DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #10!

HazletonEagle

This post was originally made by the one and only @Don Corleone on 11/10/2019 at the old EMB:

Listed at 6'1, 175lbs, Smith is probably the lesser known WR of Bama's draft eligible trio, he's come up big in a few games for them this year and yesterday was no exception. Against LSU, Smith had just 7 catches, but for 213 yards and 2 TD's. On the year, he has 50 catches for 934 yards (that's good for 18.7 YPC) with 11 TD's.

• Like 2

I actually think Smith is a better WR than Ruggs and potentially better than Jeudy too. I think he's going to have a stand out year if there is college football. 

Yes, depending who the QB is at Alabama Smith may be able to get into the category with Ross and Chase. Might be able to pass Ross when it comes to draft value but that will not happen with Chase. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Yes, depending who the QB is at Alabama Smith may be able to get into the category with Ross and Chase. Might be able to pass Ross when it comes to draft value but that will not happen with Chase. 

Who is expected to be the new QB at Bama?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who is expected to be the new QB at Bama?

It probably was suppose to be the true freshman Bryce Young but with not spring ball or summer practice he probably wont win the job. I would assume Tua's younger brother will likely transfer

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

It probably was suppose to be the true freshman Bryce Young but with not spring ball or summer practice he probably wont win the job. I would assume Tua's younger brother will likely transfer

Tua's younger brother any good?

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Tua's younger brother any good?

He is solid and has a strong arm forsure. I don't think he is better or on same level as Tua but still solid QB. Feel bad that he likely won't beat out Young.

Bryce Young is the real deal. At first didn't believe it but at the All American game I was able to see him light it up in person.

Arguably better than Ruggs. Being so light may hurt him though. 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:41 PM, 20dawk4life said:

Arguably better than Ruggs. Being so light may hurt him though. 

He is better than Ruggs lol

On 5/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Lol damn I called it. You heard it hear first

• 5 months later...

Like him a lot! CW needs a go to guy in this offense. Smith will probably wind up a mid first round selection. If we find ourselves picking in the top 10, it’s too early taking him there IMO. If we’re picking in that 10-16 range...sure!

Smith will be a stud in the NFL. Just has injury concerns. 

Howie is not smart enough to select someone like this.

• 2 weeks later...

At this rate we will never get smith

I am starting to think he might be better than Chase. I am not there yet but it is heading that way

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

At this rate we will never get smith

I am starting to think he might be better than Chase. I am not there yet but it is heading that way

I don't think it's a hugely pressing need though. I mean another good WR would be nice but this team has far greater issues to address. Ultimately it needs to be a BPA approach. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Going to be a great player. 

Agreed. He will not be the first WR drafted but he may be the best

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Agreed. He will not be the first WR drafted but he may be the best

He could well be and he'd be a very very good weapon for our QB. Be that Hurts or be that a draft pick in the future. 

Like I said. He will likely not be the first WR drafted but he may be the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 3:20 AM, Ray75 said:

Like him a lot! CW needs a go to guy in this offense. Smith will probably wind up a mid first round selection. If we find ourselves picking in the top 10, it’s too early taking him there IMO. If we’re picking in that 10-16 range...sure!

Smith or Chase? Gotta see the combine on these two.

49 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Smith or Chase? Gotta see the combine on these two.

If we pick in the top 6, we could potentially trade down a couple of spots and still come up with Smith.

• Like 1