EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

True. The thing is Barkley was supposed to be a generational talent and he’s been average at best. 

His rookie year was really good. 2000 total yards. Next year big decline to just 1400 then he got hurt. He really didn’t look good last year in the game and half before he got hurt. I tend to think if put on a better team his numbers are closer to his rookie year. Either way the giants are going to waste his career with gettleman and joe judge in charge 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManuManu said:

One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. 

I might have broken something if that happened to us

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Come on Barkley has been better than average. That’s just dumb. 

You settled for that fat chick didn’t you…

Raise the bar…

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

You settled for that fat chick didn’t you…

Raise the bar…

Yeah basically you’re saying you wouldn’t settle for a super model unless she’s Miss America 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

He has already shaved 53 million off the 2023 cap as well this off season.

Hey I'm not saying he's not a dope lol

5 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

The over/under on this game was set at 40.5, thought that’d be easy to hit but now I’m not sure lol

Thanks for the jinx. I have the under 😂 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His rookie year was really good. 2000 total yards. Next year big decline to just 1400 then he got hurt. He really didn’t look good last year in the game and half before he got hurt. I tend to think I’d put on a better team his numbers are closer to his rookie year. Either way the giants are going to waste his career with gettleman and joe judge in charge 

Running back is one of those positions that relies on a lot to look good. Right now he has none of that. Barkley isn't a Jim Brown but, he isn't Barry Sanders either. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Running back is one of those positions that relies on a lot to look good. Right now he has none of that. Barkley isn't a Jim Brown but, he isn't Barry Sanders either. 

the giants never should’ve taken him at two. I’d have been ticked off at the eagles for taking a RB that high with the amount of holes they had and that bad of an oline 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the giants never should’ve taken him at two. I’d have been ticked off at the eagles for taking a RB that high with the amount of holes they had and that bad of an oline 

Oh I agree, it's not Barkley's fault those idiots took him. I'm just pointing out I think Barkley is still and can be elite but, he has no help. 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yeah basically you’re saying you wouldn’t settle for a super model unless she’s Miss America 

Ehh idk about that. There have been some Miss America’s I wouldn’t touch. 😎

Barkley is coming off an ACL injury.  Judging him by the game tonight is ridiculous.   And he's running behind a garbage OL his whole career.   It was foolish for the Giants to take him #2 overall.   That said, calling him average is just biased.

Barkley had 2000 yards from scrimmage his rookie year.   I'd love to know what 'average' RBs have done that.    The Giants offense is Barkley.  Stop him, you stop the Giants, because Jones can't throw.   

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh I agree, it's not Barkley's fault those idiots took him. I'm just pointing out I think Barkley is still and can be elite but, he has no help. 

Correct.  He needs to get over the ACL first though.   And get an OL that can block... and a QB that can throw a little bit.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Judge is making the O line do push-ups in the hallway during halftime.  

😂 Sorry can't just leave a "like" I'm out of those lol. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Correct.  He needs to get over the ACL first though.   And get an OL that can block... and a QB that can throw a little bit.

Yeah he will end up on IR trying to come back from that ACL with that crap

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It still blows my mind that they didn't take Darnold or Chubb. Even if they didn't like Darnold for whatever reason, Chubb was a slam dunk

Colts seem like an odd choice.  Good team but likely not great.  Not a ton of drama.  Not a ton of big personalities. Not a big market.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a football team but can't imagine that makes great TV. Relatively speaking.

Just now, DEagle7 said:

Colts seem like an odd choice.  Good team but likely not great.  Not a ton of drama.  Not a ton of big personalities. Not a big market.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a football team but can't imagine that makes great TV. Relatively speaking.

Oh there is plenty of drama going on there lol

Just now, DEagle7 said:

I wonder what goes into the choice. For awhile I believe it had to be a team who hadn’t been on in so many years and missed the playoffs in consecutive years? I could be wrong 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh there is plenty of drama going on there lol

I mean maybe with Carson. But still I can think of plenty of teams with more compelling backstories right now.  Saints, Patriots, 49ers, Jags, Cardinals, Rams etc etc etc.

Archived