EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Also Ray Lewis was 260-265 I believe. Total different game 

Ah... so you went that direction with it.  I thought you were merely saying that a team built around a great defense couldn't make the playoffs.   You are literally saying that the 2000 Ravens, with those particular players built for that era wouldn't make the playoffs.   Sure.  And the 1970s Steelers wouldn't either.  

My point is that if a team is built for defense and can actually do what they did, they would absolutely make the playoffs.  I think the better point would be to say that a team can't really be built to win on defense like the 2000 Ravens anymore because of the rule changes.  That is likely an accurate assessment.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ray Lewis was never that heavy.  Not even close.  Like 240-245.  He wasn’t that tall or big.  

He was 255 that year. I know he played much lighter later in his career. I thought I heard in an interview it was 30lbs lighter. Must have been closer to 20

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Ah... so you went that direction with it.  I thought you were merely saying that a great team built around a defense couldn't make the playoffs.   You are literally saying that the 2000 Ravens, with those particular players built for that era wouldn't make the playoffs.   Sure.  And the 1970s Steelers wouldn't either.  

My point is that if a team is built for defense and can actually do what they did, they would absolutely make the playoffs.  I think the better point would be to say that a team can't really be built to win on defense like the 2000 Ravens anymore because of the rule changes.  That is likely an accurate assessment.

Oh thanks. I’ll make sure I run my posts by you going forward… 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think we should want the Giants to win this.  As much as I hate them.  I think the Redskins are more of a threat.   

Greends meteor. 

Just now, jwill2420 said:

Saquon Barkley another overrated Penn ST player. 

Very likely true. However you were never going to see the best of barkley cause the giants oline has been consistently bad since getting there.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think we should want the Giants to win this.  As much as I hate them.  I think the Redskins are more of a threat.   

I was thinking before this crap game started that the giants would be because they have some good/ great offensive talent. Well that doenst matter anymore cause the line is that freaking bad and Barkley isn't healthy enough yet to make up for the lack of a line...

14 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Judge came from NE, which is heavily into analytics. Carolina wasn’t until Tepper bought the team. 

Yeah, I know their roots. I agree that it was probably Ron Rivera. The Giants as an organization have never been a heavy analytics team, and Joe Judge doesn't strike as me as a coach who is, and he definitely isn't one who will want to take suggestions during a game from someone else.

The Patriots use analysis for some things. I'm not sure game situations is one of them.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Very likely true. However you were never going to see the best of barkley cause the giants oline has been consistently bad since getting there.  

I don't necessarily think he is overrated. It's hard enough to come off of injury it's even harder with that line he can easily bounce back but unfortunately they are going to need a miracle to make that line mediocre for Barkley to even get his legs under him

3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Saquon Barkley another overrated Penn ST player. 

I strongly disliked the Sanders pick but it’s turning out to be a very good pick. Not Westbrook in the 3rd round good but pretty damn good. 

Now the DE they took in the 4th. Drawing a blank on his name… real dumb 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

True. The thing is Barkley was supposed to be a generational talent and he’s been average at best. 

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, I know their roots. I agree that it was probably Ron Rivera. The Giants as an organization have never been a heavy analytics team, and Joe Judge doesn't strike as me as a coach who is, and he definitely isn't one who will want to take suggestions during a game from someone else.

The Patriots use analysis for some things. I'm not sure game situations is one of them.

That’s true. 

Just now, jwill2420 said:

True. The thing is Barkley was supposed to be a generational talent and he’s been average at best. 

Come on Barkley has been better than average. That’s just dumb. 

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I strongly disliked the Sanders pick but it’s turning out to be a very good pick. Not Westbrook in the 3rd round good but pretty damn good. 

Qeef miller

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Sanders only issue is he dances a little too much. Just take what they give you. Leaves a lot of yards on the field. 

This Kid Gainwell is surprising. Excellent pass catcher. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't necessarily think he is overrated. It's hard enough to come off of injury it's even harder with that line he can easily bounce back but unfortunately they are going to need a miracle to make that line mediocre for Barkley to even get his legs under him

I’m guessing he looks much better next year as compared to this year as it’s only a year removed from the injury. However the giants oline is the exact reason they shouldn’t have drafted him. They should traded back and stockpiled picks and fixed that oline. Instead now they have a bad QB and a bad oline. They basically have good WRs and barkley on offense. I fully expect they draft another QB high next year with the bears and their own first. 

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Shareef Miller 

Just incase anyone forgot. We took JJAW over McLauren

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

The over/under on this game was set at 40.5, thought that’d be easy to hit but now I’m not sure lol

Both OLines are ****tt 

Just now, ManuManu said:

WTF is the point of replay if they can’t even get that right?

I don't know how they ruled that to stand. It was clear he tripped on that trash field and wasn't down by contact until he was way past the 1st down marker

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

That was a 1st down

One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I don't know how they ruled that to stand. It was clear he tripped on that trash field and wasn't down by contact until he was way past the 1st down marker

No one was anywhere near him. Crazy. 

Archived