, @ Broncos, vs Saints is a tough 3 week stretch. All 3 are winnable to an extent but I think going 1-2 in that stretch would be the most realistic. And then wrapping up the season with 5 out of 6 division games is a wildcard. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Predicting this kind of stuff is a waste of time.  We have lost to teams the last 3 seasons, that we had no reason to lose to.  We have no clue what this team is.  No clue what this QB is.  I predicted the season out of obligation.  But Assuming one part of the schedule being harder than the other is futile.  I do suspect that teams will have us more figured out in the 2nd half of the season and I believe injuries will take it's toll again.  Since this team is run by a bunch of woke pss accountants.  

That's all.  

What about your Steelers and Chiefs...and one of your other 5 teams? 

I thought this board was designed to be a waste of time? I certainly don't feel like being productive at work.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I thought this board was designed to be a waste of time?

I'm glad there isn't a timer on it. I can't imagine how many days years of my life I've spent on here since the original one.

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Who is one player you think will make a big jump this year? 

Who is one player you think will decline significantly, whether due to age/performance/etc?

My big jump guy is Barnett. Playing for a contract essentially, I think he'll be as motivated as he can be. As a caveat, I don't like him much, mostly due to his insanely stupid penalties. But I think we could see his max ability this year, as he seems like a guy who would be motivated to get a new contract, here or elsewhere.

My decline guy....Kelce. He's been such a stud for so long, and last year was the only pillar of goodness on offense....unfortunately it feels like his number is going to get called this year by the injury reaper. I hope I'm incredibly wrong, but that's just my gut feeling right now. 

Biggest jump -- Genard Avery

My real answer here is Quez, but that's a little too easy since he's destined for a massive increase in production based on increased reps alone.

Avery is tagged for a rush LB role, which is what he should have always been doing. I don't think 5+ sacks is out of the question.

Decline -- Rodney McLeod

This one was kinda tough, but McLeod is a safe bet given he's coming off of injury and was slowed up for the season after his first knee injury. Precedent is hard to ignore.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Especially long now that you found us.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The Eagles will NOT lose Week 14.  

That's a fact drop right there.

There is a non-zero chance a COVID-impacted game gets moved to Week 14.

I think Quez ends up just ok, but disappointing compared to all the pre-season hype he's getting. Something around 400 yards and 3-4 TD's. I also see a tough time for Reagor. He'll flash once in a awhile but mostly go quiet during games. Then he'll start trying to one hand catch passes so he can post a picture of himself on twitter and pat himself on the back. 

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

There is a non-zero chance a COVID-impacted game gets moved to Week 14.

Are they going to use the bye week? When do they make the team forfeit?

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Are they going to use the bye week? When do they make the team forfeit?

They won't make a team forfeit. They are just all talk to get the players to try to be responsible. They will move games to bye weeks, or move them to Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday like last year. All they said was they won't add an extra week. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The Eagles will NOT lose Week 14.  

That's a fact drop right there.

What's the over under...

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think Quez ends up just ok, but disappointing compared to all the pre-season hype he's getting. Something around 400 yards and 3-4 TD's. I also see a tough time for Reagor. He'll flash once in a awhile but mostly go quiet during games. Then he'll start trying to one hand catch passes so he can post a picture of himself on twitter and pat himself on the back. 

Huge range of possible outcomes for Quez. The talent seems to be there and the target share will be there if he continues improving. I could see anywhere from 300 to 1,000 yards and not be shocked either way.

9 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Biggest jump -- Genard Avery

My real answer here is Quez, but that's a little too easy since he's destined for a massive increase in production based on increased reps alone.

Avery is tagged for a rush LB role, which is what he should have always been doing. I don't think 5+ sacks is out of the question.

Decline -- Rodney McLeod

This one was kinda tough, but McLeod is a safe bet given he's coming off of injury and was slowed up for the season after his first knee injury. Precedent is hard to ignore.

Avery still needs to show that he can occasionally drop into coverage as well.

Lining him and only having him ever rush from the SAM spot will get figured out quick.

Gannon seems like a sharp guy, I imagine the Defense will look absolutely nothing like it did in pre season as Gannon didn't scheme anything at all, kept everything real close to the vest.

Once his d gets on film offensive coordinates will adjust and hopefully he does as well 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Lining him and only having him ever rush from the SAM spot will get figured out quick.

Gannon seems like a sharp guy, I imagine the Defense will look absolutely nothing like it did in pre season as Gannon didn't scheme anything at all, kept everything real close to the vest.

Once his d gets on film offensive coordinates will adjust and hopefully he does as well 

Generally agree, although Avery's coverage ability won't be judged as harshly as Singleton or Wilson's.

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

Generally agree, although Avery's coverage ability won't be judged as harshly as Singleton or Wilson's.

For sure!

4 minutes ago, Veejer said:

Awesome new digs...

You should check out the home theatre in the basement!

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I mean Wilson has shown he's pretty good in coverage question is can he be a better tackler in the run game 

We've seen singleton run all over and make tackles but can get cover?

Be interesting to watch these guys soar or fall off a cliff.

9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I know that Sirianni and Gannon will show new stuff against the Falcons and Niners.

I have a feeling that they'll be holding a few things back for week 3 against Dallas.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I know that Sirianni and Gannon will show new stuff against the Falcons and Niners.

I have a feeling that they'll be holding a few things back for week 3 against Dallas.

Hopefully these new coaches know how big Dallas week is, would love another game like the pickle juice game where eagles just come out and blast them from the beginning before Dallas sucks knows what hit em.

Id settle for Gannon and sirrianni holding everything back the first 2 weeks to then unleash it all on Dallas sucks!

Archived