EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Just came across this, thought it was interesting compared to Hurts:

Limiting and completely avoiding are different.  There are more throws in the middle of the field and in the 10-20 range for Darnold by a significant margin.  And there are a lot more throws to the left as well.  

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/02/nfl-interception-rate-decline

I'm talking about the league as a whole not just a couple of weeks of sloppy play in the beginning of the season. 

Screenshot_20210920-141950.png

Mostly because defenders can't touch receivers anymore.   This is what the league wanted.  They kept tweaking and twisting the rules until the offenses have become juggernauts.  Defenses really can't compete any more.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Limiting and completely avoiding are different.  There are more throws in the middle of the field and in the 10-20 range for Darnold by a significant margin.  And there are a lot more throws to the left as well.  

Yes and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it universally accepted that Darnold kind of, you know....sucks?

Poor company for Jalen "Rocket Arm" Hurts.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Darnold is completing 68.5% of his passes and has as much total offense has Hurts.  And the Panthers are 2-0.

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not trying to be a grump but does anyone really care?  I see all these next gen stats and I shrug.  It's not a tangible stat.  I don't care that Quez Watkins was running 21 mph.  He still got caught.  This applies to all sports.  No one asked for these stats and we are force fed them like they really mean something.  

Sports are all about stats  , it’s just the way it is , wins and losses are stats .

Wide receivers caught one pass after the first quarter.  7 of Hurts completions in the first quarter, that means he completed 5 passes over the last 3 quarters.

Guest justrelax
15 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Gainwell's progress should have an impact on whether they give Sanders a second contract.

After watching Mahomes and Jackson, I can't see Hurts in the same conversation.  Maybe he gets close to the Wilson and Prescott level.  Until he can show competence throwing the ball between the hashes, I'm looking at other options in 2022.  I'd hate to be one of those teams good enough to make playoffs most seasons, yet not good enough at QB to win a playoff game on the road.

What? This is just silly. You clearly imply that Jackson is better than Wilson, and that's just, well. silly. And not being as good as Mahomes puts him in the company of oh, maybe 30 other starting QBs.

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Sports are all about stats  , it’s just the way it is , wins and losses are stats .

I get that but at the end of the year, at the end of a career, players and coaches are judged by tangible stats...wins, yards, TDS, INTs, sacks....no one is ever going to go to the HOF because they ran 22 mph (sorry Davion).  

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Darnold is completing 68.5% of his passes and has as much total offense has Hurts.  And the Panthers are 2-0.

Carolina is playing well on defense. Watching that game the panthers went up 17 and got into a lull for about 2 quarters until the defense created some turnovers and short fields. Darnold is playing good though. It’s amazing what happens when you get away from Gase and the Jets. They were my sleeper team this year cause they had a young defense. I loved their picks of burns and horn the past couple years. If darnold was just solid to good it was an upgrade to bridgewater especially with the skill position players they have. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

MPH isn't a stat.  It's a customary unit of speed.  

Fight me.  

JFC , 🙄 JFC🙄

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Mostly because defenders can't touch receivers anymore.   This is what the league wanted.  They kept tweaking and twisting the rules until the offenses have become juggernauts.  Defenses really can't compete any more.

Well in our case a lot of times they bounce off our brick hands.

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I've decided my new nickname for Hurts moving forward is going to be Brucie.

That'll really piss them off if they get the reference lol

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I get that but at the end of the year, at the end of a career, players and coaches are judged by tangible stats...wins, yards, TDS, INTs, sacks....no one is ever going to go to the HOF because they ran 22 mph (sorry Davion).  

I don’t see why you are so disturbed by how fast someone ran , do you follow the combine ?  I’m guessing no , seeings as those types of stats don’t matter according to you .

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's even funnier because Brucie wears number 1 as well 😂

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Sorry I just ate a bucket of popcorn I had butter on my hands

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why is 'running' a category for a QB in the NFL? 

:blink:

The position has evolved, a lot of QBs run now. 

Guest justrelax

Overall view: We were right there. The difference was when we needed to stop them on short yardage we didn't and when they needed to stop us on short yardage they did. They were a little more efficient, especially with the QB sneaks. Hurts was not the reason we lost. I would argue that Gannon's inability to adjust to the toss plays was far more damaging.

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

It's even funnier because Brucie wears number 1 as well 😂

Oh I was just showing him a few wrestling moves 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wide receivers caught one pass after the first quarter.

We also only completed 4 passes in the second half. 

Everyone has their own opinions and thoughts. But i try to watch games over taking my fandom out of it to just watch it as if i were watching another team like when we had discussions during the ravens raiders game. start watching games less from a eagles fan perspective and more from just a football fan perspective it makes for less bias and irritation in conversations. Also watch the better teams in the league when the all 22 becomes available. With a rebuilding type of year if you can removed your fandom and see how the good teams/QBs perform consistently it’ll give a better perspective on where we need to get to and where we currently sit. Not saying the eagles flat out suck. That’s not true but i think we want things to be true so bad we make more excuses up for guys whether that was wentz, Hurts or whomever we truly like on the team or a fan of 

Just now, WentzFan11 said:

The position has evolved, a lot of QBs run now. 

Yes when they need to or in a designed run. We're talking about QBs that run because they can't read the field or don't have the arm to get the ball where it needs to go. 

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I don’t see why you are so disturbed by how fast someone ran , do you follow the combine ?  I’m guessing no , seeings as those types of stats don’t matter according to you .

I'm not disturbed and believe it or not, I love watching the combine. It was just a statement about how many different next gen stats they throw at us now.  Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We also only completed 4 passes in the second half. 

I had edited before you quoted.

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wide receivers caught one pass after the first quarter.  7 of Hurts completions in the first quarter, that means he completed 5 passes over the last 3 quarters.

Archived