EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Did not see that. 

I loved Jabril coming out of LSU. 

Quick read.... Would Keanu Neal’s Absence Affect Parsons? (dallascowboys.com)

Parsons playing Pure LB week 1, looked like poop(albeit against Brady who makes lots of people look bad) But Parsons looked REALLY good as more of a DE/LB/pass rusher

It KILLED me seeing the Cowboys get Jabril Cox.  The further he dropped, the more I knew he was a Jerry Jones guy.  Uber athletic linebacker that can make plays all over the field.  What would we know about that?  

Parsons as a DE is scary.  Hate to admit it.  He will probably give Lane more fits than Lawrence would have.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Ace Nova accused me of being racist for pointing out Hurts flaws end of last season

If you put him on ignore you would never know. Honestly why would you care about him ? Or what he thinks about you being a racist or not? Now if a respected poster accused me of it I would have to think it over, but not that guy.............................................................ever!

If Ace Nova called me the antichrist I would sleep like a baby afterwards. It's low IQ people that go for that type of racism crap. 

2 minutes ago, greend said:

If you put him on ignore you would never know. Honestly why would you care about him ? Or what he thinks about you being a racist or not? Now if a respected poster accused me of it I would have to think it over, but not that guy.............................................................ever!

I don’t care what he thinks, and I did have him on ignore until he recently apologized. The only reason it’s being discussed is because big E fly made the comment about don’t bring that nonsense here, when that nonsense has always been here.

One thing to note with designed deep shots: These aren’t drawn up with the idea that the QB will throw the ball 65 yards in the air. That goes for Allen and Mahomes too. 

It’s one thing to crow hop, but it’s another to take way too much time to get to your read and your landmark. I think Hurts either took too long to get to his landmark, or he failed to decisively pull the the trigger. Maybe it was both, but the turned a 50 yard pass into a 65 yard one. He should only be throwing that far for Hail Marys or scramble drills. 

4 minutes ago, greend said:

On the Internet or not, I’d have a big problem with being called racist. 

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

University of Houston (UH), BYU, Cincinnati and UCF have accepted invitations to join the Big 12.  Should help my Cougars with recruiting. 

UCF and BYU? That should make for some serious road trips. Or are they thinking about doing something like the Big 10 with their east and west? I don't follow college football much.

Just now, greend said:

If Ace Nova called me the antichrist I would sleep like a baby afterwards. It's low IQ people that go for that type of racism crap. 

When someone immediately labels you in a dissmissing and or defammatory manner because your opinion is different than theirs, it shows several things.

1) they lack the ability to debate your position with persuasive arguement, possibly lack facts and or knowledge and or mental capacity to do so in a rationale manner

2) they might have an agenda

3) they will never be open to hearing your opinion or even trying to understand an opinion opposite theirs

Sadly, with how divided our country is, this happens troo much on both sides and the Media and politicians often help to gaslight their base. Makes it really difficult to have a mature conversation about anything. :sad:

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I just don't get the feel that this team will be willing to run the ball down a defenses throat when it calls for it.  I like Sanders and Gainwell, but they are not those type of backs.  If we wanted to implement a zone blocking scheme and have it be a focus (ideal for the type of QB we have) then I can see it.  But not those backs and not in this offense.  I suspect it will be more of an RPO zone read perimeter offense.  Which is pretty easy to defend.  

Perhaps Howard would help in the Dallas game on Monday.  Time for him to be moved up and be available for action.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don’t care what he thinks, and I did have him on ignore until he recently apologized. The only reason it’s being discussed is because big E fly made the comment about don’t bring that nonsense here, when that nonsense has always been here.

Only from a guy that is full of nonsense and doesn't really belong in here. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Quite the statement.  How do we even know this?  Put Goedert on another team.  Where he’s the TE1.  

I'm just looking at the way he plays, his movements, catches he makes....going back to pre-season.  When you watch him, he stands out and you can tell he's just going to be the guy.  I honestly haven't seen Goedert make those plays yet.  

DG has had games here where he was the #1 TE and he never grabbed the bull by the horns.  Let's face it, Ertz is a declining tight end who isn't that great at blocking.  An up and coming, so called top 10 tight end should be able to take that job away.  

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

On the Internet or not, I’d have a big problem with being called racist. 

So if an idiot calls you a racist it bothers you? 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

In the moment, sure. Will it keep me up, no. 

Wouldn't bother me either way if it comes from an un-respected person. 

13 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It will be interesting to watch as the season unfolds.   All I know is that if you cut the field into 9 pieces...  

Deep Left         =     Deep Middle          =       Deep Right
Intermediate Left = Intermediate Middle =   Intermediate Right
      Short Left        =.     Short Middle.        =       Short Right

And his throws are almost all in the Short Left, Short Right and Intermediate Right pieces... this will turn into a very long season.  The entire field needs to be threatened, not heavily used, but certainly threatened.   At the current rate of things, we could be seeing a ton of single high safety, shaded to the right side of the field with an 8 man box almost all the time.  That will make running harder, and they will be jamming up on those WR screens hard.   And the middle LB would have almost no pass defense responsibilities.  

I don't think we can expect this issue to be addressed in a season if it is truly an issue in his game.  

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm just looking at the way he plays, his movements, catches he makes....going back to pre-season.  When you watch him, he stands out and you can tell he's just going to be the guy.  I honestly haven't seen Goedert make those plays yet.  

DG has had games here where he was the #1 TE and he never grabbed the bull by the horns.  Let's face it, Ertz is a declining tight end who isn't that great at blocking.  An up and coming, so called top 10 tight end should be able to take that job away.  

Week 16 in 2019 vs the Cowboys.

9/12, 91 yards, 1 TD.

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Week 16 in 2019 vs the Cowboys.

9/12, 91 yards, 1 TD.

Ok so 2 years ago he had a good game.  What I mean is he hasn't take that next step.  Take the tight end position and make it yours.  If he's this great 2-way tight end that can block, run and catch then why don't we see it on a consistent basis? 

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Titans defense isn't good so they may think he'll be okay but they should just rest him for the week and evaluate after. We can still get the 1st rounder if he misses a game

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Ok so 2 years ago he had a good game.  What I mean is he hasn't take that next step.  Take the tight end position and make it yours.  If he's this great 2-way tight end that can block, run and catch then why don't we see it on a consistent basis? 

You mean take it away from the TE with the record for most catches in a single season, who had been playing at a Pro Bowl level until last season, and, BTW, was the former starting QB's best friend on the team?

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Wouldn't bother me either way if it comes from an un-respected person. 

stuff like that used to bother me, then you come to the realization that arguing with idiots on the net is really one of the stupidest things a person can do. I like having discussions but once a person starts getting personal, hurling labels around etc.. I'm out and often I put those types of people on ignore. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

You mean take it away from the TE with the record for most catches in a single season, who had been playing at a Pro Bowl level until last season, and, BTW, was the former starting QB's best friend on the team?

Yes.  But IMO, his play has been declining since 2019.  I get the points you're making but at the same time talent should win out.  If the Eagles were playing Ertz because he was Wentz's best friend then we have deep issues.  I just have very high expectations for Goedert and maybe that's unfair.  

Just now, bpac55 said:

Yes.  But IMO, his play has been declining since 2019.  I get the points you're making but at the same time talent should win out.  If the Eagles were playing Ertz because he was Wentz's best friend then we have deep issues.  I just have very high expectations for Goedert and maybe that's unfair.  

I mean....we do....

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That is why the pick made no sense to me at the time . And to compound things, not moving on from Ertz 1 1/2 years ago made no sense either.  So here we are.  Stuck with an expensive older TE and 2nd round draft pick TE who was never given the chance to "take the TE1 spot and make it his" because of poor roster construction.   They weren't going to pay Ertz all that money and then let DG take the #1 spot.  Just like they aren't going to let Watkins just take Reagor's snaps.  

Yep, it was honestly a horrible draft pick for the makeup of the team.  The Eagles put themselves in a bad situation.  It's part of why I think I have such expectations for DG.  There were so many other needs and I hate the argument that they drafted him so the Cowboys couldn't.  

Archived