Wyatt Davis (THEE Ohio State OG) -- DRAFTED BY MINNESOTA #86

Jenkins27

Former 5 star recruit who has lived up to the hype. Kelce has flirted with retirement and in the event he does retire after this year (please don't!) we can move Seumalo to center and draft Davis to be his replacement at LG.

He is son of actor Duane Davis and grandson of NFL HOFer Willie Davis. Was consensus First team All-American and First team All-Big Ten last year.

I know OL are boring to watch but take a look at those clips...

Currently projected as a mid-late first rounder.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:06 PM, Jenkins27 said:

Former 5 star recruit who has lived up to the hype. Kelce has flirted with retirement and in the event he does retire after this year (please don't!) we can move Seumalo to center and draft Davis to be his replacement at LG.

He is son of actor Duane Davis and grandson of NFL HOFer Willie Davis. Was consensus First team All-American and First team All-Big Ten last year.

Jeez he's a beast.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Eagles should go DT, DE and OL with the top 3 picks. Have to replace Cox, eventually. Graham doesn't have much left and Kelce is year to year and Brooks is a question mark. 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:06 PM, Jenkins27 said:

Bum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Bump, as of rn (3 weeks into the season) I think we go OL or WR in R1.

I think they go OL because whoever their QB is they need to protect them and looking ahead their OL is in a bit of a mess. 

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

No OG in the top 5, please! Love the player though. Nasty MF. 😂

Agreed, I’m assuming we turn it around. If we’re top 5 or maybe even 10 we ain’t going interior lineman.

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Agreed, I’m assuming we turn it around. If we’re top 5 or maybe even 10 we ain’t going interior lineman.

I’m not assuming anything right now with the Niners, Steelers and Ravens coming up. In fact; if they’re still this bad around the trade deadline, they should be major sellers and heads should roll.

Davis is definitely worth a top 20 pick IMO though.

Trey Smith is better

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

We're not turning it around. The schedule doesn't get any easier

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Godfather said:

We're not turning it around. The schedule doesn't get any easier

I know stranger things have happened but... Anyone thinking this team can turn it around is really deluding themselves. The schedule isn't just about to get a little harder, it's about to get straight up ugly. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know stranger things have happened but... Anyone thinking this team can turn it around is really deluding themselves. The schedule isn't just about to get a little harder, it's about to get straight up ugly. 

So you're going with the " You forge Fighting Swords in the Kiddie Pool against the little sisters of the poor" theory.

Intrigued.

chance.gif

• 1 month later...

I was going to post this kid but no need to since he's already here. This young fellow is really good inside. IMO, he instantly solves the OG issue, as I believe he's better than Seumalo on day one, and will be nipping at Brooks' heels as best OG in a couple of years. Of course he has to train at both OG positions and earn his way up the depth chart, but I am confident he can do both. If the skill positions have been picked over by 19 overall (where the Eagles seem doomed to pick), drafting this kid isn't a bad idea at all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 11:54 AM, PoconoDon said:

I was going to post this kid but no need to since he's already here. This young fellow is really good inside. IMO, he instantly solves the OG issue, as I believe he's better than Seumalo on day one, and will be nipping at Brooks' heels as best OG in a couple of years. Of course he has to train at both OG positions and earn his way up the depth chart, but I am confident he can do both. If the skill positions have been picked over by 19 overall (where the Eagles seem doomed to pick), drafting this kid isn't a bad idea at all.

The focus this offseason should be all about fixing this offense. If we can’t get our hands on Chase, try to trade down a couple of spots and just take Davis to give this OL a boost by adding a blue chip prospect.

I'd be ok taking him from 18-20. Not in the top 10. Could get a guy like Trey Smith in the 2nd

Should we end up picking in the 5-10 range then I wouldn't be opposed to a trade back with some team that is QB hungry and wants to over-reach as there's usually 1 team every draft that does that.  Trade down to 12-16 and pickup a couple more draft picks (we need all we can get to help replenish this aging declining roster) and draft this kid.  Though passing on Chase or Surtain would be tough.  It's still too early and until the draft board actually shakes out then you never know.  The theory is you draft a 1st round player who can come in and make an immediate impact.  This kid could do that.  Even if he is from some bum school in Ohio.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:27 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Eagles should go DT, DE and OL with the top 3 picks. 

You could easily list LB, CB, and S in any order for the top 3 picks, those are our weakest positions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

You could easily list LB, CB, and S in any order for the top 3 picks, those are our weakest positions.

LB, CB, S, OG, C, DE, WR and hey QB.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

LB, CB, S, OG, C, DE, WR and hey QB.

Ohhh man, where to start?!

• Like 1