EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

It is good to be back.  2020 was a cancer of a year footballwise.  I'm glad it is behind us.  It almost cured me of being a fan forever. 

Yeah, me too, I can honestly say the fire doesn't burn as hot as it used to

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Forgive my ignorance because honestly all I read from PFF are their tweets, but do they explain the reasoning behind their numbers? Or do they just throw out those tweets and let us figure out how they came to them?

They have an explanation of them on their site. It’s complicated. 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well first off, I wasn't talking to you.  So get the f over yourself.  I was responding to Afan and his justification of why we looked so bad at home, on offense yesterday.  Sorry that tweaks your nipples.  Glad to see you're on the same side as AFan.  Good company to keep.  

Jared Goff vs that same defense

image.png.2d97d03700bc52710dc86a7381cb856f.png

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That is where I am with that defense. Bottom 10 definitely in the 15 range

I was watching the games yesterday and realistically what defense so far this season has been really good. Statistically are the best defense in the league if you go by points per game. They’re only give it Up 11.5 ppg. The Steelers didnt looked great on defense yesterday. However that tends to happen because big ben can’t throw the ball anymore and they get put in bad field positions. The bucs have not looked like they did last year and injuries to corners. Colts have looked average against the Rams and Seahawks. Saints we’re last year and have been solid (jameis really gave Carolina points with his turnovers). Ravens have been bad in both games. Chargers have been good. Cardinals good week one and awful week 2. The Rams have been good but not great  

the defense in the league through two weeks hasn’t been all that impressive across the board. I’m guessing some of the cream of the crop gets better as the season continues but defense across the league has been somewhat underwhelming through 2 weeks. The eagles on ppg are the best in the league but have no turnovers. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Come on gettleman give him that nice extension! 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

:huh: It kind of works tho

Lol i hate my phone lol

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They have an explanation of them on their site. It’s complicated. 

And if you cant explain it simply you dont understand it well enough

pff is alot of junk. Gingo

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Facts?  As in San Fran having a "top defense"?  You mean those kind of facts?  Because that is the point I was arguing before you stuck your self righteous nose in.  

I don't want to go down the Blog rabbit hole of what is "top" versus "good".

IMO, SF's ability to play quality defense impacted the game more than you are giving them credit for.  We're done.

Also, I got my nose from my mother's side of the family.  None of them were self righteous.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jared Goff vs that same defense

image.png.2d97d03700bc52710dc86a7381cb856f.png

Look at that QBR. Impressive lol. 

I have a feeling Goff’s numbers are the end of the year if you just look without context look decent. But the lions record will be awful 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

As much as I defend PFF for giving us a rough idea of how a player is playing, I don’t put anything into their QB grades. There are far too many variables at play.

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

And if you cant explain it simply you dont understand it well enough

pff is alot of junk. Gingo

Alrighty then. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But wait, it gets better

Well boys we got us a top 3 quarterback finally

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But wait, it gets better

Give him credit he finally nailed his proclamation that matthews is better than jeffery only took 5 years when jeffery is basically done. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

As much as I defend PFF for giving us a rough idea of how a player is playing, I don’t put anything into their QB grades. There are far too many variables at play.

Yea I have no idea what curve they are grading on for QB's. The only one that makes sense is Brady and maybe Murray.  Tannehill has 1 TD and 1 INT in 2 games and is #4?

1. Brady

2. Hurts.

3. Cousins

4. Tannehill

5. Murray

Now if he can eliminate the INTs , and get a OL that can block 

Zach Wilson has been pressured on 50% of his dropbacks per PFF and hit or sacked on 29.3%, the highest rates in the league.

Possibly the loss may have made us all a bit snippy. How about we agree on a couple things maybe?

San Fran has a good defense

Hurts didn't play well yesterday but he's still developing.

Siri didn't do him any favors down in the red zone.

Reagor needs to be more aware 

Our Defense played very well.

Some of us think PFF is ridiculous and some of us don't.

We play the Cowboys on Monday night I really, really, don't want to lose that one.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea I have no idea what curve they are grading on for QB's. The only one that makes sense is Brady and maybe Murray.  Tannehill has 1 TD and 1 INT in 2 games and is #4?

1. Brady

2. Hurts.

3. Cousins

4. Tannehill

5. Murray

I know the OL has been really bad in Tannehill’s case, and he had some brutal drops, but yeah, I’m not gonna defend the QB stuff. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The eagles on ppg are the best in the league but have no turnovers. 

Turnovers as a whole are going to be tough to come by in today's league. You can't get near these damn receivers to make a play on the ball consistently enough. Which is why QBs throw 30 touchdowns and have 5-10 picks. That used to be unheard of and Donavon even set a record at one point for the touchdown to interception ratio. Now it's pretty standard. Unless your name is Jamies I eat W's for dinner Winston. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Turnovers as a whole are going to be tough to come by in today's league. You can't get near these damn receivers to make a play on the ball consistently enough. Which is why QBs throw 30 touchdowns and have 5-10 picks. That used to be unheard of and Donavon even set a record at one point for the touchdown to interception ratio. Now it's pretty standard. Unless your name is Jamies I eat W's for dinner Winston. 

And unless you're the Niners secondary who seemed to be getting plenty handsy yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wrong:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/9/19/22683096/ranking-nfl-interceptions-week-2-morning

Archived