EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Turnovers as a whole are going to be tough to come by in today's league. You can't get near these damn receivers to make a play on the ball consistently enough. Which is why QBs throw 30 touchdowns and have 5-10 picks. That used to be unheard of and Donavon even set a record at one point for the touchdown to interception ratio. Now it's pretty standard. Unless your name is Jamies I eat W's for dinner Winston. 

Idk having 0 is bad. Even the Cowboys have 6 through 2 games. Some of thats just luck but there’s at least 4 which were just good plays and making plays. This screams more that the eagles just really don’t have very good playmakers in their back 7. Slay isn’t the playmaker he was 3-4 years ago. Harris isn’t. Wallace is inexperienced. And Nelson is a solid corner not sure he’s a big time playmaker. Linebackers don’t get me started. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, greend said:

Possibly the loss may have made us all a bit snippy. How about we agree on a couple things maybe?

San Fran has a good defense

Hurts didn't play well yesterday but he's still developing.

Siri didn't do him any favors down in the red zone.

Reagor needs to be more aware 

Our Defense played very well.

Some of us think PFF is ridiculous and some of us don't.

We play the Cowboys on Monday night I really, really, don't want to lose that one.

You forgot:

The refs are terrible

There are too many commercials 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Turnovers as a whole are going to be tough to come by in today's league. You can't get near these damn receivers to make a play on the ball consistently enough. Which is why QBs throw 30 touchdowns and have 5-10 picks. That used to be unheard of and Donavon even set a record at one point for the touchdown to interception ratio. Now it's pretty standard. Unless your name is Jamies I eat W's for dinner Winston. 

Half the defenses have forced at least 3 turnovers through two weeks.  Dallas defense has 6.  We are one of the 3 teams with none, along with Jacksonville and Green Bay, and I am sure Green Bay will correct that tonight.  So it will be us and the Jags with none.

Odd there hasn't been an update on Brooks. With it being so quiet and the fact that a trainer was holding his arm to immobilize it as he walked to the locker room makes me think its bad.

And why doesn't Sirianni do pressers the day after?

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But wait, it gets better

I did think he had a good game.

Good throws, no turnovers.. 

We lost, so I guess that is all that matters to most people.

Just now, downundermike said:

Half the defenses have forced at least 3 turnovers through two weeks.  Dallas defense has 6.  We are one of the 3 teams with none, along with Jacksonville and Green Bay, and I am sure Green Bay will correct that tonight.  So it will be us and the Jags with none.

And this has been an issue for way too long now. But hey its not surprising when we use a lack of premium picks on the DBs.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk having 0 is bad. Even the Cowboys have 6 through 2 games. Some of thats just luck but there’s at least 4 which we’re just good plays and making plays. This screams more that the eagles just really don’t have very good playmakers in their back 7. Slay isn’t the playmaker he was 3-4 years ago. Harris isn’t. Wallace is inexperienced. And Nelson is a solid corner not sure he’s a big time playmaker. Linebackers don’t get me started. 

Should have had 3 turnovers yesterday.  Harris and I think Nelson both dropped ints and the fumble recovery got negated by a personal foul.  The opportunities are there but they need to start capitalizing. 

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Sums up where we are as a country in my opinion

I hope the league can do some rule change with that. It has already ruined drives and will likely really hurt games in the future

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Possibly the loss may have made us all a bit snippy. How about we agree on a couple things maybe?

San Fran has a good defense

Hurts didn't play well yesterday but he's still developing.

Siri didn't do him any favors down in the red zone.

Reagor needs to be more aware 

Our Defense played very well.

Some of us think PFF is ridiculous and some of us don't.

We play the Cowboys on Monday night I really, really, don't want to lose that one.

I was disappointed that our Dline didn't do more before BG was injured. That used to be our strength. I think there was once again a few 'almost picks' yesterday. Maybe later on it'll turn into actual picks more often

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk having 0 is bad. Even the Cowboys have 6 through 2 games. Some of thats just luck but there’s at least 4 which were just good plays and making plays. This screams more that the eagles just really don’t have very good playmakers in their back 7. Slay isn’t the playmaker he was 3-4 years ago. Harris isn’t. Wallace is inexperienced. And Nelson is a solid corner not sure he’s a big time playmaker. Linebackers don’t get me started. 

Well yes the eagles need more play makers but this is also the first couple of weeks it's always sloppy. 

41 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Should have had 3 turnovers yesterday.  Harris and I think Nelson both dropped ints and the fumble recovery got negated by a personal foul.  The opportunities are there but they need to start capitalizing. 

Same issue they had years past. Playmakers make the play. Guys who aren’t come close and we discuss how they should’ve had this many. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Again that's 2 weeks when play is always sloppy. See how many turnovers or interceptions are thrown by the end of the season. I'm willing to bet as a whole they are down from years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Infam said:

I did think he had a good game.

Good throws, no turnovers.. 

We lost, so I guess that is all that matters to most people.

Take away the Watkins play, he does not even throw for 100 yards.

He completed 52% of his passes.

He led the team to 3 points before the game was decided.

He under threw multiple receivers, and still is not completing any passes in the middle of the field.

He completed 4 passes in the entire second half.

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/02/nfl-interception-rate-decline

I'm talking about the league as a whole not just a couple of weeks of sloppy play in the beginning of the season. 

Screenshot_20210920-141950.png

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Kelce was...disappointing

He looks about 25lbs lighter.  I hope that will not hurt us when he goes against big dudes.

45 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gotta give him credit... he got into the end zone against Washington this year... even though the run was called back for a penalty.   #puttinginthework

PFF's QB grades are the worst.  

Wasnt the point made last week that the direction of NFL passing is going towards the "layups and three pointer"  line of thinking?

Sirianni was right on the money after the game that it is likely a vastly different scenario if we go up 10-0.  

We're still figuring things out.  We dont need to throw over the middle or intermediate just to do it.  

We need to run the ball well and develop stuff off of that.  We need to give Smith, Goedert, Ertz easy win routes to get Hurts some momentum.

We scored 30+ in week 1 by keeping things simple and just executing.  Thats how the 2021 Eagles can win, not by trying things we know we cant do consistently

28 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Now if he can eliminate the INTs , and get a OL that can block 

Zach Wilson has been pressured on 50% of his dropbacks per PFF and hit or sacked on 29.3%, the highest rates in the league.

Not trying to be a grump but does anyone really care?  I see all these next gen stats and I shrug.  It's not a tangible stat.  I don't care that Quez Watkins was running 21 mph.  He still got caught.  This applies to all sports.  No one asked for these stats and we are force fed them like they really mean something.  

38 minutes ago, greend said:

Well boys we got us a top 3 quarterback finally

Why is 'running' a category for a QB in the NFL? 

:blink:

20 minutes ago, RLC said:

The left side has been very good. Kelce was...disappointing yesterday. Dickerson was rough early before he settled down too. 

Yesterday was one of the first times I've seen Kelce really get manhandled.  Easily one of his worst games from a basic viewer standpoint.  

Archived