EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Thats true... passing is easier than its ever been.

They should probably add TD celebrations for WRs....it's not 1980 anymore after all

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At some point he has talent around him to be more than just 1 QB hit and 1 sack. Love fletcher but even if he’s doubled that’s not good enough. If we get to 8 games and that’s still the case that’s half a season. At some point it’s more than just doubles. 

Agreed, while I'll say again they only gave up 17 they are like you said need to do more cause they won't be able to keep holding up with that little bit of pressure for long. 

So until we see more I won't put this on the defense that would be crazy. 

If it continues with lack of pressure then it will most certainly become a defensive issue

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I know the game flow would have been totally different, but hypothetically, if the second FG wasn't blocked, I suspect Sirianni would have taken a third FG at the end of the drive with the 91-yarder to Watkins.  Going up 9-0 makes it a two possession game, knowing we'd get the ball at the beginning of the second half.

I literally said the same thing. That fg block looms large cause they very easily could’ve been up 9-0 with the momentum if it hadn’t gotten blocked and we made it 

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Tom Brady is reason 1-100 on why running should be the last thing evaluated when evaluating a QB. 

And Brady doesn’t have the huge arm either , it’s all from the neck up with him .

At some point he has talent around him to be more than just 1 QB hit and 1 sack. Love fletcher but even if he’s doubled that’s not good enough. If we get to 8 games and that’s still the case that’s half a season. At some point it’s more than just doubles. 

Boy I feel like I'm swimming in a sea of negativity, but understandable I guess after a tough loss.

Cox is not an issue. And frankly, him being doubled is good enough, especially when you see how well Hargrave has played. Finally a good complement to Cox, and teams will have to adjust to Hargrave if he keeps up this level of play. Then, Cox may see single teams once again and pick him his counting stats. But he's playing his part right now, and even with double teams he's been effective. Wasn't his strongest game yesterday, but I also wouldn't put a lot of stock in the final 4 games of last year, rats on a sinking ship and all that. 

I'm not sure it's all that uncommon to have mostly 1-read passes out of goal line... it's not like Nick is making up his own plays from nowhere. They all run the same GL plays.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I've been beating that drum for a while.  Nothing new here.  Giving big money to a guy, even an OL, after 30 and after an Achilles injury, no matter how fast he recovered was too risky.  To make it the richest OG contract was malpractice.

I literally said the same thing. That fg block looms large cause they very easily could’ve been up 9-0 with the momentum if it hadn’t gotten blocked and we made it 

Yeah.   I deleted mine after I saw yours.

With the time left on the clock, SF likely only gets one more possession in the first half and we get the ball at the beginning of the second half.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, while I'll say again they only gave up 17 they are like you said need to do more cause they won't be able to keep holding up with that little bit of pressure for long. 

So until we see more I won't put this on the defense that would be crazy. 

If it continues with lack of pressure then it will most certainly become a defensive issue

You are about to see what’s going to happen if the eagles don’t get good pressure on the QB. 4 of their next 5 games are against Dak, mahomes and Brady along with carr with how he’s playing (was good against the Steelers). If you can’t get to the QB and make life miserable more than just 2 QB hits then it’s going to be a long day each game. Better QBs than Jimmy G with better weapons (imo) will take advantage of the lack of consistent pressure. 

Just now, schuy7 said:

I'm not sure it's all that uncommon to have mostly 1-read passes out of goal line... it's not like Nick is making up his own plays from nowhere. They all run the same GL plays.

I believe he is covering for Hurts.

How can you game plan no throws to the middle of the field and a college offense at the goal line?

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Boy I feel like I'm swimming in a sea of negativity, but understandable I guess after a tough loss.

Cox is not an issue. And frankly, him being doubled is good enough, especially when you see how well Hargrave has played. Finally a good complement to Cox, and teams will have to adjust to Hargrave if he keeps up this level of play. Then, Cox may see single teams once again and pick him his counting stats. But he's playing his part right now, and even with double teams he's been effective. Wasn't his strongest game yesterday, but I also wouldn't put a lot of stock in the final 4 games of last year, rats on a sinking ship and all that. 

At some point it’s ok to expect more than 1 qb hit and 1 sack in 6 games. That’s not being negative it’s being we need more than what we’re currently getting even if he’s not a major issue. I hope with hargrave playing the way he is that he gets going. However hargrave played well down the stretch last year too. It wasn’t like hargrave sucked at the end of the year. They need more from him. I don’t think that’s negative it’s stating the facts the eagles are going to need more from him 

27 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Monday night? Awesome.  I thought I was going to go another 3 weeks without seeing a game. 

I'll be there for Monday night. 

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

True, there is not a lot of room down there to operate. Especially on a roll out typically roll outs make the field smaller with less options to begin with. Now doing it in the red zone takes even more options away

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

He sort of admitted that seeing BG go down deflated him a bit.

Graham is a guy he's played next to almost his entire career.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You are about to see what’s going to happen if the eagles don’t get good pressure on the QB. 4 of their next 5 games are against Dak, mahomes and Brady along with carr with how he’s playing (was good against the Steelers). If you can’t get to the QB and make life miserable more than just 2 QB hits then it’s going to be a long day each game. Better QBs than Jimmy G with better weapons (imo) will take advantage of the lack of consistent pressure. 

Oh you mean the two best QBs in the league and the Cowboys who have a great offense are going to hang up a lot of points on us? Colour me shocked! 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Oh you mean the two best QBs in the league and the Cowboys who have a great offense are going to hang up a lot of points on us? Colour me shocked! 

Hey!  We spell 'Merican on these boards.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Hey!  We spell 'Merican on these boards.

I voted in our federal election today, I feel extra Canadian, eh! 

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

He sort of admitted that seeing BG go down deflated him a bit.

Graham is a guy he's played next to almost his entire career.

That is kind of lame then. You would think you would want to step up for your fallen teammate not sulk 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Well i thought we were all so impressed and good on defense holding a niners to 17 on 2 QB hits that it would just carry over to those games…. They score points however with relative ease if you aren’t going to get any pressure on the QB like yesterday. They were fortunate the niners had kittle and deebo. Cause the rest of the weapons aren’t there right now with aiyuk in the doghouse and mostert and Jeff Wilson hurt 

Well i thought we were all so impressed and good on defense holding a niners to 17 on 2 QB hits that it would just carry over to those games…. 

The defense played well enough to win yesterday. They weren't perfect, not even close. They probably could have done even more to win it themselves, honestly. But at the end of the day, holding a good, veteran team like the 9ers to 17 is a good day, in my book? 

9 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Right, not sure why everyone is freaking out.

How many reads do people want for passing plays from the 2 yard line?   You have milliseconds

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

PFF, what an absolute joke.

That doesn't count because Bosa didn't count to 4 Mississippi or yell blitz.  

1 minute ago, Mike31mt said:

Right, not sure why everyone is freaking out.

How many reads do people want for passing plays from the 2 yard line?   You have milliseconds

I think the right answer is more than 1, but less than 5? 

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I believe he is covering for Hurts.

How can you game plan no throws to the middle of the field and a college offense at the goal line?

If we could run the ball, we wouldn't need a college offense

But we couldn't run the ball. 

Archived