DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #10!

HazletonEagle

Do you really grab a guy like this at 6 though? Especially considering where receivers were drafted last year?

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Do you really grab a guy like this at 6 though? Especially considering where receivers were drafted last year?

If they need a WR and believe that guy can be a top WR in the NFL? Yeah I guess you do. But there are a lot of ways this team can, and also needs, to go so I'm not all in on a WR.

2 hours ago, judunno said:

You know the problem with this class is that it lacks elite DL talent and only one OT worthy of a top 10 selection. It’s QB and skill position heavy. If we don’t push the reset button and take a QB, a WR or CB will likely be the BPA at 6.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

You know the problem with this class is that it lacks elite DL talent and only one OT worthy of a top 10 selection. It’s QB and skill position heavy. If we don’t push the reset button and take a QB, a WR or CB will likely be the BPA at 6.

Chase very likely will be on the board and will very likely be the BPA but I'm no against Smith either to be fair. 

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Chase very likely will be on the board and will very likely be the BPA but I'm no against Smith either to be fair. 

At this point, I think Chase might be off the board.

Bare with me; if Lawrence and Fields go 1 and 2, Miami is not gonna pass on Sewell and Atlanta is either going QB or defense, the likelihood of Chase being BPA for the Bengals is pretty reasonable. And who do the Bengals have at QB?! Yep, the same guy who threw Chase the ball at LSU.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray75 said:

Bare with me; if Lawrence and Fields go 1 and 2, Miami is not gonna pass on Sewell and Atlanta is either going QB or defense, the likelihood of Chase being BPA for the Bengals is pretty reasonable. And who do the Bengals have at QB?! Yep, the same guy who threw Chase the ball at LSU.

That's very very true. Damn I hate it when you have good sound logic!

😉

Smith or Surtain, who do you take?

54 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's very very true. Damn I hate it when you have good sound logic!

😉

Smith or Surtain, who do you take?

I hate it when you have tough questions! 😂

Ahhh man, I don’t know! If you believe you can get a quality corner at the top of the 2nd, you almost have to take Smith at 6 because you certainly are not gonna get a receiver of that caliber in the second. Especially if your mission is to fix both the QB and offense.

But I would not be mad if they take Surtain at 6. I’m a sucker for corners and the Eagles haven’t had the opportunity to get a really good one in a long, long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Ahhh man, I don’t know! If you believe you can get a quality corner at the top of the 2nd, you almost have to take Smith at 6 because you certainly are not gonna get a receiver of that caliber in the second. Especially if your mission is to fix both the QB and offense.

But I would not be mad if they take Surtain at 6. I’m a sucker for corners and the Eagles haven’t had the opportunity to get a really good one in a long, long time.

Completely agree for once.. I am a sucker for offense, but I'd have to be blind not to see the appeal in a Surtain/Slay combo... "Certain Slay?" :whistle:

That would be a very different eagles defense all of a sudden.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

The tie Fd us. Cincinnati for some reason knows how to pick receivers.

Surtain or Smith?

this is an easy one. Smith is easily the better prospect of the two. Watch Surtain vs elite competition and then watch Smith vs elite competition.

As much as it sickens me to take ANOTHER wide receiver, the man just won the Heisman Trophy. Plus, his work ethic is legendary.

• Like 1

I like Smith a lot, but I’d only take him if Chase isn’t there. Unless by some miracle they have a chance to get Fields. 

Smith's the better WR, and the versatility he'll provide I think gives him the edge over Chase. Say what you will about his size, but he is incredibly athletic and there's not been a DB that's defended him and not been overwhelmed. That should translate. Whether the plays are behind the LOS or deep, he's shown the ability to run the gamut of WR routes.

With Smith the production is there, as is the upside.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 4:13 AM, judunno said:

The tie Fd us. Cincinnati for some reason knows how to pick receivers.

I'm pretty sure the Bengals will take Sewell, if Miami doesn't take him.  The Bengals just took Higgins who appears to be really solid, so I don't know if they would jump on WR again in Round 1.  They might want Parsons, too. The Bengals' defense isn't great.  

38 minutes ago, rstarter said:

Smith's the better WR, and the versatility he'll provide I think gives him the edge over Chase. Say what you will about his size, but he is incredibly athletic and there's not been a DB that's defended him and not been overwhelmed. That should translate. Whether the plays are behind the LOS or deep, he's shown the ability to run the gamut of WR routes.

With Smith the production is there, as is the upside.

Did he ever match up w Stingley Jr? I like him a lot in next yrs draft

2 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Did he ever match up w Stingley Jr? I like him a lot in next yrs draft

I'll just assume you actually don't know and say: yeah, he destroyed Stingley, then Stingley went to the media and told everyone how he would get his revenge. And then Smith absolutely crushed him again.. 

43 minutes ago, Infam said:

I'll just assume you actually don't know and say: yeah, he destroyed Stingley, then Stingley went to the media and told everyone how he would get his revenge. And then Smith absolutely crushed him again.. 

Nicely put! Some people on this board are sleeping on Smith.

45 minutes ago, Infam said:

I follow college casually but I don't dig in on individual players and matchups. So my question was more how'd the matchup go cuz baring injury/defensive scheme it would have happened. But thanks lol

Still like Stingley from what I've seen so far

3 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I follow college casually but I don't dig in on individual players and matchups. So my question was more how'd the matchup go cuz baring injury/defensive scheme it would have happened. But thanks lol

Still like Stingley from what I've seen so far

Derek Stingley Jr. wants revenge on Devonta Smith - YouTube

Study: Bama's Devonta Smith DELETED Derek Stingley's soul...again! - YouTube

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

Lol Top Billin! I love his channel. Good breakdowns on matchups.

For those Surtain fans go ahead and pull up Surtain matchups vs elite WRs (from this year and last). Hard Pass on Surtain at #6