EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wow.  Thanks for quoting that windbag.  Amazing he blames someone other than the person who posted it.  Disgusting.   

I don’t remember seeing that last season.  But I’ll take your word for it.  

Says a lot a person, doesn't it? 

Because we all know how casually we just throw that around on a day to day basis in here.

Oh right, we don't.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wow.  Thanks for quoting that windbag.  Amazing he blames someone other than the person who posted it.  Disgusting.   

:lol:You used to argue with some other guy about it last season. 

Some guy with a bunch of numbers on his name. Then he changed his name on the new board. He was a huge race baiter. I forgot who it was. 

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

On the BwF podcast, Bo Wulf said Sanders had a chance for a big run on the play but didn’t follow Mailata. 

I don’t remember the play very well, other than absolutely hating a run on third and 6. 

Doug would call them, often when we were in or close to four down territory. I get that teams draw the look they want, and that there’s a good chance to hit a decent run, but I just hate it. 

I like it.  But I think that's because I still remember it working so consistently during our super bowl year. 

7 hours ago, ManuManu said:

On the BwF podcast, Bo Wulf said Sanders had a chance for a big run on the play but didn’t follow Mailata. 

I don’t remember the play very well, other than absolutely hating a run on third and 6. 

Doug would call them, often when we were in or close to four down territory. I get that teams draw the look they want, and that there’s a good chance to hit a decent run, but I just hate it. 

Running on 3rd down IS efficient if you're willing to go for it on 4th down. All Miles had to do was follow his blocker and get at least 3 yards. Given the play, he probably gets more.

Sanders' juice is apparent, but he still misses so many reads. 

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Hurts is being given a chance. He doesn’t even have to worry about Flacco or Minshew taking his spot. People need to stop saying Hurts should be given a chance. He is currently being given the chance

Well don't you know that the opinions of a bunch of schlubs on a message board that doesn't even belong to the team they follow dictates whether or not he is "given his chance".

15 hours ago, vikas83 said:

They do realize these snowflakes will grow up one day and enter the real world, right?

Someday? 

15 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nothing like bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor being ahead of mahomes who’s unproven. And Daniel jones as a top 10 QB. Gettleman better get that contract done now 

Maybe we can trade Hurts for Mahomes and also get a number 1 pick since Mahomes ranks so much lower than him.

11 hours ago, austinfan said:

Wasn't the pass to Smith deep middle? Thrown late but nice 50 yard spiral.

If you have a single high safety, you're not throwing deep middle very often.

If teams put 8 in the box and focus on the run, then play action allows TEs to get behind the LBs into open space.

Let's wait a few games before we jump to conclusions?

This negates the rest of your post

The ball to Smith was late because he had to take 4 stutter steps of momentum to get it downfield.  It wasn’t late because he was late to make the read or decision.  It wasn’t a mental issue.

The below happened more than once on Sunday.  His frustration was at more than one player too. 

7 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It was there.  Sanders hit the center of the line rather than following Mailata off tackle. 

You can see Kelce throw his arms up after the play when he looks down and sees Sanders at his feet as if to suggest that isn't where the play was designed to go.

image.png.8c24f2ea72d8c6085233687c6941e978.png

If anyone is really desperate for something small on All-22, leave the play/time in the thread. I may not be able to turn it around that quickly due to the worlds worst project UAT, but I'm sure any international fans can help.

BTW, it looks like credentialed media have some sort of access to All-22, even though it's not on GamePass.

I soo loathe the Eagles trying to use a College offensive system with a running QB.  (one must be able to acknolwdge the difference between a running qb and a qb who can run) 

When NFL teams start consistently winning championships with these qb's and systems, that when I will get on board. Yes elements of the system can be utilized, but at the end of the day, the Pro game is so much more advanced, and demanding, that success with these systems/qb's are shortlived and doesn't equate to championships. 

I know some like the flash and excitement of the highlight reel material that some of the running QB's put up at times, but give me a pure pocket passer who can read the complex NFL defenses, make the right read, get the ball out "AROUND" 2.5 seconds, and can extend a play when he absolutely needs to have it, over a highlight reel machine any day, and 2x on Sundays. 

Now I also know some will point to our SB win and say we ran RPO's with Nick Foles... and yes, nuance, Nick is not a running qb, and we used elements of the RPO systems, only.  BIG DIFFERENCE. 

So yes, I have made up my mind on Hurts, sorry, you can give him the rest of this year, but I am willing to bet at end of the year, we still need a QB. I dont see Hurts progressing to the point where he can read and disect what the NFL is throwing at him. 

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The ball to Smith was late because he had to take 4 stutter steps of momentum to get it downfield.  It wasn’t late because he was late to make the read or decision.  It wasn’t a mental issue.

At the speed he was running, taking those stutter steps didn’t do anything but cost him time. They were completely unnecessary. 

Besides, he was staring him down and refused to put his foot in the ground, plant and throw. The extra time — being late — absolutely was the problem. 

Guest justrelax
13 hours ago, RLC said:

😂

The most "efficient" throw in the NFL is in the middle of the field. 

You had best define "efficient" especially if you put it in quotes. Some evidence/data would help too.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  He was a race baiter.  But I don’t remember it being specifically about Hurts.  It’s a ridiculous assertion to make.  That’s for sure.  

Oh I see.  Yeah that wasn't about Hurts. 

Agreed. 

Race baiting should get a ban. 

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Without going back and pinpointing particular plays, I think the bulk of discussion these past few weeks has been about the middle of the field.  Are the plays being designed to avoid the middle of the field (TE)?  Or is Hurts not seeing those opportunities?  I am of the belief that they know he is not comfortable with making reads in the middle of the field because of all of the bodies there.  But if there were some All-22 snaps of him rolling out or running and either Smith, Ertz or Goedert are open inside the hashes, then I think we have our cause.  

I don't have the time to cut up a game, but if you can give a specific time/play, I'll take a look later on/tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I soo loathe the Eagles trying to use a College offensive system with a running QB.  (one must be able to acknolwdge the difference between a running qb and a qb who can run) 

When NFL teams start consistently winning championships with these qb's and systems, that when I will get on board. Yes elements of the system can be utilized, but at the end of the day, the Pro game is so much more advanced, and demanding, that success with these systems/qb's are shortlived and doesn't equate to championships. 

I know some like the flash and excitement of the highlight reel material that some of the running QB's put up at times, but give me a pure pocket passer who can read the complex NFL defenses, make the right read, get the ball out under 2.5 seconds, and can extend a play when he absolutely needs to have it, over a highlight reel machine any day, and 2x on Sundays. 

Now I also know some will point to our SB win and say we ran RPO's with Nick Foles... and yes, nuance, Nick is not a running qb, and we used elements of the RPO systems, only.  BIG DIFFERENCE. 

So yes, I have made up my mind on Hurts, sorry, you can give him the rest of this year, but I am willing to bet at end of the year, we still need a QB. I dont see Hurts progressing to the point where he can read and disect what the NFL is throwing at him. 

You’re being unrealistic with the Time to throw.

FC8D9154-0BF6-4212-B15C-E6CE64CFB981.png

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You had best define "efficient" especially if you put it in quotes. Some evidence/data would help too.

Sure. There's lots of data about this.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/analytics/stats-articles/where-s-the-best-spot-on-the-field-to-complete-passes-and-not-get-picked-off/ 
https://www.footballperspective.com/pass-efficiency-by-pass-direction/

The fair caveat is that if your QB isn't comfortable throwing into the middle of the field, the INT % goes way up. So good QBs REALLY take advantage of this, while QBs who don't should absolutely avoid it. 

I anticipate a better showing against Dallas. We should be able to run on them, which will hopefully open things up. I'm not going to harp on arm strength, because I think what I was actually trying to convey was misconstrued.

I will say, I'd like to see Hurts attack the middle of the field and work on his mechanics/timing.

I would like to see Sirianni call a better game. Didn't think there was much to complain about (outside of those few plays...we all know the ones), but I wanna see some improvements.

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ace Nova accused me of being racist for pointing out Hurts flaws end of last season

7 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

You’re being unrealistic with the Time to throw.

FC8D9154-0BF6-4212-B15C-E6CE64CFB981.png

2.5 was more of a guideline. Basically get the ball out quickly to the correct read, and not throw it too late, take sacks etc....

Good morning gentleman.  Hot take of the day.  Pat Freiermuth is already better than Dallas Goedert. 

Have we seen Sanders and Gainwell in the backfield at the same time yet or Sanders in the backfield with Gainwell in the slot?  I can't recall any yet but I also haven't been looking out for it.  Seems like it would be a good use of both of them.   

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Thats the best part of the Cowboys front 4(the pass rushers are hurt) and the best part of Micah's game. I would love to run it down their throats, but I don't think this will work. 

Unfortunately , the weak part of the Cowboys defense is linebackers in coverage in the middle of the field... Ironic. 

I think I saw Keanu Neal is on the Covid list this week so he might be out.  If that's the case we might see Jabril Cox, who excelled at pass coverage at LSU.

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I just don't get the feel that this team will be willing to run the ball down a defenses throat when it calls for it.  I like Sanders and Gainwell, but they are not those type of backs.  If we wanted to implement a zone blocking scheme and have it be a focus (ideal for the type of QB we have) then I can see it.  But not those backs and not in this offense.  I suspect it will be more of an RPO zone read perimeter offense.  Which is pretty easy to defend.  

Wholeheartedly agree with you.

Having said that, their line is a little banged up and not nearly as good as SFs even at full strength. Were it me, I would run it right at Parsons the entire game. He's not beating Mailata. He's not beating Lane. If you're concerned about their LB, chip em with the TEs. 

We will be better, but it's going to have to change as the season goes on.

Archived