Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame S) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #14

Ewaeagle

Kyle Hamilton 

Notre Dame

Ht: 6-4

Wt: 220

If Gannon wants to play a two high safety/Cover 2 Zone scheme, then we need a safety with range and the ball skills to do it. I think Hamilton will fit right in.

kylehamilton.jpg

• Like 1

@Ray75 and myself have started to talk about Hamilton and he could be a really big play maker for this team. Id really like the Eagles to take him with one of their potentially 3 first round picks. 

• Like 2

The track record of bigger safeties in the NFL is not that good - Taylor Mays, Laron Landry, Mark Barron.

I'm hesitant to jump on this bandwagon as a result.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 7:50 AM, D-Shiznit said:

The track record of bigger safeties in the NFL is not that good - Taylor Mays, Laron Landry, Mark Barron.

Taylor Mays was an awful player, but Landry was at worst average and Barron was a solid starting safety.

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Taylor Mays was an awful player, but Landry was at worst average and Barron was a solid starting safety.

Barron played safety for 3 seasons, he was decent his rookie year but, struggled after that so the BUCS traded him where the Rams turned him into a linebacker his 4th season. 

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Barron played safety for 3 seasons, he was decent his rookie year but, struggled after that so the BUCS traded him where the Rams turned him into a linebacker his 4th season. 

Ahh course they did, I didn't really track his career past Tampa but knew he'd been DROY at Safety and looked at the stats assuming he'd played Safety throuighout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Ahh course they did, I didn't really track his career past Tampa but knew he'd been DROY at Safety and looked at the stats assuming he'd played Safety throuighout.

Yes he was always one of those in between guys with his weight and speed. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:50 PM, D-Shiznit said:

The guys you mentioned are linebacker/safety hybrids.  Hamilton's game is totally different.  He is more of a rangy ball hawk with length not the stalky run stuffing type of safety you're talking about.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 2:50 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Switch straight to LB. 

9 hours ago, Ewaeagle said:

The guys you mentioned are linebacker/safety hybrids.  Hamilton's game is totally different.  He is more of a rangy ball hawk with length not the stalky run stuffing type of safety you're talking about.

This is what I want for our DB group.  In today's NFL TOs are more important now than ever before with how the rules favour the O.  We need playmakers in the secondary, the more the better.

• Like 4

On 10/10/2021 at 11:00 PM, Green_Guinness said:

This is what I want for our DB group.  In today's NFL TOs are more important now than ever before with how the rules favour the O.  We need playmakers in the secondary, the more the better.

If Gannon is going to play C2 hell or highwater, than I think we can talk a look at the premium S prospects and try to find value later in the draft with the boundary CBs (Martin Emerson, Chase Lucas). Of course, S is typically a relatively cheap get in FA.

• 4 weeks later...

After today's loss, I'm gonna reiterate my call for the Eagles to draft this guy.  Gannon's defense won't work with the safeties that we have on the roster right now.  We need a ball hawk with range who can cover the middle of the field.  Hamilton can be that guy.

Just now, Ewaeagle said:

After today's loss, I'm gonna reiterate my call for the Eagles to draft this guy.  Gannon's defense won't work with the safeties that we have on the roster right now.  We need a ball hawk with range who can cover the middle of the field.  Hamilton can be that guy.

Gannons defense won't work full stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Gannons defense won't work full stop.

Yeah, you're right, but if they decide to keep him, maybe his scheme might look different with Hamilton back there.

1 minute ago, Ewaeagle said:

Yeah, you're right, but if they decide to keep him, maybe his scheme might look different with Hamilton back there.

It won't. His scheme will be just as soft, just as unimaginative and just as pathetic. He's a fraud, a joke, a chump. He's soft and his scheme is soft. 

• Like 1

I like this kid a lot. He's a good all around football player, and the Eagles desperately need more of those.

• Like 3

Picking at No.5 right now.

If one of the blue chip prospects is there in Hamilton, Stingley etc just take him!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Picking at No.5 right now.

If one of the blue chip prospects is there in Hamilton, Stingley etc just take him!

You'd go Hamilton over Hutch would you bud?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You'd go Hamilton over Hutch would you bud?

Let’s put it this way;

The DE class is really deep. You can easily grab a quality edge rusher at/around 11, with the Colts pick and there’ll be even good edge rushers available in the 2nd round.

When I look at Hamilton, I see a truly elite prospect. Not that Hutch isn’t good but he isn’t in that tier IMO.

Every draft has a handful of blue chip prospects. Hamilton is the Kyle Pitts of this year in my book. An almost generational prospect at the safety position.

Every once in a while that good of a prospect at a specific position comes along. This year it’s not a TE but a safety as good if not better than Derwin James.

If you get a shot at landing him (and it’s not that the Eagles can’t use an elite DB at the safety position) you better take him and don’t look back.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Let’s put it this way;

The DE class is really deep. You can easily grab a quality edge rusher at/around 11, with the Colts pick and there’ll be even good edge rushers available in the 2nd round.

When I look at Hamilton, I see a truly elite prospect. Not that Hutch isn’t good but he isn’t in that tier IMO.

Every draft has a handful of blue chip prospects. Hamilton is the Kyle Pitts of this year in my book. An almost generational prospect at the safety position.

Every once in a while that good of a prospect at a specific position comes along. This year it’s not a TE but a safety as good if not better than Derwin James.

If you get a shot at landing him (and it’s not that the Eagles can’t use an elite DB at the safety position) you better take him and don’t look back.

Hamilton's also on my short list. Daxton Hill with his blazing speed is another great DB prospect.

I'd add two defensive linemen in the first or second rounds, there are several good candidates.
Jordan Davis to start. We need a shut-down run blocker and an edge rusher.

But I'd first go for Evan Neal, a mountain on the O line who protected Hurts at Alabama.
We need to bolster the aging players on the O line. And anticipate injuries. 

As for Hutch, he's tempting but I don't like players who were injured.
Like the Watt bros, it might be a recurring problem, despite their talent.
But that's just me being picky. He is fierce and impressive.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:28 PM, eaglegenius said:

Hamilton's also on my short list. Daxton Hill with his blazing speed is another great DB prospect.

I'd add two defensive linemen in the first or second rounds, there are several good candidates.
Jordan Davis to start. We need a shut-down run blocker and an edge rusher.

But I'd first go for Evan Neal, a mountain on the O line who protected Hurts at Alabama.
We need to bolster the aging players on the O line. And anticipate injuries. 

As for Hutch, he's tempting but I don't like players who were injured.
Like the Watt bros, it might be a recurring problem, despite their talent.
But that's just me being picky. He is fierce and impressive.

We can kiss Hamilton, Stingley and Hutchinson goodbye. We’re probably not picking in the top 5.

Agreed we need a DT and DE. The latter the way bigger need IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

We can kiss Hamilton, Stingley and Hutchinson goodbye. We’re probably not picking in the top 5.

Agreed we need a DT and DE. The latter the way bigger need IMO.

JD and Ojabo? I’ve warmed to Linderbaum now that we are actually a running team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Would you trade up to get a top 5 pick though? That's the question. I mean at least Houston won yesterday too.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Would you trade up to get a top 5 pick though? That's the question. I mean at least Houston won yesterday too.

You know how I feel about those guys. Can’t see the Eagles trading up for a corner or safety in the first. For Hutchinson?! Yes, I do!

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

You know how I feel about those guys. Can’t see the Eagles trading up for a corner or safety in the first. For Hutchinson?! Yes, I do!

You'd give up the Colts pick for example to go and get Hutchinson? Or Hamilton but I do agree with you I don't see them doing it.