• Last Reply
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Here we go, FA additions incoming ??

What happened to Driscoll?   🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What side item is Deshaun bringing?

Massage tables… i mean picnic tables 

45 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Avery still needs to show that he can occasionally drop into coverage as well.

Lining him and only having him ever rush from the SAM spot will get figured out quick.

Gannon seems like a sharp guy, I imagine the Defense will look absolutely nothing like it did in pre season as Gannon didn't scheme anything at all, kept everything real close to the vest.

Once his d gets on film offensive coordinates will adjust and hopefully he does as well 

Avery was a MIKE in college.  Good athleticism for a LB.  Frankly, I expected him to be either a 4/3 MIKE or more likely a 3/4 OLB. Okay coverage skills for an AAC LB.  That’s no where near NFL level and he is three years rusty. I think he will be adequate enough on a TE or back. I expect zone, probably Cover 2 or Cover 3, any time they have him in coverage. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What happened to Driscoll?   🤦‍♂️

he’s on the eagles so the rest takes care of itself lol 

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here we go, FA additions incoming ??

Driscoll?  What happened to him?

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So the road to Dick Rod coming back after week 1 looks to be closing.  3 active TE, 1 on the PS and promising Jackson who can come back later in the year.  

21 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think Quez Watkins will make a big jump.  I mean he had 100 yards receiving last season. I think he will probably be in the range of 600 to 800 yards this season.  I could see Sweat, Barnett or Hargrave as having much better seasons but I just don't think we are likely to see any of the DEs reaching double digit sacks given their rotation and how Gannon may mix up the fronts.  I think the player that is set to decline is McLeod. He's over 30 and coming off his 2nd ACL injury in 3 years.  I just don't think he's going to look good and he will likely lose his starting job even if he is healthy.  

I would love that. Maybe its just all the recent bad years at WR, but it seems like that would be a big jump for a guy whose #3 on the WR depth chart. New coaching staff but I think we'll be in 12 a lot still. I long for the day of something better than your leading WR be

Fulgham - 539 yards

Jeffery - 490 yards

Jeffery - 843 yards

Jeffery - 789 yards

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Weird, didn't know Driscoll was hurt at all. Not a good way to start the year for him after being dinged up all the time last year. 

Who got cut from the PS? They only had two openings. 

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Still have two open spots on the 53.

Surprised Taylor and/or Avery didn't go to IR.

With Ridgeway back, it will be interesting to see what they end up doing with McGill.

Expect to see Jacquet or James elevated from the PS until Scott is back.

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Weird, didn't know Driscoll was hurt at all. Not a good way to start the year for him after being dinged up all the time last year. 

Who got cut from the PS? They only had two openings. 

They promoted Ridgeway.

EDIT:  The above statement is incorrect.  I apologize to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Ridgeway family, and anyone in Eagles Nation that was adversely affected by my error.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

So the road to Dick Rod coming back after week 1 looks to be closing.  3 active TE, 1 on the PS and promising Jackson who can come back later in the year.  

Watched a bit of Eubanks at Michigan. (Big 10 Network so I see a lot of games, just like the SEC network). He was okay.   Not particularly quick and I didn’t see any burst. Decent enough hands.  Did not seem like an in-line blocker.  Big enough for a TE.  Probably faster than Rodgers. Beginning to think that Nick wants TE sized TEs.  We will know for sure if Rodgers is signed after week 1.  Best thing about Eubanks is we poached from the cowpads.  We need to keep him long enough to learn their calls and plays and beat them in Dallas. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Still have two open spots.

With Ridgeway back, it will be interesting to see what they end up doing with McGill.

They promoted Ridgeway.

He wasn't on there

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I would love that. Maybe its just all the recent bad years at WR, but it seems like that would be a big jump for a guy whose #3 on the WR depth chart. New coaching staff but I think we'll be in 12 a lot still. I long for the day of something better than your leading WR be

Fulgham - 539 yards

Jeffery - 490 yards

Jeffery - 843 yards

Jeffery - 789 yards

Well Doug and Press are gone.  I don’t mind them spreading the ball around though so individual numbers don’t matter as much as team numbers. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

They promoted Ridgeway.

McGill's just a FA now, safe to say he'll be on their short list of guys to be ready.

Ridgeway wasn't on the PS.  

Just now, bpac55 said:

McGill's just a FA now, safe to say he'll be on their short list of guys to be ready.

McGill is on the COVID list. He's on the team, just not counting a roster spot.

Just now, bpac55 said:

Yup.   My bad.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

They promoted Ridgeway.

They have just been hiding Taylor so having his 22 mph speed against Pitts will be a surprise to Atlanta.  (Dripping in exaggeration and sarcasm, folks.). :whistle:

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

McGill is on the COVID list. He's on the team, just not counting a roster spot.

Oh, ,my mistake.  Interesting.  My guess is McGill on the active roster and they cut the USC rookie.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Fulgham - 539 yards

Jeffery - 490 yards

Jeffery - 843 yards

Jeffery - 789 yards

It's a new coaching staff and I don't know how much the team will use 12 vs. 11.  The reports from camp were that they were 11 much more than 12.  I think that means Watkins will look like a number 2 in terms of snap count.  

47 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Avery was a MIKE in college.  Good athleticism for a LB.  Frankly, I expected him to be either a 4/3 MIKE or more likely a 3/4 OLB. Okay coverage skills for an AAC LB.  That’s no where near NFL level and he is three years rusty. I think he will be adequate enough on a TE or back. I expect zone, probably Cover 2 or Cover 3, any time they have him in coverage. 

Yup I can't imagine any scenario where bradjet is matched up in man coverage, I didn't know he was a MIKE in college, should help a little.

Wonder if kerrigan is going to play that spot at all as he has experience in a 34 or the eagles see him strictly as a DE?

You know the Eagles love to keep roster spots open.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they go in to week 1 with 51 on the roster.

I can see them not filling the last 2 roster spots if they really do intend on bringing back Dick Rod and Howard after week 1.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What side item is Deshaun bringing?

Blow Pops

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Really like the short term IR. Three weeks to recover from a muscle strain. 

Archived