Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa C/OG) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #25

Godfather

This is most likely Kelce's last year. Tyler is an obvious fit in zone blocking scheme. He's a beast

• Like 2

People will scoff at drafting a C in the 1st, but this dude is a legit beast, plug and play pro-bowler.

If Dickerson is indeed pencilled in as Guard, this would be a pick that even Howie couldn't mess up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

People will scoff at drafting a C in the 1st, but this dude is a legit beast, plug and play pro-bowler.

If Dickerson is indeed pencilled in as Guard, this would be a pick that even Howie couldn't mess up.

Agreed. He's a smaller guy but his strength is insane. He dominates the line and his athleticism is crazy. Definitely pro bowler written all over him

All you PSU fans, keep your eye on 65 on Iowa this Saturday 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Godfather said:

This is most likely Kelce's last year. Tyler is an obvious fit in zone blocking scheme. He's a beast

Kelce is only 33 he will be back next season .

27 minutes ago, rickospia said:

He looks like he's got a lot still in the tank but I wouldn't be so sure bud. I don't think he's doing to keep putting his body through it for a below average team. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rickospia said:

They reworked his deal. His cap hit I believe is 30 mil next season. He'll either retire or get released. My money is on he'll retire. @downundermike will give you the exact figures. Kelce won't be playing football next year

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Nah his contract is a poison pill designed to make this his last season, he's done.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Godfather said:

They reworked his deal. His cap hit I believe is 30 mil next season. He'll either retire or get released. My money is on he'll retire. @downundermike will give you the exact figures. Kelce won't be playing football next year

45 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Nah his contract is a poison pill designed to make this his last season, he's done.

The Eagles can only save money next year if he is a post June 1 cut.  The will save 1.5 next year, and 4.5 in 2023, and he will count 4.5 million dead against the cap both years.

If he is cut prior to June 1, his cap hit increases from 5.9 to 13.5 million.

23 hours ago, Godfather said:

He's a smaller guy but his strength is insane. 

No more small OLmen please, it'll be Kelce all over again when it comes to power running.

17 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No more small OLmen please, it'll be Kelce all over again when it comes to power running.

Watch him play. His strength is crazy. He wins in the trenches and moves these d linemen around with ease

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

The Eagles can only save money next year if he is a post June 1 cut.  The will save 1.5 next year, and 4.5 in 2023, and he will count 4.5 million dead against the cap both years.

If he is cut prior to June 1, his cap hit increases from 5.9 to 13.5 million.

Thanks 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:49 AM, Godfather said:

Spotrac has him as a free agent at the end of the year. 

Possibly trade back a little bit, pickup an extra 2023 1st Rounder and take this kid in the middle teens?

13 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Possibly trade back a little bit, pickup an extra 2023 1st Rounder and take this kid in the middle teens?

I think he'll go within the first 12 picks. If he's there, pull the trigger

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I think he'll go within the first 12 picks. If he's there, pull the trigger

If we have 3 first round picks I wouldn't be against this. Especially if Dickerson can show he's the future at OG.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:17 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we have 3 first round picks I wouldn't be against this. Especially if Dickerson can show he's the future at OG.

If we can go C, CB, S with the first 3 picks I'll be happy. I'm all for a trade back to get more picks but both those are 3 major needs that should be addressed in the first 2 rds along with DE and LB

7 hours ago, Godfather said:

If we can go C, CB, S with the first 3 picks I'll be happy. I'm all for a trade back to get more picks but both those are 3 major needs that should be addressed in the first 2 rds along with DE and LB

See I'd go DE or DT, CB and S or LB. Not in that particular order perhaps. I think DE is a major major need over C and CB.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See I'd go DE or DT, CB and S or LB. Not in that particular order perhaps. I think DE is a major major need over C and CB.

DT is important as well but with Howie kicking the can down the road with Cox.... not sure they'll go DT in the first 2 rds. I disagree. Nelson is on a one year deal, Maddox is a FA, Harris is on a one year deal and isn't setting the world on fire, and McLeod is old and I could see the Eagles moving on from him. Slay is getting up there in age. I could see Harris coming back but everyone else outside Slay will be gone

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

DT is important as well but with Howie kicking the can down the road with Cox.... not sure they'll go DT in the first 2 rds. I disagree. Nelson is on a one year deal, Maddox is a FA, Harris is on a one year deal and isn't setting the world on fire, and McLeod is old and I could see the Eagles moving on from him. Slay is getting up there in age. I could see Harris coming back but everyone else outside Slay will be gone

I think they'll try to bring Nelson back and either Harris or McLeod. They've got to get some of these guys back just simply so they don't need to force the draft. Plus it means the rookie can learn from veteran guys. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they'll try to bring Nelson back and either Harris or McLeod. They've got to get some of these guys back just simply so they don't need to force the draft. Plus it means the rookie can learn from veteran guys. 

Probably is money. Harris they could possibly bring back cheap. I think Nelson will have a strong year and get paid

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Probably is money. Harris they could possibly bring back cheap. I think Nelson will have a strong year and get paid

But they have plenty of cap space next year...

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not with all the can kicking Howie has done. When you have questions about the cap @downundermike is the man that can answer all your questions

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:16 PM, Godfather said:

Agreed. He's a smaller guy but his strength is insane. He dominates the line and his athleticism is crazy. Definitely pro bowler written all over him

Sign me up. We got picks to spare, and if you are telling me this guy is a lock on our O-line for the next 5-8 years I am 100% on board

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Not with all the can kicking Howie has done. When you have questions about the cap @downundermike is the man that can answer all your questions

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Eagles currently have 22.73 million in 2022 cap space if they rollover every dollar of space they currently have from 2021.  That is with 40 players under contract.

Deducting 8.43 million for the current first round picks projected, Eagles then have 14.3 million in cap room with 43 players under contract.  

The additional room will be to sign the remainder of the draft class, somewhere in the 3-4 million range, leaving them 10 million in space with 49 players under contract.