Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

Might as well start looking at the QB's. I have no doubt, now, that Howie is going to draft a QB. Even after his press conference, where he tells us that they moved on from Carson because they believe in Hurts and he is now the franchise QB. 

Image result for top gun crash and burn gif

Just now, kentwo said:

Fields has a lot of work to do, but better potential than Hurts.

Oh without doubt. I'm not saying Hurts is going to be a bad player but I absolutely think Fields has the higher ceiling.

No Thank you

Makes no sense to take a QB this year. Build a team and get a QB in a few years. Makes more sense cap wise. Cheaper to build the team up, then add the last piece in a QB that you will have 4-5 years on a rookie contract with a good team already in place. Bucs and Colts did it the right way. 

This kid may be the best QB in the draft. He beat Trevor Lawrence didn't he?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trout103@yahoo.com said:

This kid may be the best QB in the draft. He beat Trevor Lawrence didn't he?

Yes!

Also, very risky using your email as your username. @downundermike gonna send you dong pics

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 3:58 PM, DeathByEagle said:

No Thank you

Makes no sense to take a QB this year. Build a team and get a QB in a few years. Makes more sense cap wise. Cheaper to build the team up, then add the last piece in a QB that you will have 4-5 years on a rookie contract with a good team already in place. Bucs and Colts did it the right way. 

The bucs and colts were forced to do it that way cause one QB sucked and the other retired

I have been on the Fields bandwagon. The Eagles would be stupid not to do their due diligence on the top QBs. Fields doesn’t have the best arm in this draft but he definitely has the best deep ball (accuracy and arc) which Wentz did not have and Hurts does not have. I’m not saying draft a QB I’m saying do your due diligence.

Fields is going to be a special player and it blows my mind that people think Zach Wilson, Trey Lance and Mac Jones are better...this type of overthinking led Mitch Trubisky to be drafted in front of Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes. 

With that said, I hope for Chase/Sewell/Smith at #6.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Fields is going to be a special players and it blows my mind that people think Zach Wilson, Trey Lance and Mac Jones are better...this type of overthinking led Mitch Trubisky to be drafted in front of Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes. 

Agreed. I've been a Fields fan for a few years now and the boy just keeps on delivering. He has delivered in big games and I really think he's going to be a special player in the NFL. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Jenkins27 said:

We wanna be a QB factory :ph34r:

Bum player from a bum ass school

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Based on the comments made in the most recent press conference with Howie Roseman and Nick Sirianni, I wouldn't rule them out taking a QB at 6. Of course they could not give out very specific details with regards to the draft strategy, but the fact that they didn't really seem to strongly commit to Hurts as the starter for this upcoming season is somewhat telling. If we absolutely have to go with a QB at 6, I'd take Fields over Lance easily.

I'm hoping this is just the team keeping the cards close to the vest and that we actually give Hurts a fair shot as a starter for one full season. You don't draft a QB in round 2 if you don't think he has starter ability. Some would even say the same thing about round 3 QBs, but obviously requiring more development. Round 4-7 drafted QBs are generally the ones brought in with the realistic expectation of being a backup.

Fields timed a 4.41 and look to be in the high 4.3s during pro day. Sneaky fast

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Fields timed a 4.41 and look to be in the high 4.3s during pro day. Sneaky fast

Wow, that's impressive for a QB. Robert Griffin III is the last notable QB that I recall who ran such a time at the Combine.

Michael Vick ran a 4.33 at the Combine, but of course he was a one of a kind prospect. High 4.3s/4.41 is still pretty darn fast though.

12 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Wow, that's impressive for a QB. Robert Griffin III is the last notable QB that I recall who ran such a time at the Combine.

Michael Vick ran a 4.33 at the Combine, but of course he was a one of a kind prospect. High 4.3s/4.41 is still pretty darn fast though.

It was hand timed but that is still pretty good. His proday will be more telling because there will be scouts present to verify the time. Field is sneaky fast because he does not look that fast on the tape.

Fields is the only QB in the draft outside of Lawrence that I would not be mad if the Eagles draft him in 1st. I would not prefer but I would understand. Fields has some Russel Wilson in him. 

Another QB I wouldnt mind the eagles drafting in round 3 or 4 is Kellen Mond. I think he is a very interesting developmental prospect.

• Like 1

Another interesting angle to look at is how strong is the 2022 draft class at QB? Are those guys on par with, better than, or not as impressive as this year's class with Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance and maybe even Mac Jones projected to go in the top 15?

If the Eagles come to the conclusion that 2022 is an inferior QB class than this year, they could go ahead and draft a QB at 6.

I would imagine that this would factor into their draft evaluation and decision making. 

23 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Another interesting angle to look at is how strong is the 2022 draft class at QB? Are those guys on par with, better than, or not as impressive as this year's class with Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance and maybe even Mac Jones projected to go in the top 15?

If the Eagles come to the conclusion that 2022 is an inferior QB class than this year, they could go ahead and draft a QB at 6.

I would imagine that this would factor into their draft evaluation and decision making. 

This would be a huge mistake. Howie did this with Wentz by saying they evaluated QBs in the follow draft and didn’t feel like they were as good as Wentz...next draft Watson and Mahomes.

so much can happen in a year. Rattler from OU will be the best QB in draft next year by far and the eagles would need the #1 pick to get him. Not sold on the other QBs like Nix, Howell, Purdy, Daniels, etc. but next year they might blow up and be better prospects that people thought.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

This would be a huge mistake. Howie did this with Wentz by saying they evaluated QBs in the follow draft and didn’t feel like they were as good as Wentz...next draft Watson and Mahomes.

so much can happen in a year. Rattler from OU will be the best QB in draft next year by far and the eagles would need the #1 pick to get him. Not sold on the other QBs like Nix, Howell, Purdy, Daniels, etc. but next year they might blow up and be better prospects that people thought.

Ouch. I think the Eagles generally have poor luck in terms of years they need a QB and end up with a top 5 pick. We either stink a year too late or a year too early. 

As good as McNabb was for us after the Eagles drafted him in 1999, what if they were the worst team in 1998 and took Peyton Manning? Then again with our luck they could have taken Ryan Leaf instead 😂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Ouch. I think the Eagles generally have poor luck in terms of years they need a QB and end up with a top 5 pick. We either stink a year too late or a year too early. 

As good as McNabb was for us after the Eagles drafted him in 1999, what if they were the worst team in 1998 and took Peyton Manning? Then again with our luck they could have taken Ryan Leaf instead 😂

Can you imagine Manning and Reid with this team for a decade plus?  How many championships would we have won?  2-3 at least. 

13 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Can you imagine Manning and Reid with this team for a decade plus?  How many championships would we have won?  2-3 at least. 

Doubtful Manning was a record setting QB almost his whole.career with the colts and had way better weapons and still only won once in a super bowl run that he was horrible.in the playoffs. The 2 times manning won super bowls his defense carried his ass. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doubtful Manning was a record setting QB almost his whole.career with the colts and had way better weapons and still only won once in a super bowl run that he was horrible.in the playoffs. The 2 times manning won super bowls his defense carried his ass. 

That's my point...we had a much better defense and coaching staff.  You swap out McNabb for Manning and think this team wins nothing?  Please. 

15 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

That's my point...we had a much better defense and coaching staff.  You swap out McNabb for Manning and think this team wins nothing?  Please. 

Ok cool didn't happen though   plus no QB has won multiple championships with the same coach or team in the last 20 years except brady so sure I guess manning would do it . What makes you think Manning gets this team over the hump with the same sheety offensive talent mcnabb had? 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok cool didn't happen though   plus no QB has won multiple championships with the same coach or team in the last 20 years except brady so sure I guess manning would do it . What makes you think Manning gets this team over the hump with the same sheety offensive talent mcnabb had? 

If you believe McNabb and Manning's talent/abilities were the same then I can't really help you.  

4 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

If you believe McNabb and Manning's talent/abilities were the same then I can't really help you.  

Well it's a fake scenario that never happened so I can't help you with your fantasy world so guess we should.just drop the whole.conversation. 

Never said they were on the same level just giving examples on how your dream might not happen based on actual things that happened there  is just no proof that your dream would happen the way you see it so no point in talking about it. 

1 hour ago, b_west3 said:

I think I'd look at Manning's post season record and suggest that he wouldn't have made as much a difference as you think, Manning was a regular season warrior, but his post season record of frankly choking means he isn't close to Brady when it comes to the crunch, he barely deserved his second ring.