Chris Olave (THEE Ohio State WR) -- RETURNING FOR SENIOR SEASON

Jenkins27

Outside of Reagor and maybe JJAW (if he shows some improvement) our WRs after this coming season are a question mark. Alshon is most likely gone. DeSean might be gone too though I expect him to return on a reduced salary to finish his career here.

Olave has been OSU's best WR the past two years. He is a big play threat and reliable. The mistake against Clemson is an outlier, his response to it afterwards taking accountability impressed me. Right now he is projected to go as a late first rounder or early second rounder. Hopefully right in our range at pick #32.

Absolutely love this kid. He's one of those guys that is exactly what you want on the field. He can play all 3 WR positions and excels on STs. Not an uber athlete, but more than "good enough" for the position. Reminds me a tiny bit of Jeudy - specifically in that he is an excellent route runner (albeit in a limited tree) that can create separation against just about anyone while still being able to haul in the occasional circus catch. I don't predict him being a stud at the next level, but more like a core player in a receiving corps. The kind of guy who consistently produces in whatever role you give him. I have him as a second rounder right now. 

Truthfully, keep an eye on the WRs from Ohio State for the next few years. The amount of talent they have been recruiting is obscene and Hartline is one of the best WR coaches there is right now - regardless of level.

• Like 1

WR is definitely still a need for this team. After this year Jeffrey and Desean will be gone, Goodwin will be 30 IF he even makes the roster and who knows if JJAW will show any real improvement. 

Add in that Hightower and Watkins are later round picks and it's definitely going to need addressing again next year in some way. 

Can't see them using a first and possibly not even a second though. 

• Like 1

WR is a big need forsure still but I doubt the Eagles go WR in first round two years in a row. If we do I am hoping for Devonta Smith lol

Chase and Ross will be out of reach and we know the Eagles won't trade up for either of them so I won't even post a topic in this section for them.

I need to watch a little more of Olave hoping he takes the next step in route running. Sometimes excellent routes sometimes sloppy routes. Garrett Wilson in 2022 Draft will be the one though haha

• Like 1

Do you just create these so you can say the ohio bum state? Lol

17 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Do you just create these so you can say THEE Ohio State University? Lol

:ph34r:

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

:ph34r:

Yea yea yea

• 5 months later...

Should definitely be a target in the second if we pick in the top 10.

CW needs a go to guy and Olave might be just that. Although I like Reagor, I’m still a little bit pissed we passed on my boy Justin Jefferson in april.

Amon-Ra St. Brown and Tylan Wallace are similar type of WR’s I like for us in the 2nd next year.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Balled today. Two TDs.

Looks like a real talent but also I came away from that so so impressed by Fields too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Looks like a real talent but also I came away from that so so impressed by Fields too. 

Fields looks legit. Whoever gets him is gonna be happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Fields looks legit. Whoever gets him is gonna be happy.

I have to say... I'd be happy if it was us. And I know that'll be an unpopular view. I think he's better than Lawrence. 

Yeah, I’d rather have the QB than the receiver. I’m actually pretty satisfied going into next season with Fulgham, Reagor and Ward as our top 3. 

Unfortunately the division is so bad they’re going to make the playoffs with 5 or 6 wins and kill their draft position. 

59 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah, I’d rather have the QB than the receiver. I’m actually pretty satisfied going into next season with Fulgham, Reagor and Ward as our top 3. 

I'd like an upgrade in the slot if possible. And I think we do need to add another good WR this off season but it doesn't necessarily have to be a high draft pick. 

Very impressive this last Saturday. I am a little concerned about his stature but has solid potential in the NFL.

• 2 months later...

Bad news is he doesn’t seem to make anyone miss after the catch

Good news is he gets open a lot; must be quite a good route runner.  Looks like a 2nd round talent to me, perhaps still on the board at #70?

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Bad news is he doesn’t seem to make anyone miss after the catch

Good news is he gets open a lot; must be quite a good route runner.  Looks like a 2nd round talent to me, perhaps still on the board at #70?

Agreed, this is a deep WR class. There is a possibility that he may fall when compared to other WRs coming out. If he is there in round 3, that is a steal if he is the BPA. But there are some good defensive players that I think the eagles should focus on grabbing in day 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think he saw how much Smiths stock rose. Nexts years class appears to be weaker class so he may capitalize. There is no guarantee he goes ahead of Garrett Wilson though