Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

I like Fields, but I’d REALLY like to see what we have with Hurts before taking a QB in the top 5. If he went out there and showed he can be the guy, that opens you up to either trade back to get a nice haul of picks, or get a top flight lineman (on either side). Hell, looking like some top 10 worthy WRs which would still be a need when they move on from Jackson and Jeffery next offseason. 

6 hours ago, nipples said:

I like Fields, but I’d REALLY like to see what we have with Hurts before taking a QB in the top 5. If he went out there and showed he can be the guy, that opens you up to either trade back to get a nice haul of picks, or get a top flight lineman (on either side). Hell, looking like some top 10 worthy WRs which would still be a need when they move on from Jackson and Jeffery next offseason. 

I guess it all depends really... If there's to be a rebuild how long do they think it'll take. Now of course that's a difficult question to answer but if they think it's 2-3 years then maybe it's not essential to take a QB this year. But if they are in the top 5 it's hard to overlook that position. And what does the 2022 and 2023 draft look like for QB? They'll also need to consider that. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess it all depends really... If there's to be a rebuild how long do they think it'll take. Now of course that's a difficult question to answer but if they think it's 2-3 years then maybe it's not essential to take a QB this year. But if they are in the top 5 it's hard to overlook that position. And what does the 2022 and 2023 draft look like for QB? They'll also need to consider that. 

Well I really like Fields, but don’t see him as a "can’t miss” prospect like Burrow. I just think it would be beneficial to see if Hurts could be the guy (I’m talking get him into the lineup THIS year if Wentz doesn’t magically fix his suckage). If you get him in there and he just looks terrible, fine take Fields. 

But I’d Hurts looks really good, then you could potentially put that pick to good use addressing another area (or areas if they trade back). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nipples said:

How do you plan on being the qb factory if we don’t get the top QBs we can? 

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, Jenkins27 said:

We ain't going QB in the first. Fields is a baller tho.

If he's there when they Eagles pick they'd be foolish to pass on him, Wentz is a Tim Tebow, Fields is a Russel Wilson.......worry about the money issues later

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If he's there when they Eagles pick they'd be foolish to pass on him, Wentz is a Tim Tebow, Fields is a Russel Wilson.......worry about the money issues later

Feelings about Wentz aside, we ain’t going QB in the first after just picking a QB in the second the year before (unless Hurts gets an opportunity and looks terrible).

I never trust QBs from 2 schools. USC and Ohio State. They never seam to work out in the NFL. Im sure Ill hear that Joe Burrow started out at Ohio Sate. Well he never played and transfered to be a starter at LSU. I will never trust QBs from those two schools. 

5 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Feelings about Wentz aside, we ain’t going QB in the first after just picking a QB in the second the year before (unless Hurts gets an opportunity and looks terrible).

I'm sure the Eagles could trade Hurts, they may not get 2nd value in return but he can be dealt, Wentz and his contract, not so much. 

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I'm sure the Eagles could trade Hurts, they may not get 2nd value in return but he can be dealt, Wentz and his contract, not so much. 

If they traded Hurts for less than a second then I have no idea what the point in drafting him was at all. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If they traded Hurts for less than a second then I have no idea what the point in drafting him was at all. 

Im in the very small majority BUT I see the sense in drafting him for other reasons then hes here to take over for Wentz. 

QB is the most important position on the team. Wentz has gone down more then we like and we saw first hand how important a backup QB that can play is to a team. However, QBs are also the most expensive position on the team. Backups are bring in 7-12 mill a year for a good vet. We dont have that cap space. So lets draft a player that you see has a upside to be a solid player if Wentz goes down and at a extreme low cost. If anything happens with Wentz we have it covered. Then 3 years down the line if you get a 2nd or 3rd back, great move. 

In the end I see the value of it even if he doesnt play which is the best case. We never know how this will play out. Thats the way I see it

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

In the end I see the value of it even if he doesnt play which is the best case. We never know how this will play out. Thats the way I see it

Right now... Admittedly based on 3 games... I'm not so sure if it's the best case if Hurts doesn't play. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right now... Admittedly based on 3 games... I'm not so sure if it's the best case if Hurts doesn't play. 

With how Doug is calling plays and game planning I dont think it matters who the QB is, we will lose no matter what. Im predicting tomorrow that Doug looks at the 49ers top ranked pass defense and still throws 55+ times and only runs 25 times and we get a losing result from it. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

If the eagles are in position to draft Fields they must consider it at this point

I'm fully on board with this. No doubt in my mind. 

On 9/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And what does the 2022 and 2023 draft look like for QB? They'll also need to consider that. 

They should have considered that good QBs come out every year and you don't have to mortgage your future to get one.

If we are within striking range of getting Fields then I really see no argument to not get him. Carson isn't the answer and presumably this team doesn't want to be near the top 5 of the draft next year...

On 11/23/2020 at 3:15 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we are within striking range of getting Fields then I really see no argument to not get him. Carson isn't the answer and presumably this team doesn't want to be near the top 5 of the draft next year...

You don’t notice that Fields just stands back there in the pocket and is slow to process?  He can run away from college kids — but he’s not an elite NFL QB prospect 

When I play his OSU tape back to back with Dwayne Haskins, even Haskins is more polished and a better pure passer.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

You don’t notice that Fields just stands back there in the pocket and is slow to process?  He can run away from college kids — but he’s not an elite NFL QB prospect 

When I play his OSU tape back to back with Dwayne Haskins, even Haskins is more polished and a better pure passer.

You think? I don't see that. I see a very polished passer. I guess we shall see. 

• 1 month later...

Look I really do want to see Hurts get a fair shot but we have an issue at QB because there is no clear franchise QB. 

one thing we learned this season is that Wentz is not our franchise qb.

with the Jets losing out on #1 pick there is a change they decide that Sam Darnold deserves another shot. This could cause Justin Fields to slide. I have been on record that the Eagles must consider Fields if he is on the board when the Eagles are on the clock. 

this is not an overreaction to Hurts game today.