DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #10!

HazletonEagle

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Hey! Get you're own shtick!

You've mentioned something similar with regard to JJAW?

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

You've mentioned something similar with regard to JJAW?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to admit that.

Just now, brkmsn said:

I'm not sure if we're allowed to admit that.

Everyone has their opinions.  I am trying to be completely open minded about what a new coaching staff can (potentially) do and what impact a new scheme and new coaching can have on the players ... in particular the younger ones.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Everyone has their opinions.  I am trying to be completely open minded about what a new coaching staff can (potentially) do and what impact a new scheme and new coaching can have on the players ... in particular the younger ones.  

The problem (here on the EMB) is that if JJAW becomes a contributing player that helps us win games, it will make Howie look better. If that happens, Howie will pack the courts, repeal the Constitution,  and become the Supreme Ruler!

So we simply can't allow that to happen. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

The problem (here on the EMB) is that if JJAW becomes a contributing player that helps us win games, it will make Howie look better. If that happens, Howie will pack the courts, repeal the Constitution,  and become the Supreme Ruler!

HR.gif.cfef5f76812dca5f3ce041332b4d5b3f.gif

@Ray75 Are Smith and Reagor too similar to both potentially thrive in the same system? I know Smith lined up everywhere in college, but the NFL is a different animal.

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

@Ray75 Are Smith and Reagor too similar to both potentially thrive in the same system? I know Smith lined up everywhere in college, but the NFL is a different animal.

I don’t think they’re similar at all. Not from a size/frame perspective, not from a skill set perspective.

The only thing they have in common; they’re at their best if you get them the ball in space within 5-10 yard (dangerous in the open field).

Now that Waddle kid has a more comparable skill set to Reagor, he’s only way better IMO. A more polished, more pro ready Ruggs if you will.

8 hours ago, SBorBust said:

IMO I think it would be similar to Desean and Maclin. Smith as a prospect is a better version of Desean. Both were good at running routes, fast, and dangerous. Reagor is more of a Maclin. Raw route running but playmaker with ball in hand. Yes the size comparisons are different but that is what the combo would remind me of. I still like reagor a lot and think he will do better with better playcalling and better QB play. I wouldn't mind the combo. But the problem is against physical press coverage team, the WRs would struggle. We need a big WR and that is why I lean Chase but I will like Smith as a better WR prospect. Super torn on this.

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

IMO I think it would be similar to Desean and Maclin. Smith as a prospect is a better version of Desean. Both were good at running routes, fast, and dangerous. Reagor is more of a Maclin. Raw route running but playmaker with ball in hand. Yes the size comparisons are different but that is what the combo would remind me of. I still like reagor a lot and think he will do better with better playcalling and better QB play. I wouldn't mind the combo. But the problem is against physical press coverage team, the WRs would struggle. We need a big WR and that is why I lean Chase but I will like Smith as a better WR prospect. Super torn on this.

Sorry but it’s the complete opposite IMO.

I don’t know where this is coming from but Smith doesn’t have DJax speed, Reagor supposedly does (or should have) and that makes him your " Z " and Smith your "X”.  

Last year two Bama receivers went in the top 20. If Waddle is this years version of Ruggs, Smith is undoubtfully your Jeudy.

Chase and Smith are both prototypical X receivers (contested catches, YAC, good in space). Indeed the Maclin role.The difference; at least 30 lbs!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Chase and Smith are both prototypical X receivers (contested catches, YAC, good in space). Indeed the Maclin role.The difference; at least 30 lbs!

And one of them hasn't played football in a while.. :whistle:

Still agree with you there on the most part.

I don't think we get to choose anyways, as one of them will be taken before us, so...

1 hour ago, Infam said:

And one of them hasn't played football in a while.. :whistle:

Still agree with you there on the most part.

I don't think we get to choose anyways, as one of them will be taken before us, so...

But the other will likely be there. 😁

With so many needs, I wonder if trading down a couple of spots and still come up with Waddle, Pitts, Surtain, Farley or even Paye isn’t the best way to go...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

But the other will likely be there. 😁

With so many needs, I wonder if trading down a couple of spots and still come up with Waddle, Pitts, Surtain, Farley or even Paye isn’t the best way to go...

Add Parsons to that list.

Just now, Right4thePicking said:

Add Parsons to that list.

LOL

So many holes, so many needs and you still think the Eagles are gonna take a LB in the first after not taking one in the first in more than 3 decades?!

I’d be stunned if they go that route but hey, Parsons is clearly your man crush and that’s okay. For you and you only I hope they do take him. I just can’t see it.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The similarity in build is remarkable:

Image result for todd pinkston Image result for devonta smith

Scary Don. Just creepy...

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

LOL

So many holes, so many needs and you still think the Eagles are gonna take a LB in the first after not taking one in the first in more than 3 decades?!

I’d be stunned if they go that route but hey, Parsons is clearly your man crush and that’s okay. For you and you only I hope they do take him. I just can’t see it.

Scary Don. Just creepy...

The build is annoying but he’s still an incredibly more talented player than Pinkston.

If Pinkston could do what this guy can do, his build wouldn’t have mattered as much.

On 2/18/2021 at 6:28 AM, brkmsn said:

News Flash! Howie is the supreme ruler already.

Anyone who wants Whiteside to fail because of Howie is a complete bozo. I would love to see Whiteside succeed but if just don’t see it. He don’t have it in him

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

News Flash! Howie is the supreme ruler already.

Anyone who wants Whiteside to fail because of Howie is a complete bozo. I would love to see Whiteside succeed but if just don’t see it. He don’t have it in him

Maybe. He looked a bit overwhelmed as a rookie and that drop in the lions game seemed to rattle his confidence and Wentz' trust in him. He had a strong camp last summer and seemed more confident. He didn't get much playing time, but he did play with energy and effort (which is what you want to see). 

There are so many rumors about the Eagles last season, most of them conflicting with other rumors. I don't want to start more, so don't take this as another one, but I can't help wondering who was behind some of these decisions. Was it Doug? Howie? Lurie? Wentz? I really don't know, but the one thing I noticed with JJAW and Wentz is there was no chemistry there whatsoever. It was odd. When JJAW came into the game, he was not thrown to. In 2019 preseason, the other QBs threw to him. When he played with Hurts in week 17, Hurts threw to him. We hear the rumors that Wentz had a falling out with Howie (if it's true, maybe it had something to do with the Ertz/Howie drama). We hear the rumors about Wentz supposedly changing the plays to spite Doug. Now, I don't really believe the rumors. But if there's even partial truth to those ones specifically, could Wentz have been avoiding JJAW to spite Howie? Again --- I don't want to start rumors and don't want to see this reported on some Philly website next week, because it's purely a random thought. I'm just trying to understand why when JJAW played and was open, Wentz didn't consider him. Probably the most logical explanation is that Wentz was playing so poorly that it was just a product of the poor play. Wentz was failing to throw to a lot of guys that were open.  

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

No

You know Parsons is can't miss talent. You guys just wanna put blinders on.

I might be wrong, but I see a good few WRs as being better in this draft.

2 hours ago, matchew88 said:

I might be wrong, but I see a good few WRs as being better in this draft.

I think the Eagles have a real problem this year. If they go WR then they absolutely have to hit on that position. Their track record isn't great though and in every draft there will be guys a team pass on at the same position who go on to be better. 

On 2/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the Eagles have a real problem this year. If they go WR then they absolutely have to hit on that position. Their track record isn't great though and in every draft there will be guys a team pass on at the same position who go on to be better. 

I agree, but they can't be scared to draft one this year just because of their track record at drafting WRs.

The 2000s Eagles did eventually end up landing DeSean Jackson (2nd round) and Jeremy Maclin (1st round) in the 2008-2009 drafts after spending early picks on Reggie Brown (2005 2nd round), Freddie Mitchell (2001 1st round), Todd Pinkston (2000 2nd round).

While Reagor may never be Justin Jefferson, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. I think he can at least be a decent starter when used properly and with better coaching. All we need is someone to man the other starting spot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

While Reagor may never be Justin Jefferson, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. I think he can at ljeast be a decent starter when used properly and with better coaching. All we need is someone to man the other starting spot.

Oh I agree here. I was a big Reagor fan going in to the draft and I was really pleased that we drafted him. Last year I think he was misused and of course the poor offensive play didn't help him. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 12:07 PM, Right4thePicking said:

You know Parsons is can't miss talent. You guys just wanna put blinders on.

First off, there is no such thing as a can’t miss prospect. 

Second, linebacker simply isn’t a valuable enough position to waste that high of a pick on. I’d say the same about running back. 

• Like 2

Bateman has a better NFL prepared body than smith. Just trade down. If we can come away with bateman, andre cisco, and collins in the first two to three rounds I will be satisfied. Gotta do some moving around.

• Like 1