DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #10!

HazletonEagle

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

If we pick in the top 6, we could potentially trade down a couple of spots and still come up with Smith.

Ok so what value do you think we'd fetch for trading down a couple of spots? And would that value make it worthwhile going Smith over Chase?

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok so what value do you think we'd fetch for trading down a couple of spots? And would that value make it worthwhile going Smith over Chase?

According to the value charts at the very least a second.

Would it be worth it?! Depends on what you think of Smith.

Personally I think from a talent perspective they’re closer than one might think. If the drop off isn’t that steep, a trade down will definitely be worth it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

According to the value charts at the very least a second.

Would it be worth it?! Depends on what you think of Smith.

Personally I think from a talent perspective they’re closer than one might think. If the drop off isn’t that steep, a trade down will definitely be worth it.

If Howie is making the pick? I'd put good money on the other guy being the stud and Howie's pick being a dud.

If it was up to Howie, he would select Bateman from Minnesota as the first WR because he has record high character and is a great guy in the locker room. He might edge out Whiteside when it comes to cheering in sweatpants on the sideline.

No knock on Bateman. I'm sure he will be a solid WR but he is not in the same stratosphere as Chase and Smith.

4 hours ago, Godfather said:

If we miss Chase, I'm all in on Smith

Picking at 9th overall if the season ended today. I’m fine with either Chase or Smith at this point...

8 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Picking at 9th overall if the season ended today. I’m fine with either Chase or Smith at this point...

Do you think taking Smith at 9 is good value? I have to say... I'm not sure we will pick at 9. I think this team wins at least one more game. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do you think taking Smith at 9 is good value? I have to say... I'm not sure we will pick at 9. I think this team wins at least one more game. 

It’s a two horse race for the No.1 receiver in the draft. They’re that close! So yeah, if Chase is off the board at 9, I’d take Smith in a heartbeat. For what it’s worth; if he would have come out in april, he’d be my No.1 receiver. He’s better than Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamp and Jefferson IMO.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

It’s a two horse race for the No.1 receiver in the draft. They’re that close! So yeah, if Chase is off the board at 9, I’d take Smith in a heartbeat. For what it’s worth; if he would have come out in april, he’d be my No.1 receiver. He’s better than Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamp and Jefferson IMO.

Wow really? Blimey.

I think that was a typo there bud. You mean he would have been your #2 receiver ahead of Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamp and Jefferson but behind Reagor. 

😉

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wow really? Blimey.

I think that was a typo there bud. You mean he would have been your #2 receiver ahead of Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamp and Jefferson but behind Reagor. 

😉

LOL

Well Reagor looked mighty fine yesterday. We just didn’t have the right trigger man.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

LOL

Well Reagor looked mighty fine yesterday. We just didn’t have the right trigger man.

Agreed. 2 games now where he's come up with pretty nice plays after the QB change. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. 2 games now where he's come up with pretty nice plays after the QB change. 

Didn’t Hurts play with Smith at Bama?! Just saying...

• Like 1

Just now, Ray75 said:

Didn’t Hurts play with Smith at Bama?! Just saying...

Hmm I guess they probably did a couple of years ago? May have been a small sample size though. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm I guess they probably did a couple of years ago? May have been a small sample size though. 

Here you go...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infam said:

Best WR in the draft. Better than Chase.

Starting last season and during this season, I have been trending this way. I will say that Chase is definitely not in a different league than Smith. This is a very close conversation. 

Chase terrorized top corners last year but what Smith did to Stingley of LSU (true freshman but best CB in CFB imo) was outright criminal.

• Like 1

Smith has had a really good season. The only issue I have with him is that 175 lb. frame makes me wonder if he'' be durable enough for the NFL. Otherwise, he's very good.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Godfather said:

Bump

Based on our recent experience passing on a highly productive prospect from the best conference in college football, I think we've learned to be OK with Devonta Smith - even at 175lbs.

Chase reminds me of two former Steelers WR’s in Antonio Brown and Hines Ward while Smith reminds me of Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce.

12 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Chase reminds me of two former Steelers WR’s in Antonio Brown and Hines Ward while Smith reminds me of Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce.

Wrong thread! 

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Wrong thread! 

Nope! I was comparing both WR’s to current/past receivers.

• Like 1

I don't dislike Smith, but he's no better than my WR5 in this draft.

WR1 Ja'marr Chase

WR2 Rashod Bateman

WR3 Rondale Moore

WR4 Jaylen Waddle