EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We also only completed 4 passes in the second half. 

Everyone has their own opinions and thoughts. But i try to watch games over taking my fandom out of it to just watch it as if i were watching another team like when we had discussions during the ravens raiders game. start watching games less from a eagles fan perspective and more from just a football fan perspective it makes for less bias and irritation in conversations. Also watch the better teams in the league when the all 22 becomes available. With a rebuilding type of year if you can removed your fandom and see how the good teams/QBs perform consistently it’ll give a better perspective on where we need to get to and where we currently sit. Not saying the eagles flat out suck. That’s not true but i think we want things to be true so bad we make more excuses up for guys whether that was wentz, Hurts or whomever we truly like on the team or a fan of 

I don't like any of them 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes when they need to or in a designed run. We're talking about QBs that run because they can't read the field or don't have the arm to get the ball where it needs to go. 

That response was in regards to why Running is a category for a QB. It’s not 1980 anymore. 

7 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Overall view: We were right there. The difference was when we needed to stop them on short yardage we didn't and when they needed to stop us on short yardage they did. They were a little more efficient, especially with the QB sneaks. Hurts was not the reason we lost. I would argue that Gannon's inability to adjust to the toss plays was far more damaging.

Idk about that when you complete just 4 passes in the second half that’s a pretty big problem. And it’s not all on Hurts either but he had some underthrows and missed guys open when he decided to stay with first read. He actually nearly had a puck going to smith doing that. I think the defense like you said had its problems. Hasty’s run was a big play in that game. I’d also argue dropping turnovers, dumb penalties and really the eagles lacked pressure consistently all game. When you have 2 QB hits and 0 sacks (sacks not as telling sometimes) it showed lack of pressure. If they don’t get better pressure going forward dak, mahomes and Brady will capitalize on them. 

8 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Overall view: We were right there. The difference was when we needed to stop them on short yardage we didn't and when they needed to stop us on short yardage they did. They were a little more efficient, especially with the QB sneaks. Hurts was not the reason we lost. I would argue that Gannon's inability to adjust to the toss plays was far more damaging.

I would argue that Hurts and Siri are both at fault for the loss and the defense played their arses off.

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Wonder if this is pure stupidity or because Hurts is limited. Probably both.

It keeps coming back to this. I just think Hurts is limited. 

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Wonder if this is pure stupidity or because Hurts is limited. Probably both.

Frankly i like using Hurts legs and athleticism inside the 5. Use it cause that’s something you should take advantage of. That said if you don’t trust sanders and gainwell inside the 5 running the ball to punch it in then maybe activate Jordan howard who’s considered a bigger back then both. 

Inexcusable for Sirianni not to have better play designs in the RZ or a better approach to it.

If it were me:

1st and Goal from the 1

QB sneak Hurts 

QB sneak Hurts

QB sneak Hurts

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wide receivers caught one pass after the first quarter.  8 of Hurts completions in the first quarter, that means he completed 4 passes over the last 3 quarters.

That is perfectly acceptable - for a 1970's wishbone QB.

1 minute ago, greend said:

I would argue that Hurts and Siri are both at fault for the loss and the defense played their arses off.

Defense played well enough to win but they weren’t perfect either. They had turnovers there that they just didn’t make. Bad penalties (Wallace less so then Barnett— i still contend they would’ve had more of a point to call the penalty on Harris for his forearm to the back of the helmet then Wallace).  I’d also add the pass rush really wasn’t that good. They had 2 QB hits and 0 sacks. Imo hargrave was good. Arguably our best player so far this year and everyone kind of was just there for the ride. 

Just now, greend said:

Yeah the defense is not an issue. The niners broke a few plays on them but, that happens. The important thing is they still held the niners to only  17 points. 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I had edited before you quoted.

The other issue here is we have ertz and goedert who imo our your best weapons on offense. As much as i like smith and Watkins, they aren’t there yet. Smith as great as he can be is still a rookie and he’s going to have ups and downs. Watkins had a great game but he didn’t play much his rookie year so same with him. When you have just 11 targets to goedert and ertz over two games that’s not nearly enough. They should be averaging at least 11 targets a game between the two if not more. 

Guest justrelax
4 minutes ago, greend said:

The defense played hard and well but Gannon did them no favors by failing to adjust to the toss plays. Shanahan made an offensive adjustment and Gannon failed to counter.

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yikes. 

complicate for wr and or the QB?   SO with only one wr option, it either works or it doesnt... LOL

Yeah what happened to the Run pass run options?

Basically a very simple offense, one read.  and yes YIKES. 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk about that when you complete just 4 passes in the second half that’s a pretty big problem. And it’s not all on Hurts either but he had some underthrows and missed guys open when he decided to stay with first read. He actually nearly had a puck going to smith doing that. I think the defense like you said had its problems. Hasty’s run was a big play in that game. I’d also argue dropping turnovers, dumb penalties and really the eagles lacked pressure consistently all game. When you have 2 QB hits and 0 sacks (sacks not as telling sometimes) it showed lack of pressure. If they don’t get better pressure going forward dak, mahomes and Brady will capitalize on them. 

Jordan Howard isn't the answer.  I've been vocal in saying that Boston Scott is a JAG.  Hell, the guy doesn't have a single snap on offense yet this year.  However, in 2019 he had 14 red zone carries and scored on 5 of them (thanks Reuben Frank).  

I honestly have no idea what the Eagles want their running game to be.  

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Defense played well enough to win but they weren’t perfect either. They had turnovers there that they just didn’t make. Bad penalties (Wallace less so then Barnett— i still contend they would’ve had more of a point to call the penalty on Harris for his forearm to the back of the helmet then Wallace).  I’d also add the pass rush really wasn’t that good. They had 2 QB hits and 0 sacks. Imo hargrave was good. Arguably our best player so far this year and everyone kind of was just there for the ride. 

If you are waiting for either side to be "perfect" you will never be happy.

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

complicate for wr and or the QB?   SO with only one wr option, it either works or it doesnt... LOL

Yeah what happened to the Run pass run options?

Basically a very simple offense, one read.  and yes YIKES. 

Until Hurts proves he can see more then one read then I guess that is all we will get. 

Unless Nick is really dumbing it down for him which like you said yikes lol

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah the defense is not an issue. The niners broke a few plays on them but, that happens. The important thing is they still held the niners to only  17 points. 

Agreed.  Gannon's approach is to not give up the big play.  The forty-yarder to Samuel was the exception (bad angle by Wallace) and it directly led to the first TD.

IMO, the offense needed to convert their opportunities to score.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

The defense played hard and well but Gannon did them no favors by failing to adjust to the toss plays. Shanahan made an offensive adjustment and Gannon failed to counter.

Adjustments is part of the issue. Also might have contributed that the niners had 35 mins of possession and eventually that dam is going to break. 

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

They scored a total of 17 points bro. there is no fault that falls to the defense. We scored 11 points at home 11!

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Agreed.  Gannon's approach is to not give up the big play.  The forty-yarder to Samuel was the exception (bad angle by Wallace) and it directly led to the first TD.

IMO, the offense needed to convert their opportunities to score.

Exactly, if your offense can't overcome 17 points in today's game your offense is the problem, a huge problem. 

Archived