EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This make me sad.   I was hoping for Scam Newton to go to Dallas.  

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/dallas-cowboys-have-claimed-a-new-quarterback

I always liked Will Grier too.  WVU goes through phases where they have a really fun team to watch and he was the great for them.  

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

OK, @Eagles, hear me out...Jalen Hurts, Gardner Minshew, shark movie...sorta like Deep Blue Sea meets Jaws but with a philly theme to it...like the main guy gets eaten by a shark right away and is replaced by another actor.

Should we be concerned?  I don't like the sounds of that.  If it was originally minor, that means it got worse and him saying that he should be good to go doesn't sound 100% positive either.

Elliott was having a great pre-season too.  Let's hope the injury doesn't linger.

42 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm glad there isn't a timer on it. I can't imagine how many days years of my life I've spent on here since the original one.

I mean I don't know what year I started posting but it was prior to the EMB switching formats in 2003.  

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Should we be concerned?  I don't like the sounds of that.  If it was originally minor, that means it got worse and him saying that he should be good to go doesn't sound 100% positive either.

Elliott was having a great pre-season too.  Let's hope the injury doesn't linger.

He was still kicking in the last game and at practice. They just didn't have him doing kick offs. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Isn’t Lanes ankle not 100% too?

It never will be 100% again but given that they restructured his contract they must not think it's terrible. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What side item is Deshaun bringing?

The eggplant.

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think lethal weapon starting minshew and hurts works better. 

C8499BFD-7CBD-46AA-87BB-F37DA897C41F.jpeg

Freudian slip?  :unsure: 

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Who is one player you think will make a big jump this year? 

Who is one player you think will decline significantly, whether due to age/performance/etc?

I think Quez Watkins will make a big jump.  I mean he had 100 yards receiving last season. I think he will probably be in the range of 600 to 800 yards this season.  I could see Sweat, Barnett or Hargrave as having much better seasons but I just don't think we are likely to see any of the DEs reaching double digit sacks given their rotation and how Gannon may mix up the fronts.  I think the player that is set to decline is McLeod. He's over 30 and coming off his 2nd ACL injury in 3 years.  I just don't think he's going to look good and he will likely lose his starting job even if he is healthy.  

18 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Meh... let Siposs kickoff... Go for 2 most of the time... go for it on 4th down almost all the time.  Save Elliott for the inevitable 61 yarder to win a game at the buzzer.  That's it though.

Archived