Sign in to follow this  
Godfather

Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa C/OG) -- 2022 Draft (Early Entry?)

Danny Watkins was once called a plug and play pro-bowler.

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Not with all the can kicking Howie has done. When you have questions about the cap @downundermike is the man that can answer all your questions

They will have like $30M next year... That's plenty. 

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles currently have 22.73 million in 2022 cap space if they rollover every dollar of space they currently have from 2021.  That is with 40 players under contract.

I thought it was more than that to be honest but OK I stand corrected. I thought they'd have closer to $30M in cap space (before draft picks) as that's what I heard. But you're the man bud so I'll go with your figures. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I thought it was more than that to be honest but OK I stand corrected. I thought they'd have closer to $30M in cap space (before draft picks) as that's what I heard. But you're the man bud so I'll go with your figures. 

OTC shows 22.7, spotrac shows 24.5 with maximum 2021 rollover.

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

OTC shows 22.7, spotrac shows 24.5 with maximum 2021 rollover.

And that includes the rollover... Damn!

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that includes the rollover... Damn!

Click the link, then go to the 2022 tab.  You will see in the far right column what all the restructuring this offseason did to the future.  If the number is red in parenthesis, that adds to the cap hit if the player is cut before June 1.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

For example, the first player listed, Fletcher Cox has a cap hit of 14.9 million.  If he is cut, adds 25.9 million to his cap hit and becomes 40.9 million.

This is the case for 9 other players, the ones we should move on from, but now can not until 2023.

image.png.0dd022bf21b6e6f0a4adf577ec5c62d5.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It‘s what we have now. It‘s 100% not what we will work with in 2022.

If we want more money, we‘ll have more money.

Like every year.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:09 PM, Green_Guinness said:

Possibly trade back a little bit, pickup an extra 2023 1st Rounder and take this kid in the middle teens?

Alex Mack went 21, but translated to any scheme. TL will be a priority for ZBS teams needing to upgrade. It only takes one team but I’d rather wait until the top of the 2nd (also Stoutland can do magic so going all-in on a polished prospect is a pricey move).

On 10/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

Alex Mack went 21, but translated to any scheme. TL will be a priority for ZBS teams needing to upgrade. It only takes one team but I’d rather wait until the top of the 2nd (also Stoutland can do magic so going all-in on a polished prospect is a pricey move).

I don't think it's a pricey move considering they'll most likely have 3 picks in the 1st rd and it would be a position of need and Linderbaum is on a level of his own at that position 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I don't think it's a pricey move considering they'll most likely have 3 picks in the 1st rd and it would be a position of need and Linderbaum is on a level of his own at that position 

I hear you - but if all we do is pass block having a 290lb center that can move might not be as attractive.  Landon Dickerson might be that guy, in which case Kenyon Green/top-G could be the target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I hear you - but if all we do is pass block having a 290lb center that can move might not be as attractive.  Landon Dickerson might be that guy, in which case Kenyon Green/top-G could be the target.

They might think Dickerson is best suited at G. We'll have a better understanding in the offseason what the plans are. If he’s sitting there and they've addressed either DE, S and or CB with their first 2 picks.... you take him

13 minutes ago, Godfather said:

They might think Dickerson is best suited at G. We'll have a better understanding in the offseason what the plans are. If he’s sitting there and they've addressed either DE, S and or CB with their first 2 picks.... you take him

Sounds good, only 6 months to the draft.

• Thanks 1