EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

53 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Yeah - I think your missing his value at this point. The young guys with upside are now your front line guys. It makes total sense to have a veteran back up (reliable depth) working on the scout team (defensive quality control). 

That's why I said to put him on the PS.  Don't need him on the 53 for what you are suggesting.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Or it could have been Josh Allen

Gettleman hated Josh Allen so much he passed over Josh Allen in 2018 and passed over Josh Allen again in 2019.

I can't guarantee Gettleman knew it was 2 different players.

54 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Played well for what we had which was nothing. Like I said I know the idea is to improve all phases of the roster and I don't give a flying F about Ward now that we got some real talent ahead of him. 

I'm just saying let's actually establish talent at 1-3 before we go worrying about the 4/5th guy. 

Don't try making this about me defending ward or even thinking we cant improve on him.  Just saying right now he is sadly the veteran of that group and until Reagor , Smith and Watkins can put up good numbers and stay on the field for a whole season he is veteran depth. Then I would start moving down the line looking for better depth. 

Let's not pretend like people weren't in love with Avant I said for years we need to get better there cause he was to slow and gave us nothing other then move the chains a few times a season and I got killed for it. 

We had to argue over garbage for  how many seasons because of having no one. I'm not about to argue over garbage now that w have actual talent. 

Why can't it be both?   By churning the 4th and 5th slot, maybe you find a #3.  Ward has a role... but for this year, that role can be accomplished on the PS.  No team was going to snap him up on the cut down day, and they could have protected him, if worried after that.

Avant was a different case.  He was a ST standout as well.  Ward is a ST liability.

27 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Smith is an admitted introvert. The beats state Ward is one of the most popular players in the locker room.  Working together in the offseason?  Hurts, Watkins and Ward.  There is something to be said for the role in the locker room.  There is something to be said how Watkins adopted Wards and Hurts work ethic.  Smith has it too.  Intangible worth. But not a worth that should hold a roster spot alone.    Smith will always be a better receiver than Ward but as a leader in the locker room?  Hard to say.  Ward is barely 26.  He’s not old.  Fulgham is 26 too.  

I didn't say he was old, I said maxed out.  All those things with Ward works on the PS.  Still around the team, still working out with them, etc.  

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why can't it be both?   By churning the 4th and 5th slot, maybe you find a #3.  Ward has a role... but for this year, that role can be accomplished on the PS.  No team was going to snap him up on the cut down day, and they could have protected him, if worried after that.

Avant was a different case.  He was a ST standout as well.  Ward is a ST liability.

Fair enough man. I'm ok with him for at least this year though. So we are just gonna have to disagree on this for now. 

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hating on Ward is so 2020. Set your sights on other JAGs across the roster like Singleton

Why can't I set my sights on all of the JAGs?  I'm very disappointed that the team didn't look to add cast offs from elsewhere to look to upgrade our weakest spots.  

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why can't I set my sights on all of the JAGs?  I'm very disappointed that the team didn't look to add cast offs from elsewhere to look to upgrade our weakest spots.  

Go for it. I just wanted to pull the pin on that LB grenade first. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Go for it. I just wanted to pull the pin on that LB grenade first. 

Lmao!! I think you may get a few hits on that one 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That list is misleading, well I should say looks worse then it is. There really in only like 3 players that might be in danger of not playing. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

That list misleading, well I should say looks worse then it is. There really in only like 3 players that might be in danger of not playing. 

Yea, just protocol they have to list all the guys who rested yesterday as FP since they were technically limited yesterday. McLeod and JJAW are only really the two up in the air for the game. Maddox is a new addition but doesn't seem like its anything serious. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, just protocol they have to list all the guys who rested yesterday as FP since they were technically limited yesterday. McLeod and JJAW are only really the two up in the air for the game. Maddox is a new addition but doesn't seem like its anything serious. 

Epps as well. 

Oh well, it seems like the niners fans think it's a great thing for them lol. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Epps as well. 

Practiced two days in a row and had a helmet on today running around. Sounds like he's basically in the last step of the protocol and should be cleared if no setbacks. 

19 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'd love to see how you'd react to a truly amazing cheese.

Ok Urkel….

4BD0F897-4B26-40E2-BA0A-E0F955B57104.jpeg

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Guy's an introvert. Feel like that's kinda unusual for high end WRs. Don't hate the "stay home and watch film" angle. 

As long as he doesn't start eating his lunch in the car by himself I think we're good

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

Humphries is the #3 only because Curtis Samuel is on IR. Othewise it would be McLaurin #1, Samuel #2, Brown #3 and Humphries #4 - he was brought in the be the #4 WR.

Toney is faster and has more potential then Ward, which is why he was a #1 round pick, regardless of what people think about him.

All that other stuff about rounds, being a QB in college, etc is all fluff and means nothing. All that matters is where he is as a #4, which IMHO is probably one of the worst in the league.

So good value for a #1 pick, a #4 WR with potential.  Ouch.  Huge reach considering the top three WRs and other values at positions more at need for the giants. 
Fine, we should spend more to improve our #4 WR.  Brown was a #3 draft choice.  

Humphries is on a one year prove it contract to show he can be healthy.  When he is good, he is very good but his issue has been availability.  I hate to say it but Samuel plus Humphries equals 1 WR because of the combination of consistency and availability.

Toney could flop or progress, who knows? You assume he has more potential than Ward.  The NFL is littered with failed first round WRs.  I liked Toney as a late second day, third day pick not as a first.  Because he is a crap shoot player.  He’s comp is probably Josh Huff.

LeanMean tagged it right, there are greater needs than upgrading our #4 or #5 WR. 

Practiced two days in a row and had a helmet on today running around. Sounds like he's basically in the last step of the protocol and should be cleared if no setbacks. 

Really?  I just know that he has to go through protocols.  That alone means that he has some hurdles... but it's good to hear, because he is one of only 3 safeties on the roster, and McLeod is still up in the air.   Not sure I buy Chachere as a safety.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Really?  I just know that he has to go through protocols.  That alone means that he has some hurdles... but it's good to hear, because he is one of only 3 safeties on the roster, and McLeod is still up in the air.   Not sure I buy Chachere as a safety.

It is really good to hear that Epps is back in practice and seems to be ready to pass the concussion protocol. We definitely need him back and ready to go on Sunday. 

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I didn't say he was old, I said maxed out.  All those things with Ward works on the PS.  Still around the team, still working out with them, etc.  

A year and a third playing WR in the NFL and maxed out.  Why?  I just don’t get that.  His route running last year compared to 2019 was night and day and so much better to his first TC when he didn’t stick.  So Eagles can cherry pick PSs and they could have made waiver claims at the cutdown.   Did you see someone that you think might develop to a #3 that is or was available?   I really didn’t.  

Archived