EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Cautiously optimistic, as usual this time of year.

Gonna give em a chance to see if the sum is greater than the parts.

If the players respond to the new staff and the young guys can find their footing early we may field a competitive group.  

I'm willing to wait to see the product on the field before I run em down or count em out.

Go Green!

:Eagle_smiley:  :usa:

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Kelly green unis this year? Mailata extension?

Probably some new podcast.

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last night, I had a dream that we re-signed Nick Foles and were back in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't put much stock in that coming true though, because I was also the Left Defensive End... 

Well, as far as I remember, you have some injury issues, so you'd fit right in.

33 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Either him or Goedert 

34 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Howie’s getting a statue?

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

Cautiously optimistic, as usual this time of year.

Gonna give em a chance to see if the sum is greater than the parts.

If the players respond to the new staff and the young guys can find their footing early we may field a competitive group.  

I'm willing to wait to see the product on the field before I run em down or count em out.

Go Green!

:Eagle_smiley:  :usa:

Welp....

• They have a potential top-5 starting OL.  Yes it's aging, but a) they really all can't get injured again, and b) they appear to have a solid group of backups.
  • They have a nice set of RBs.  Importantly, Scott, Gainwell, and Sanders (maybe) can all be weapons in the passing game.
  • They have really good TEs, which should be a positive for a young QB like Hurts.  That bum Chad Lewis helped McNabb out as he was learning the offense.
  • They have some intriguing weapons at WR.  One is the Heisman winner.  Reagor and Watkins have the requisite skill set.  We'll just have to see.
  • Their DL should dominate.  And there appears to be some decent depth.
  • Last winter I said our back 7 was abysmal.  The additions of Harris, Wilson, and Nelson (3 patronymic surnames, BTW) have helped to address that.  Rather than abysmal, they appear to be close to adequate.

Bottom line, it comes down to 1) What do we have in Hurts, 2) Health, 3) Does Sirianni have a functional scheme on offense, and 4) Will Gannon be able to compensate for a mediocre back 7?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last night, I had a dream that we re-signed Nick Foles and were back in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't put much stock in that coming true though, because I was also the Left Defensive End... 

Are you saying you're not in playing shape anymore? 

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

All these weeks after creating all that cap room, what was Howie trying to achieve by doing it?

Making room if Texans were willing to trade Watson for peanuts 

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

The eagles decided to change their nickname to Eaglezzzzz to appease the emb 

2 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

How many preseason snaps?

Did he actually say he isn't vaccinated before that clip? Because in the clip he's saying what he's always said that it's no ones business

TBD. Y'all are ready to write off Jalen with zero shot of him assuming QB1. He hasn't shown much, but it was a small sample size on a terrible team with no preseason/TC.

He has one series to show me he's a potential number 1 QB. I'm not going to tell which series it is though.  

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Did he actually say he isn't vaccinated before that clip? Because in the clip he's saying what he's always said that it's no ones business

He doesn't have to say it. Vaccinated players don't go on the list for close contacts. He just did. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Making room if Texans were willing to trade Watson for peanuts 

Which they weren't, and he's potentially made next years cap worse by doing it.  There was no rush to do it unless a deal was locked in was there?

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He doesn't have to say it. Vaccinated players don't go on the list for close contacts. He just did. 

Could he have kept that information from the league and they just classified him as not vaccinated?

8 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

All these weeks after creating all that cap room, what was Howie trying to achieve by doing it?

After the roster moves, cuts, etc, etc, currenty cap room is 10.7 this year and 9.8 next year.  If the Eagles end up with 3 first round picks, saying they are 5, 15 and 25, that will take about 12 million of the combined 20.5 million.  Once player 52 and 53 are added, and you figure in those picks, after rollover, Eagles will have about 7.6 million in 2022 cap space.  There really is no cap space, especially if they do a Goedert, Barnett, Mailata, Sweat extension.

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Could he have kept that information from the league and they just classified him as not vaccinated?

No.

They also asked him a lot more questions today like "do you plan on getting it?" which he basically said it's fluid and he's gone over the pro's and con's of it. 

49 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Well, as far as I remember, you have some injury issues, so you'd fit right in.

Two bad knees and a bad back (injuries from my Army days). So yeah, I could start! Plus, I have more experience playing 'American Football' than Mailata did when he was drafted... now, what's Howie's phone number?

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Are you saying you're not in playing shape anymore? 

I'm not even in video game playing shape anymore :huh: 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

After the roster moves, cuts, etc, etc, currenty cap room is 10.7 this year and 9.8 next year.  If the Eagles end up with 3 first round picks, saying they are 5, 15 and 25, that will take about 12 million of the combined 20.5 million.  Once player 52 and 53 are added, and you figure in those picks, after rollover, Eagles will have about 7.6 million in 2022 cap space.  There really is no cap space, especially if they do a Goedert, Barnett, Mailata, Sweat extension.

And if Barnett goes, there is a 7 million dead cap hit right when there didn't need to be?

Hmmm...

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Archived