EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

59 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What happened to Driscoll?   🤦‍♂️

He was drafted by the Eagles, which put his career trajectory on a path of frequent injuries. It was inevitable.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

It would be GREAT for Barnett to finally take that step.  Imagine if both Barnett and Sweat take the next step and they somehow could lock them up for the next 5 years.  

Barnett is 25, Sweat is 24.  BG can walk away from the game and the Eagles could have their bookends.  I doubt it happens but it would be huge.

Barnett has taken his step, unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He was drafted by the Eagles, which put his career trajectory on a path of frequent injuries. It was inevitable.

Well, the good news is that the Eagles pre-empted that with the selection of Dickerson.  His frequent injury history is destined to be reversed thanks to the Eagles selecting him.   If a relatively healthy player is drafted by the Eagles along the OL and becomes injury prone, then the converse must also be true, that drafting an injury prone player is destined to make that player relatively healthy.   Air tight logic right there.   No other way around it.

13 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I alluded to the same thing the previous page. It’s soo true 

Anybody know anything about keesean Johnson?

From the stats he looks more like a possession slot guy like, I mean If I wanted 8 yards / catch I'd just throw to Greg ward no???

The Eagles are like 3 bad Hurts games away from a QB controversy. Minshew is arguably better and his stats prove it.

Hopefully Jalen balls out and blows his "potential" out of the water, but more likely they both battle for QB2 as Eagles look to get QB1.

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

From the stats he looks more like a possession slot guy like, I mean If I wanted 8 yards / catch I'd just throw to Greg ward no???

I posted a link in the old thread.  He's described as a big slot by the Cardinals beat so you pretty much nailed it.  Watched some highlights, nothing terribly impressive.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We have three QB2.  Which means we don’t have a starter.  

TBD. Y'all are ready to write off Jalen with zero shot of him assuming QB1. He hasn't shown much, but it was a small sample size on a terrible team with no preseason/TC.

25 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

The Eagles are like 3 bad Hurts games away from a QB controversy. Minshew is arguably better and his stats prove it.

Hopefully Jalen balls out and blows his "potential" out of the water, but more likely they both battle for QB2 as Eagles look to get QB1.

I think because he's a 2nd round pick he'd get more than 3 games.  It's a new offense and they need to see definitively what they've got before putting both feet into the QB market.  I suspect he'll get the first half of the season unless he looks really bad -- as in worse numbers than last season.

I do think Minshew basically becomes the #2 pretty early, as soon as he has the playbook down pat.  Flacco is a known commodity; they likely want to see what Minshew brings.

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I posted a link in the old thread.  He's described as a big slot by the Cardinals beat so you pretty much nailed it.  Watched some highlights, nothing terribly impressive.  

I like the other two Johnson's better, tyron and Collin. Oh well🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think he's a better blocker than Ward.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Getting drafted by the Eagles doesn’t change the kind of QB he is.

Whaaaaaaaaat !! Dude, he is at the QB factory now.

43 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I posted on him yesterday in the old Blog.  Slower than any WR or RB on the roster or PS. Not as agile or quick as JJAW or even Stoll, both bigger than him.  Did not have a polished route tree.  Pretty much a slot.  Okay hands.  Ward, while a couple inches shorter and about 10 pounds lighter is a better receiver.  Now, I don’t think I ever saw any of his college games.  Small college west coast (Fresno State) I just don’t see a lot of games for and ESPN doesn’t replay them. 

44 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

We will know more as the season progresses.  

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Kelly green unis this year? Mailata extension?

Souvenir cups at the Linc will now be made of recycled paper. Go Green or Go Home

Some of the PS spots are placeholders for other players who'll shake lose later in the season. And practice squad players "practice", so not all are prospects.

36 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

TBD. Y'all are ready to write off Jalen with zero shot of him assuming QB1. He hasn't shown much, but it was a small sample size on a terrible team with no preseason/TC.

Well he loves his ITYSs so if he is right, he gets to fling another one.   There are basically two camps. Give the kid a shot because we are in a rebuild with a degree of skepticism and the kid doesn’t deserve a shot as already concluded he is trash.  Sounds like you are in the first camp.   

Last night, I had a dream that we re-signed Nick Foles and were back in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't put much stock in that coming true though, because I was also the Left Defensive End... 

19 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Kelly green unis this year? Mailata extension?

He’s doing post game pods on BGN

Archived